Lessons Learned

Love's First Game

Minho's POV

She wouldn't come. Of course she wouldn't. It's been three hours already. She's probably at home doing something more useful than seeing me. She's probably busy studying so she wouldn't waste her precious time with me.

But I've waited for her for a long time already. I've waited for years just to talk to her and now that I have gathered enough courage to ask her out, she wouldn't come. 

OH SHOOT! It started raining. How could this day be worse than ever?

I guess this is just a lesson learned the hard way. She's too perfect for me. And I don't have any chances with her whatsoever. 

I should probably go home now that I'm soaking wet and it's really dark. I guess this is already a sign. I should probably let her go.

"We should really go to that shed because it's raining pretty hard now. You might get sick." At first I was surprised to hear someone say something here. I thought I was alone in this place at this time of the night. But when I heard that voice, that voice that I've waited for so long to talk to, I felt a spark of hope in my heart.

I stood up, searched for the shed she was saying and ran towards it. I heard her footsteps running towards the shed too.

"Here's your ice cream." She said happily as she handed me a covered cup of ice cream and a spoon. As sat the the bench and stared at the football field, somewhat oblivious to anything and anyone.

"Look, I'm really sorry I made you wait. I had to help a friend do some work and --" She stopped, as if realizing I'm not even listening to a word she was saying.

"I'm really sorry." I heard her say those words with a tone of sadness in her voice. I could really tell she was really sorry. I looked at her for the first time after she arrived. She was really drenched, her hair was really messing and her face was her showing sadness. 

I felt as if I want to erase all that and make her feel happy again. I just wanted to touch her hair, her face.. I just wanted to hug her so tight so she could feel how much I love her. I just wish she was beside me forever.

"I don't know what flavor you like.." She sat beside me and opened the cup for me. "So I ordered a few" She scooped ice cream from my cup and motioned it towards my mouth. She asked me to open it and I ate what was on the spoon.

This was the closest I've ever been to her. Seeing her face this close made me want to hug her even more. She's just so beautiful even she's soaked.

"Do you like me, Minho?" Her question caught me off guard. I was shocked that she asked me that! Then she smiled, as if knowing I wouldn't respond to her question.

"I'm sorry for asking such a silly question. You know, I've never had someone who likes me ask me out and I think there will never be. So I don't know what to feel or even why someone like you would wait in the rain..." She paused.

"Just for ice cream." And then she laughed.

"Isn't this romantic?" She asked again. And smiled. "Well, I guess, this isn't. Like I told you, I've never had a boyfriend before so I don't know what's romantic or not." She sighed. "Aren't you going to say anything?" 

"Well you know, I'm really feeling cold because my whole body is wet because of the rain so..." She stood hesitantly. "I better go home now."

She walked away from me. Slowly. Or that's how I perceived it. I really want to follow her and tell her how I feel but I couldn't even say a word. I couldn't get my body to move and make her stay.

This is another lesson learned the hard way.