Alone to Maldives

Love's First Game

 

 

Onew’s POV

 

The day has finally come.

 

I packed all the things I needed for the trip. And I packed something extra, my lover for her. I stopped by the flowershop to order a bouquet of flowers for Soo Hee. I specifically picked the ones she liked and the colors she loved most. After that, I went to buy her chocolates.

 

I have made up my mind. I have waited for this moment to come and tomorrow, in Maldives, I’ll confess my love for her.

 

Umma drove me to the airport because she wanted to check if I brought everything I needed. “Those flowers are so pretty!” She said. 

 

But before I went to down the car, she held my hand and told me something. “You remember when you were young, when you would always give Soo Hee your favorite milk drink? You’ve always liked her. So when you told me you have a girlfriend, and it was not Soo Hee, I felt sad. I really liked her too, you know.”

 

“Umma..”

 

“But now, I wish you would man up and tell her how you really feel! From the very beginning.”

 

“I’ve always wanted to do that. It’s just that, I don’t like getting rejected and all. What if she doesn’t like me or.. Or.. She likes someone else..”

 

“That’s why you have a mind to think of ways on how to make her feel how much you love her. And you have a heart to feel the love she will give you. I’m sure she will.”

 

“Umma..”

 

“Alright, son, you should go now. You don’t want to miss your flight, now do you?”

 

I kissed her on the forehead and went down the car. “Goodbye, Umma! Take care! I love you!”

 

“I love you too! Take care, okay? Take care of Soo Hee! And use protection!” She shouted as I walked away.

 

I bet Soo Hee will really be surprised to see me here instead of Key. 

 

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you everything.

 

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

I kinda felt bad for Key because I couldn’t come to Maldives with him. Oh that would have been really wonderful. Maldives is such a beautiful place! I wonder who he’ll bring instead..

 

I was in class when our teacher told me my mother was waiting in the principal’s office. I don’t know if I’ve done something wrong but I’m sure as hell I’m innocent.

 

I went inside and office and saw Umma with Onew’s mom. What’s happening?

 

“Your mother wants you to go home early today. I think you are supposed to go somewhere…”

 

“Yes that’s right. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but we really have to leave. Thank you, mister principal!”

 

Before I could understand what’s happening, my mother was dragging me downstairs.
“Umma, what’s happening?”

 

“You didn’t tell me you were coming with Onew to Maldives?”

 

“WHAT? No! Key invited me!”

 

“But Onew bought the tickets from Key so he could be with you! Come on, let’s move faster.” Onew’s mom told me. We went inside the car and Onew’s mom started driving.

 

“How could you not know Soo Hee?” Umma asked me. “Umma, you didn’t let me go, remember?”

 

“Yeah, but if you told me you were going with Onew, I would have let you go..” She said.

 

“It was supposed to be a surprise!” Onew’s mom interrupted. “Now, no one is at fault here. We just have to drive fast so we can reach the airport. There is still time.”

“What, I’m going to Maldives now?”

 

“Yeah! I brought your papers and passport here---”

 

“But Umma, I don’t have clothes!”

 

“Yes I know, there was no time to pack…”

 

After our heated discussion and them panicking too much, they told me they bumped into each other and wondered why I was at school. So yeah, Onew bought the tickets from Key and now he’s there left alone in the airport. We’ve got like 10 minutes to get to the airport. But this traffic just won’t allow us to reach on time.

 

COME ON! Please let me be there on time!

 

 

Onew’s POV

 

I’m here waiting for Soo Hee to come. But all the passengers had their bags loaded and their papers checked. The airport personal told me to queue already so I can board the plane. They told me I can wait there.

 

So I did. I went through all the procedures, double checked everything and boarded the plane. But Soo Hee is still not coming.

 

Maybe when she knew I was the one going with her, she just backed out. Maybe she didn’t want to be with me.

 

I realized everything I worked so hard for was just wasted.

 

When they finally locked the airplane door and told us to fasten our seatbelts, my heart just sank. The seat beside me was empty. And I’m leaving for Maldives alone.

 

When the plane took off, without Soo Hee, my heart just died.

 

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

We were running towards the airport personel asking them about the flight.

 

“I’m sorry but the plane has just departed.”