Excuses

Love's First Game

Soo Hee's POV

I was feeling pretty pressured now that there's only 30 minutes till the end of classes. I was staring nervously at the clock in front of the clock, thinking, wishing and believing that it would stop or go back.

So I decided to spend the remaining time thinking of an excuse for Minho to not come with me today. Perhaps I should just say I have LBM or PMS or whatever. Yeah, I guess that's the best excuse then, LBM!

But if I tell him that, it would be really embarrassing for me to face him again. He might tell might classmates and they would make fun of me! So that's probably not a good idea.

I should think another excuse so I could go with Onew...

Oh yeah! Onew is my friend. He won't get mad if I go out with Minho today. I'd just explain it to him later on and it would be totally cool with him! 

"Yah! Are we going?" I heard Minho calling me. The bell rang already.

"Oh yeah. Can you give me a few minutes? I need to talk to someone." I said, putting my things inside my bag.

"Well, I guess, yes. I'll meet you at the soccer field later. I'll wait there okay?"

I said yes and hurriedly looked for Onew.

 

I saw him standing at the end of the hallway talking to some of his school paper editors. He looks really angry.

"Soo Hee! Thank goodness you're here already! Wait, why are you panting?" He said when he saw me running towards him.

"I was looking for you every where!" I was practically short of breathe because I was running all over the school to find him.

"I guess we should go now. I'm not really having a good day so an ice cream would really help!" Onew looked really hopeful.

"About that..." I looked down. It made me sad to know that he was really looking forward to this and now I was choosing Minho over him.

"Is there a problem?"

"You remember Minho? That guy from my class?"

"Yeah, what about him?" He looked at me, confused and curious.

"Well we were supposed to..."

"Have a date?" He interrupted me before I could finish.

"No no! Definitely not!" I remembered our conversation at the Thai restaurant the other day. It was Onew who said that whoever would fall inlove first would lose. I don't want him think I'm having a date. Or that I'm falling in love with Minho.

"Then what?"

"Well..." Before I could think of an excuse, Onew's phone rang. He moved somewhere quiet and answered the phone. I looked at him the whole time and he really looked stressed and angry. 

I felt really bad about leaving him now. What kind of friend am I?

"Who was it?" I asked him when he was already approaching me.

"It's our adviser. He told me he needs the piled of papers, well they're really garbage of you ask me, he wants them all sorted out. So I guess I should stay a little more."  He sighed. He really looked sad and stressed. How I wish I could make all that bad things go away.

"You need help?" I offered.

"No need!" He turned his back and walk towards their office. "And besides, you have a date, don't you?" He sounded as if he was teasing me.

"It's not a date!" I ran towards him, making my way inside their office. I saw all the piles and boxes of paper that needs to be sorted out. That was just was terrible place!

"You know what, I could spend a few minutes here helping you do all this and I could get back at him later." I offered again, opening the boxes and started to sort the files.

"That would be better for me!" He smirked, opened some boxes and hummed some song. 

Minho can wait a few minutes. Besides, I'm here with Onew. I won't go anywhere else.