Hold My Hand

Love's First Game

 

Onew’s POV

 

After having a very embarrassing trip to the ladies’ undies section, I managed to buy Soo Hee what she needed. We changed and got ready, excitedly leaving our hotel room. As we were walking towards the elevator, I felt a strong urge to do something -- to hold her hand. 

 

But I didn’t want to surprise her or scare her by doing that. I dunno. She might think I’m too possessive. And besides, were not even in a real relationship so you get my point. 

 

“You don’t look like you want to be here.” She said, as we boarded the elevator. I pressed the button that said G.

 

“Oh sorry. I’m just thinking about something.” 

 

“Onew..” she said. “Please smile.”

 

I smiled. Not because she said so, but the thought of her wanting me to smile made me really happy. “We’re here.” I said as I heard a ring. 

 

She walked out of the elevator and I followed her. She stopped for a while, then reached out her hand. “Can you hold my hand?”

 

I went beside her and took her hand. Maybe she has read my mind.

 

.......

 

I can really say  that this day has turned out to be really eventful. Before we left the hotel, we had our breakfast and got our guide books to help us with the trip.

 

When the shuttle arrived, we boarded it and headed for the snorkeling site along with the other tourists. We changed into our suits and went underwater. 

 

Everything was so beautiful and full of life. The water was absolutely clear, giving us the best view of all the fishes and creatures there were. I just couldn’t say how lucky I was to witness everything. But what truly made me happy was the fact that I got to do all this with Soo Hee.

 

There were underwater photographers who documented marine life underwater. I asked them if they could take pictures of Soo Hee so she could forever remember this day. 

 

After visiting that snorkeling site, we went to a small island were locals were living and fishing harmoniously. Soo Hee and I walked hand in hand as we roamed around the village, meeting all the people and hearing their stories about how life is in Maldives. 

 

“Are you two having your honeymoon?” asked a local. Soo Hee quickly looked away as the awkwardness filled us both.

 

“No, no! We’re just visiting!” I told him.

 

“Too bad. You look good together. Maybe when you get married you’ll visit us again!” He replied.

 

This man really is talkative! “We’ll probably do that. Thank you!” I just agreed so there will be no more further discussions. “We’ll probably get going. Thank you for your time!” I said.

 

“Nice place!” Soo Hee said, sarcastically. I think she’s feeling really weird about what the man said. But I hope that’s just for now. Because I like the thought of her walking down the aisle as I wait for her on the altar.

 

Then we went to a handicraft shop, looking for things to buy for our parents. At first I thought it would be easy to buy them anything because everything was just so beautifully made. But that proved to be more of a problem. It took us even longer to buy something because Soo Hee looked at and examined every single piece they were selling. Girls, don’t they just love shopping!

 

After a whole day of swimming and roaming around, both of us were too exhausted to say or do anything. We decided to go back to our hotel room, rest for an hour or so, then eat dinner somewhere nice.. and romantic. (Hehe)

 

The shuttle fetched us from where we were. And as soon as we hopped in and found our seats, Soo Hee immediately fell asleep, with open.

 

I stared at her for a while and toot pictures of her while she’s sleeping. Then I pulled her closer, slowly so I won’t wake her up, and made her head rest on my shoulder as I hugged her. I brushed her hair and put it behind her ears.

 

I slowly traced her lips with my finger. I wanted to kiss it, but I couldn’t bend over enough because she might wake up. And I hope that by the next time I would kiss her, she’s already mine. 

 

And tonight, I’ll make her mine.

 

I peacefully closed my eyes and let myself sleep. 

 

But then, something made me wide awake again.

 

Tonight.. In the hotel... Just the two of us...