Rude Awakening

Love's First Game

 

Onew’s POV

 

I threw what I was holding because I couldn’t stop myself from doing so. I was so frustrated that I just had to leave them. I can’t stand the sight of Soo Hee being in another person’s arms.

 

“Onew. I love you!”

 

It stopped. My world stopped. How can something as simple and short as I love you mean the world to me?

 

I couldn’t move for a moment, paralyzed by the war between my mind and my heart. My mind says go, my hearts wants to run to her and take her away from him. 

 

But eventually my mind won.

 

.....

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

Key’s grip has started to tighten and I felt my arm hurt. He grabbed me again and hugged me. “Don’t cry.” He whispers as he rubbed my back.

 

“Why?”

 

“That’s life.” He sighed. “ happens.” He said, confident that he knew what I was referring to.

 

“No.. Why are you doing this?” I asked again.

 

“I promised Minho I’ll make you happy.”

 

“You’re not even close to making me --”

 

“I will. Be patient. I’m Key. I can do everything.” He wiped my tears. “Now, run. Before he’s gone.”

 

I didn’t actually understood what he meant but he pushed me so I started moving, then running.

 

“Onew!” I shouted. “Onew!”

 

I saw him standing there, looking right at me. Then I stopped running.

 

“Onew...” I threw my arms to him.

 

He looked, his eyes were filled with anger. “What was that about?”

 

“It’s not what you think!” I walked towards him.

 

“Go away!” He yelled at me. “Go away.”

 

“No, no..” I hugged him. “No..”

 

“You’re my girlfriend, remember? How can you do that? How can you hug another guy, in front of me?”

 

“Girlfriend? Really? Cause when we were in that party and you fought with Key, it didn’t sound like so”

 

“Oh now you’re saying we are not together? And don’t change the topic!”

 

“I don’t know what’s happening anymore!”

 

“You don’t know why you hugged him? Did someone control you and made you do that?”

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

“What I saw was real! What you heard was pure speculation! You cant believe him and not believe me?”

 

“But I’ve waited for days for you to explain. That night I was so angry that I had to leave so I won’t say hurtful things to you. But after that, I thought you would tell me something. But you didn’t. You didn’t return my calls, didn’t see me in school. So I assumed what he said was right.”

 

“Leave. Right now.”

 

“What?”

 

“I said LEAVE!” Onew shouted.

 

“W-w-why?”

 

“This won’t work.” He pushed me away.

 

“Onew, please..” I tried to hug him. But he kept pushing.

 

“Go away.”

 

“Onew... Please..”

 

He kept pushing. But this time, it got a little harder. And by harder, I mean I fell on the floor.

 

“I TOLD YOU DON’T TOUCH HER.”

 

I looked at the direction where the voice came from. It was Key. He rushed towards me and help me get up.

 

“So here’s your knight in shining armor! You two look great together!” Onew blurted out. And then he left.

 

“Key..” In front of him, I cried like a baby.

 

“Now you know. Come on, let’s go."

 

I braced myself then I nodded.

 

"Don't worry. I'll take care of you.” He said.