Dinner

Love's First Game

Onew's POV

Everyone's eyes were fixed on us. Their jaws almost dropped as we approach their table.

"Yah! She's your girlfriend?" Jonghyun asked in complete amazement.

"I can't believe it hyung!" His eyes widened as he saw Min Jee seat on the table with them.

"Onew you're....you're" Rina just can't find the right words to say.

"What? I can't have a girlfriend?" These guys are really surprised. But I can't blame them. Min Jee's really pretty. 

"Jonghyun, Taemin, Rina, this is Min Jee, my girlfriend. Min Jee, these are my friends." She waved at them and the others said hi. I sat down, surveying the place. But the face I was hoping to show up, didn't. 

"Where's...." 

"What was that hyung?" Taemin asked. But the waiter approached the table and asked us what we wanted to order. Everyone studied the menu and discussed what they wanted to order.

"Oppa...what do you want to order?" Min Jee leaned closer towards me and looked at me. But I wasn't paying attention. I thought this night would be fun but so far, it isn't. I looked at my watch and sighed.
 
She's not coming. Well there are probably other nights. 
 
Aiiissh. I like this night. I'm that impatient, you know.
 
"Hyung! Your order!" Jonghyun said, almost raising his voice.
 
"Ahh yeah. Sorry." I looked at the waiter. "I'll just have the usual." I handed him the menu I was holding and he left the table.
 
"Yah, Onew, why do you keep looking at your watch. Are you waiting for something?" Rina asked.
 
"Or someone!" Taemin interrupted. She looked at Jonghyun and Rina, and then he winked at me. But Min Jee didn't like what she heard.
 
"What's that supposed to mean?" She looked at Taemin and pouted. "Oppa!" She leaned even closer to me.
 
"I was just joking! I didn't mean to..." Taemin immediately retracted what he said, making that gesture with his hand meaning it's nothing.
 
"Oppa. Are we waiting for someone?" Her tone was kind of scary. She sounded like a detective wanting to know something fishy.
 
"Well, we are but..." Jonghyun replied.
 
"We are waiting for Soo Hee." Rina added. Min Jee squeezed her eyes and looked at me. 
 
"Who is she, Oppa?"
 
"She's..." they all looked at me, waiting for me to finish my sentence. "a friend."
 
"I guess she's not coming tonight." She said coldly,  as if she was wishing what she just said was true. 
 
"But she's here now!" Rina interrupted as she saw Soo Hee enter the restaurant.
 
"Hi everyone. I'm so sorry I'm late." She removed her jacket as she prepared to sit down. "I was at the bookstore with Minho and..." As she sat down in front of me, she saw me and Min Jee. Min Jee was observing how I would react at Soo Hee's arrival but when she realized Soo Hee was looking at us, she quickly hugged my arm.
 
Now, I am prepared to see Soo Hee's sad face. I was wrong. This night will be fun! Cry Soo Hee, cry!
 
"Oh hi there!" Soo Hee greeted Min Jee. "You must be Onew's girlfriend!" 
 
I was shocked at her reaction. Why is she so happy seeing Min Jee? I thought she was jealous! She was crying and angry when I told her I had a girlfriend and now, she's..... she's smiling!
 
No, she's just faking it. She doesn't want to show her feelings in front of these guys. Okay Soo Hee, let's make it a little exciting, shall we?
 
The waiter approached the table again to get Soo Hee's order.
 
"Do you have anything that is not chicken. I don't like chicken!" She laughed.
 
"Oppa likes chicken!" Min Jee interrupted.
 
"Well that probably is the reason why i don't like chickens. Because Onew likes it." She looked at me and laughed again. But this time, Jonghyun, Taemin and Rina laughed, too.
 
That is just insulting! How dare she say that!!
 
"That's a good one!" Jonghyun said, clapping his hands in laughter.
 
"I know right!" She said. "Is there anything else?" She asked the waiter.
 
"We have this..." The waiter pointed to the food they have on the menu. "And this..." 
 
"Okay then. I'll have this." She smiled at the waiter as he left the table.
 
"So Soo Hee.." Rina snapped. "You're saying you were with Minho a while ago. Is that right?"
 
I felt a jolting pain in my heart. Why is she even with him? I told her a million times how badly hurt she will get when she falls in love and now she's back with that guy. Come on! That is bull.
 
"Uhh.. yeah." She said shyly, looking down. I've never seen her blush like that before. What is wrong here? It was supposed to be my night. This was supposed to be the part where she's walking out already because of a broken heart. 
 
"Tell us about it, will you?" Jonghyun said, looking curious. 
 
"Guys! Let's just celebrate Onew and Min Jee's relationship!" She smiled, diverting the topic. She looks so happy and cool about everything, clearly the opposite of what I was hoping for.
 
Aiissh. Everything is so wrong!!
 
"Oppa! Why are you frowning?" Min Jee whispered to me. Shoot. I think my emotions are already showing. I don't like this. I really don't like this What has happened?
 
I kissed Min Jee on the forehead when Soo Hee was looking. But instead of looking away or being sad, she faced us. "I'm really happy for you Onew." She smiled genuinely. She really seemed happy about us. That is just so wrong.
 
When the food arrived, all of them started eating and chatting like crazy, ignoring me and Min Jee. I observed Soo Hee. She really is happy and simply indifferent about me and Min Jee. She really doesn't care about us. 
 
I don't know what to say now. I hate to admit it but I'm today's loser.