Lastly

Love's First Game

 

The soundless hallway seemed like a deserted island, you are alive but you are practically isolated from the whole world. She waited, hoping to catch a glimpse of him, even for s brief moment. But she didn’t want him to know she’s there. She didn’t want him to know she misses him.

 

For days, Soo Hee avoided Onew, ignoring his calls, running to the comfort room when he rushes towards her in school. She didn’t want any explanation. She feels that she just might believe it again.

 

You can’t blame her, though. For the longest time, Onew hasn’t been that good to her. He’s done some really bad things, said really bad words and you can’t expect him to be nice that easily.

 

She stood there outside the school paper office where Onew is. But she knew she had to leave so he won’t see her. It was already dark and the building is almost empty. She has to go home already.

 

Soo Hee walked away, slowly breaking the silence with the heels of her shoes. One step at a time, she graced farther away from Onew. “Just one last conversation.. Please.” She whispered to herself. “But no, I won’t let him talk me out of this again.”

 

“Let’s go home.” Out of the blue, she heard a familiar voice talk to her. She smiled for a second, thinking that he has finally come down to his senses and rescued her from all the pain she is going through. She looked behind her to see who it was.

 

“Key..”

 

He approached her, his hands on his pockets. He moved his arm and looked at the watch on his wrist. “It’s late.”

 

“I’m sorry..” Soo Hee said.

 

“I told you stop seeing him. He’s not worth your time and your love.” Key scolded her.

 

“Just one last time..” She begged.

 

“How many times has he done you wrong?” Key raised his voice. “When will you ever learn?”

 

Then, from his office, Onew was about to go home. 

 

“I’m sorry Key..” Soo Hee said, tears flowing down her eyes. Key looked over the direction where Onew was standing frozen as he saw the two of them there. 

 

“Hug me.” Key whispered. At first she was surprised but obeyed Key’s order. Soo Hee’s face was on his chest, his arms around her. A smile on his face appeared as he saw Onew clench his fist. 

 

Onew threw the papers he was holding because of his rage and stormed away from there. Soo Hee realized he was standing there all alone and wanted to follow him. But Key grabbed her arm and looked at her, saying not to do what she’s thinking.

 

But she couldn’t just stop there. 

 

“Onew!” She shouted. “I love you!”