The Reason Why

Love's First Game

Onew's POV

I went to their house to ask how she's doing.  I haven't talked to her since the other day, when Min Jee interrupted our conversation. And I know she's been having problems again.

When I arrived, her mother told me to go directly to her room to wake her up because it was almost noon. I went up to her room and heard her shouting.

She's having nightmares again, well it's not night time but you get what I mean. I quickly moved towards her and sat beside her on the bed.

I shook her hard to wake her up but she was fighting and resisting me in her sleep. She keeps shouting No! Don't leave! and moves as harshly as she could. 

"Soo Hee, wake up! Soo Hee!"

I tried pinning her down, shaking her even more to wake her up and finally, she woke up, startled.

"Why are you here?" She sat on the bed, grabbed her blanket and covered her body.

"Are you okay?"  I asked her, extending my arm to touch her. But she got up and threw herself to me, hugging me. Her face was on my chest and her arms wrapped around my waist.

I heard her cry. "Oh Soo Hee.." I rubbed her back to make her feel better but she just continued crying.

"I'm having dreams again Onew, those dreams!" 

"Soo Hee, that's the past already. Don't think about it anymore!"

"I can't stop thinking and dreaming about it now. Even if I try my hardest, they always always bother me. I don't want this anymore!"

"Hey.. stop." I pulled her away from me and lift her chin up. Then I wiped her tears. "Stop.... baby."

"I can't!"

"You can! You're a strong person. You know that!"

"You don't know what it feels like to be left at an orphanage by your own parents! You don't know how much that hurts!" She yelled at me, making me feel bad about what I said.

"Yes, you're right, I don't. But you know you already found great parents who took really good care of you for the past 10 years!"

"No! That's not... I don't... I...I..." She shook her head repeatedly, her tears flowing even more.

"What's bothering you, Soo Hee?"

"You don't know what it feels like to wait for someone to come take you away from that sad.. gloomy... nasty orphanage. You don't know what it feels like to wait for forever to be loved. I've waited so long for a family, a nice one, to take care of me."

"I've been patient, all my life, waiting and waiting and waiting. That's why am like this. I'm always holding things back, being patient, never letting my emotions control my actions. Because I have to always wait for someone to save me from all the hurt I'm going through. That is so weak of me!" She burst into crying again.

"And I feel like if I want something so bad, I just have to wait for it to come to me. Ever since I was young, I can't do anything. I can't get away or make a mother love me. I simply have to wait for them to adopt me. And until now, all I do is wait."

"But you found them already! You don't have to wait anymore! Your parents love you so much!"

I think what I said really got to her. She stopped for a moment and thought hard.

"Yes, you're right! I found them already. And I should be thankful. I am thankful!" She said, proudly. Then she leaned closer to me, her face only inches away from mine.

"Onew, I've got over the fact that I'm adopted. Because I have wonderful parents already."

"And..." I asked, waiting for her to continue.

"Now I feel like I want something so bad.." She leaned even more closer, our lips almost touching, looking me at the eye. "..but all I do is wait for it to come to me. And I fear that one day, he's gone for good."

"Then why don't you do something about it!"

"Why don't you do something about it!" She mocked me, grinning.

I laughed. "Why me?"

She got up and hit me with a pillow. "I'm hungry!" She rubbed her stomach, making her loose shirt reveal her waist. "Let's eat!" She ran towards the door. "Hurry!" She shouted. 

"Coming!" My phone rang.

 

"Oppa! Where are you?"

"Soo Hee's house. Why?"

"What? She didn't learn her lesson, did she?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing oppa, I'm just teaching her something. And it seems she didn't learn her lesson. Anyways. Got to go! Just checking you though."

She hung up.

I went down and had lunch with Soo Hee's family.