Too Much Food

Love's First Game

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

It was so weird of a day. I woke up very early in the morning because of a call. From Onew. He said his mother asked him to buy meat and veggies but he didn’t know how to do it, or at least what to do. He sounded really worried though. And I said I would help him.

 

I was about to hit the showers when I realized what I had just done. There’s nothing wrong really. It’s just that I’m doing him a favor and I didn’t even realize it.

 

I mean, how can he do that? How can his voice make me forget every single thing that has happened? It’s like magic, or any crappy thing you could call it.

 

But since I said yes already and I didn’t want him to think that I’m holding a grudge or something, I carried on. After an hour, he picked me up.

 

“You know I don’t like waking up early. It’s only 8!” I said, while he’s driving.

 

“Yeah. Sorry. But thank you for coming. I’d be lost without you!” 

 

“You’d be lost without me huh,” I whispered.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

We went to the supermarket. How elderly! Yeah. But I’m kidding. It just feels so weird that we are doing groceries together.

 

He grabbed a cart and pushed it. I walked beside him as we went inside.

 

“So what are we --I mean you. What are you supposed to buy?”

 

“I dunno. What do you want to eat?” He said.

 

“Dude, you told me you have to buy something. What is it?”

 

“Oh yeah. Uhm. My cousins are coming over today and I really don’t know what to buy. Maybe you could pick something you like and they’ll probably like that.”

 

“Uhm. Okay.”

 

We went over almost all the aisle looking for food to eat. He keeps putting as much food as he could on the cart whenever I said I like it. He keeps saying “they’ll probably like that too” so he gets as many packs as he can.

 

At first it was hard, being with him and not knowing how he feels about me. He seemed really tensed, probably because of the pressure of cooking for his family. But other than that, nothing. He doesn’t look me in the eye, doesn’t converse with me very much, he just kept grabbing and grabbing.

 

Well maybe, it’s time to move on already. Maybe we really are over. Maybe we are back to being just friends. Just ing friends. And friends help each other. Like today.

 

And then we went to the meat section. I was shocked to see him buy so much chicken legs he can. 

 

“Are you going to feed a whole country with that?”

 

“What? I could totally eat all of this!” He bragged.

 

Maybe. We are back to being friends again. Just friends..

 

After all the discussions and chicken parts, we paid up and loaded everything in the trunk of his car. He sent me home and thanked me for all the help.

 

“Soo Hee..”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Uhm before you go back inside, maybe we should have lunch or something. Since I’ve bought so much, maybe you could eat some at m house. So I could thank you at least.”

 

“Maybe next time. And good luck with your cooking.” I grabbed my bag and undid my seatbelt.

 

“Soo Hee. I don’t know how to cook.”

 

I laughed at him. “So this is why you want me to--”

 

“I wanted you to have lunch with me! And cook..”

 

“Well alright. Maybe I could help you with some cooking. But only when you feed me!”

 

.......

 

We went through a couple of cookbooks.. How to make really different sandwiches, how to bake cake and all those sweet things, pasta and all. Although we actually made a whole lot, the serving size didn’t really seem to be for a whole family. I wondered why but didn’t really asked him because I was too shy to. Maybe they didn’t eat too much.

 

He looks so different now that he’s cooking. With his apron on, he looks like he’s a father already, preparing food for his kids. I sat on the table while he chopped and sliced everything. I told him I could help but he said he had to do it all and I should just relax.

 

I accidently looked at the clock. Maybe because I was so busy laughing at him while he did everything that lunch time has already passed. But I didn’t feel hungry at all.

 

“And I’m done!” He said.

 

“Well congratulations on your not so failed attempt to cook!”

 

“You’re so mean! Now, I just have to put everything in the containers and we’re leaving.” He started tidying and put everything in place.

 

“What do you mean ‘we’?” I asked as I tried to help him. But he said no.

 

“We’re having a picnic at the park later. Just help me set up everything there. I still need you. Okay?”

 

“You still need me?” I whispered again.

 

“What?”

 

“But I’ve already helped you with everything and I haven’t eaten lunch yet!” I pouted.

 

“Well you can eat there!” he said. He was almost finished with what he was doing, only a few more things to do.

 

“No! I don’t want to.”

 

“Come one Soo Hee.. You’ve helped me do these things, why don’t you help me until it’s all finished?”

 

“Aish! Why can’t I say no!”

 

....

 

We went to a really beautiful park were they had lights hanging from the tree and you could really see how wonderful the night was. I couldn’t believe it took us whole day just to prepare food and now I feel like his really exhausted.

 

I helped him carry the bag with the food in it, with some candles and really nice looking table piece. I helped him set up the table and chairs but I realized one thing.

 

“Why are there only two chairs?” I asked.

 

“Soo Hee. I lied.”

 

“What?”

 

“I really didn’t cook for my family. They are not coming.” He said.

 

“So all of these are for--?”

 

“For you.”