Too Good To Be True

Love's First Game

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

It pains me to know we have to leave Maldives already. But waking up next to Onew is just a wonderful thing. I cannot complain.

 

“Good morning beautiful.” I heard him whisper in my ear. I put my face close to his neck, smelling him.

 

“Can we just stay here forever? I don’t want to leave.” I asked.

 

“We can. But we have to leave so we can ‘come back’ for our honeymoon.” 

 

“Why do you always bring that up?”

 

“Because I’m looking forward to it!”

 

“What?” I looked at him.

 

“You heard me. And I know you are, too!” He moved his face close to mine.

 

“Shut up.” I said, smiling.

 

“So today we leave huh.” He looked disappointed.

 

“Yeah. .”

 

“But at least I can tell everyone that we are officially together now.”

 

Oh that. 

 

At first it sounded good to actually have someone brag about us, especially if it is Onew. But then I thought about what other people would be saying. 

 

I thought about Minho. I know he’s probably happily married now but what if the news reaches him. Maybe he would be upset. I dunno. I just think he might be.

 

And Key. Oh my god. What will I do?...

 

......

 

After packing our things and checking out of the hotel, we went to the airport and did all the checks we had to do. We boarded the plane and after a few hours, arrived home. 

 

It was already 5 in the afternoon when we arrived. Both our parents were there to fetch us because Onew wanted to personally tell them about us. We ate somewhere fancy, talked about our trip, and then told them that we are already together.

 

They were so happy about the news that all the thought about was having grandkids already. It was so embarrassing and funny at the same time to have to discuss that but deep inside, I felt a sense of longing for a baby. Maybe it is hormones. Or maybe I’m just so happy about this whole thing.

 

But somehow I feel uncomfortable about this whole thing. Not that I’m not trusting Onew or anything but has he really changed? Why all of a sudden? I mean, he was never like this.

 

I love him though. And I just have to trust him..

 

.....

 

When I got home, I rested for a while and then checked my school things. I’m still a student so I have obligations, no matter how much I might hate it. There is so much catching up to do since I missed school for the trip.

 

Onew called me up just after a few minutes into my homework. He told me that the school’s student council president is throwing a birthday party tonight. And he’s coming. I didn’t want to go since I don’t like since crazy es throwing themselves to boys.

 

He told me he didn’t want to come without me and that made me feel a little guilty since those two are really good friends. So I agreed. He promised it will only be a few minutes.

After an hour, he fetched me and we went to his friend’s house. He held my hand as we walked inside and everybody was shocked to see us together. I asked him if we could just sit in a corner so people would stop starring at us. 

 

“Let’s go talk to him.” He said.

 

“I don’t personally know him so I don’t think that’s such a good idea..” I hesitated.

 

“I’ll introduce you to him. Come.”

 

“Uhm.. I’ll just stay here. Okay?” I said.

 

“Okay. If that’s what you want. I’ll be there in case you change your mind.” He pointed to the room he was heading.

 

I sat there and waited for a few minutes. I wondered what’s taking him so long. I mean, there has to be plenty of guests here, the celebrant wouldn’t want to spend so much time on just one. I waited a little more but I felt really awkward sitting by myself while everybody is having fun.

 

So I decided to follow Onew and see what he’s doing. On my way to the room, I caught a glimpse of the celebrant and the other side of the house. But I didn’t see Onew leave the place he said he’s in. 

 

As I entered, I heard voices. Although the music was too loud, I heard two people fighting over something, shouting and swearing like crazy.

 

I listened intently to what they are fighting over.

 

“STOP PLAYING WITH HER! DON’T TRY BEING NICE, SHOWING PEOPLE YOU’VE CHANGED WHEN CLEARLY YOU HAVEN’T!”

 

I looked inside. It was Key.

 

“WE ARE TOGETHER NOW! AND THERE IS NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!”

 

It was Onew. Key saw looking at the two of them.

 

“YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU LOVE HER. YOU PITY HER AFTER LOSING MINHO. AND YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR CHARITY!”

 

“WHAT? WHAT IS IT TO YOU ANY WAY? WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE IF I PITY HER?”

 

“Is it true?” I said. Key and Onew looked at me. Onew was surprised to see me standing there. “Is it true that you pity me?”

 

“I...did you hear ...” Onew walked towards me.

 

“ANSWER ME!” I shouted. “You did this for.. CHARITY? BECAUSE YOU PITIED ME?”

 

“Soo Hee.. I didn’t mean to..” He tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

 

“You didn’t mean to what? Pity me after losing everything? So this is what it’s all about. Pity, making yourself look like you’ve changed...”

 

“No.. It’s not about that... I... I”

 

“Don’t explain yourself anymore. I’m so sick of you playing games on me! I thought what we had was real! And now.. It’s not even 24 hours since that happened!”

 

“Soo Hee please... Just hear me out..”

 

“No.. Just leave okay? No wait. I’ll leave.”

 

“Soo Hee!” Key shouted. He ran towards me, grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the house. Onew followed us, shouting and pleading, saying I’m sorry and whatever that is he said. Key lead me to his car and pushed Onew away. 

 

“Don’t you dare come near her again. I’ll punch you in the face if you do!” He said.

 

Then we left.

 

“Pretty amusing. Now, you can cry.” He said, while driving me home.