Thanks

Love's First Game

Soo Hee's POV

I missed school for a week so that my body could rest and heal for a week. And when I finally went to school, I had a cast on one hand, and my bag on the other.

I struggled to walk up the stairs since my body is still weak after all the incident.

I can tolerate the pain though. I just don't think I can tolerate the sight of Minho's empty seat. I'll probably cry again in class today.

And one more thing. Min Jee. Not the sight of her please. I am begging you.

 

I dropped my bag as I was walking down the hall. But I just can't seem to bend down without falling. I tried to reach for my bag But I just couldn't. Good thing some guy was there and helped my with it.

"I'll bring you to your room!" 

That voice..

"No, you don't have to do that. I'm okay."

But he still carried my bag until I reached my room.

 

I just found the guy.

 

I waited for classes to be over and went to that guys classroom. When I saw him leave the room, he looked at me but he just continued walking.

I tried to walk faster to keep up with him but he just wouldn't stop walking. And I couldn't walk fast with my bag on one hand and a cast on the other. But I knew what to do.

I dropped my bag so that the contents would all scatter on the floor. Soon enough, that guy looked and me and helped me put the things back in my bag.

"Thank you." I said. I think he knew I was going to talk to him so he hurriedly got up and wanted to leave.

"Can you please help me get in my father's car? It's just on the parking lot outside school." I tried to sound as pitiful as I can. 

"Oh okay." Though he sounds so hesitant.

I know this will be a very embarrassing if he's not the guy I am looking for. He'll go and say, what is wrong with this stupid girl, following me with a cast around her. But I guess it's worth the shot.

He was walking ahead of me, carrying my things, trying to ignore me and not look me in the eye. This made me pretty confident that he knows me or at least, he has something to do with what happened.

"Thank you!" I shouted. "For saving my life."

He stopped walking and looked at me. Then he started walking towards me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let this happen to you."

I looked at him steadily. He had that sad look upon his face, almost crying. 

"If you weren't there, I could have been killed by now." I reminded him of what he has done. If he wasn't there, Min Jee could have hit me so hard, I could have died. 

"Your face... it's scarred." He touched my face, running his fingers on the scar on my cheek. I felt like a strong current hit my spine. And I froze as he touched my face.

"So you really love her, huh?" I changed the topic so he would stop what he's doing.

"Well.. I loved her. That's for sure. But now I'm kinda deliberating about it." He laughed.

"But you.. you helped her with things like that. Bad things!"

"That's the point actually. I thought I'd do everything for her. But now, I feel like I'm not me anymore. I'm some bad person already."

"So what happened after that? Can you tell me?"

"Why don't we sit somewhere first so you won't feel tired?" He suggested.

"Oh. Okay."

 

 

"So where were we?" He sat beside me on the bench. "The plan, you know, was just to scare you. I don't know how she'll do it but she promised me she won't touch you, not a single hair. But obviously, she didn't keep her promise."

"You brought me to the hospital?"

"Well, yeah, I had to. Or you'll die of blood loss!"

"And what happened to Min Jee? I haven't seen her here."

"I haven't seen her either. Didn't talk to her or anything after that."

"My parents want an investigation you know. And Onew too." I told him. But the way I told him, it was as if I was asking his opinion.

He laughed. "Then do it."

"No! I told them to forget about it. Don't want any trouble anymore."

"How kind of you." He said vaguely.

"I'm troubled."

"And why is that?"

"I feel bad for you, loving Min Jee like that and having to do bad things for her.."

"You don't have to feel bad. People do stupid things when they are in love. And you know what? I thank you for letting me realize that I really don't love her anymore. If you weren't almost killed back there, I wouldn't have realized that. So thank you!"

"Good to know I helped someone!" I giggled.

"So you'll just let this go?"

"Why not?

"I had someone so dear to me, and we were happy and everything. We were so in love. And in just a snap, he just disappeared. Saying he doesn't love me anymore. What do you do with that? You just let it go."

"Soo Hee..."

I was surprised when he called me by my name. 

"Oh, appa's here!" I saw Appa's car and he stopped near us. I hopped in he helped me get my things inside the car. But before I closed the door, I asked him his name.

"My name is Key. And I'm Minho's bestfriend."

 

 

--

Author's Note

I guess I'll be updating more often now that my semester is almost over. Also, I want to finish this story already. But anyways, you've probably observed that there's a new character (YEY KEY <3) and a twist in the story.  So I hope you keep on reading :) Thanks a bunch!