Peace

Love's First Game

Author's Note: 

Hi guys :) I hope you don't hate me for this chapter. I know this will be sad but I have to write this. Please don't hate me for this okay?

----

 

 

Soo Hee’s POV

Key is at our doorstep, waiting. I went down to ask him to come in. 

“Minho’s back.”

I looked outside, then there he is, waving from the car window, smiling at me. Minho is really here!

I ran towards his car, ignoring Key, ignoring everything. Minho, my Minho is back.

He got out of the car and stood there smiling. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. His scent, his arms, his body, our kiss, everything came rushing back in. “Why did you leave me?” 

I found myself hitting his chest while he hugged me tightly. “Why!” I felt a strong sadness sweep through my heart, a feeling of loss, a feeling of helplessness that was not removed by his return. My heart has been broken. And now, even he himself cannot mend it.

“Get in the car Soo Hee.” Key suggested. “I’ll drive.”

“Let’s go!” Minho helped me get in the back seat. He went in after me. Key started driving.

 

We arrived at a park not far away from our house. I was hugging Minho all the way to that place and when we arrived, I didn’t want to get out of the car or even leave him. But he said he wanted to talk.

“I’ll leave you two now okay? Call me if need me.” Key said. He got out of the car and walked away from us. 

Immediately, I got up my seat and sat on his lap. I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him on the lips. 

But he pushed me away, gently. “No.”

I looked at him, surprised, asking for an answer.

“I’m married already.”

WHAT? NO WAY. NO FREAKING WAY!

“That’s why I left.”

“No.. No..”I hugged him tightly. “Please tell me you’re joking.”

“I am. I really am.” He brushed my hair and kissed my head.

“But why?”

“I know I didn’t tell you right away. It’s my fault. But we were still sorting out everything that time so I didn’t know what to do. I hated it, Soo Hee. I didn’t want to marry another person other than you.”

“Then why? Tell me?” When I told you my heart was broken, I guess I was lying then. Because this is the real instance in which my heart is like a glass shattered on the floor. I was shaking in utter madness. With every word, I am stabbed and killed.

“My grandfather wanted me to marry his friend’s grand daughter. And because he is almost dying, I want to make him happy. At first I rejected, telling him I have a girlfriend whom I really love. But he got so mad that it almost killed him. So I had to do what he wants.”

“Minho.. I love you so so so much. You don’t know how much I’ve been through. You see my arms, my face, I got through this because I was looking forward to this day, that you would come back!”

“I love you too Soo Hee.”

“Please be mine again.” I said, now crying. I leaned closer to his face, trying to kiss him again. But he denied me.

“I can’t. You know that.”

“What will happen to me now? You can’t leave me like this..”

“That is why Key is here.”

“But I want you.”

“He promised me that he’ll make you happy.” 

I sighed. Now, I feel like everything is over. Us, over. And what I really can’t take is he’s hugging and kissing another girl, even calling her his wife. That should be me! That could have been me!

Then I realized I was being too selfish. He did this because he was a caring and obedient grandson. And I know it was harder for him to decide than it was for me to take this. 

This was the greatest expression of our love. Even though we cannot be together anymore, he went back and told me everything about it. And somehow, I felt a little lighter.

“Is she pretty? Does she treat you well?”

He smiled. “Of course, you’re still and forever the prettiest girl for me. You know what Soo Hee, she’s blind.”

I felt a little awkward. At first, I was angry at the girl for taking away Minho from me. But when he said she was blind, I felt sorry for her. I felt that this is the best situation that could happen. Minho is the sweetest most caring person I’ve met. And knowing that, she would be well taken care of.

“Minho..”

“Hmm?”

“I’m proud of you of, what you did. That was so brave and generous of you. I’m sorry for being selfish and only thinking about myself. I hope she treats you well.”

“Well, she does. Although it will take time for her to adjust, I really think she will be a good wife.”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

“Anything.”

“Please love her like you loved me. Take care of her like you did to me.”

“I will. Don’t worry.”

 

---

That same day, we came to meet Minho’s wife. She told me she hated the fact that we two have to split up for their marriage. She didn’t want to hurt me but both of them had to do this.

I looked at her. She was so delicate and pretty. I smiled at myself, knowing that most of the pain has gone away. I know this is not a good ending for a love that started out so well and so beautiful. But I believe this is a good ending in itself.

I looked at her and I saw Minho being happy with her. I felt confident that although she was blind, she would take care of Minho more that I could. She did chores better than I could. And she can love with all her heart without even judging a persons physical appearance.

I looked at her and I felt peace.

Goodbye Minho..

 

 

 

--

Okay, I'm crying now. I'll miss Minho too. T_________________T Sorry guys! But I promise, things will get sweeter in the next chapters :) PROMISE!