Will You?

Love's First Game

 

Soo Hee’s POV

 

“Babe, wake up..” 

 

I opened my eyes and closed it immediately as the light hurt my eyes. “What did you just call me?”

 

“Babe! You know that movie? Babe..”

 

“Oh shut up! That’s a pig!” I got up and hit him with a pillow.

 

“Nope. A piglet!” He smiled.

 

“What’s the difference?”

 

“That’s.. cuter.” He bit his lip.

 

“Oh you!” I pinched his cheeks. “Wait, what time is it?”

 

“It’s 9 something. I’m hungry and we should eat dinner.”

 

“Wait. Last thing I remember, we were in the shuttle...”

 

“Yes, I carried you. While you were sleeping.” 

 

“That’s so sweet!”

 

“Well, actually no. The receptionists thought I kidnapped you or drugged you and I was trying to bring you in to my room..”

 

“I imagine the look on your face when that happened!”

 

“That isn’t particularly nice to remember. So let’s just get ready and eat somewhere nice.”

 

Since today was very tiring, taking a nap for more than an hour made me feel refreshed. I don’t exactly know if Onew slept but he seemed really energetic. Maybe he’s up to something. I don’t know.

 

So we went to this small open restaurant that looked like a bamboo hut. It was so open, just over looking the sea and the sky, and you cold feel the cold wind blowing through your face. The place was very lowly lit, just candle light and some lamp post. Some people were singing Male songs, some were dancing, others were kissing their faces off (mostly tourists).

 

Everything was so beautiful and right, just perfect for our last night in Maldives. We ate so much seafood and local food that our tummies could burst any moment. 

 

“I can’t believe we wasted one day and one night, just going after each other!” I told him.

 

“Like the man said, we could always comeback... on our honeymoon.” He brushed his hair, trying his hardest not to smile because of his comment.

 

“Yah! You go on a honeymoon after you are married! We are not even coupl---”

 

“About that..” He took something out of his jacket. It looked like a small booklet. And then he handed it to me.

 

I took it. It said, “Soo Hee’s Trip to Maldives”

 

“I made that while you were sleeping. I had to make sure you really were so I could make that..”

 

It was a scrap book, full of my pictures during the whole day.

 

“As you can see, it only contains your photos.” He handed me a marker. “I am going to ask you one question. And you’ll use that marker to answer it.”

 

“If you answer no, you’ll have that scrapbook by yourself and only yourself. If you answer yes, you’ll write my name beside yours, and starting now, we’ll be putting our pictures together.”

 

“Soo Hee, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

At that very moment, I felt like my heart was like an engine, abandoned for years. And now, someone has put in the key and kicked it alive again.

 

I wrote his name beside mine.

 

“I guess you know that answer already.” I gave him the pen and the scrapbook. He got up and sat beside me.

 

“Please say it. Please. I want to hear it.” he said, while holding my hand to his heart. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Yes. I will.”

 

And before I knew it, he stood up and started shouting. “SHE SAID YES, SHE SAID YES!” Everyone looked in our direction and some of them even clapped their hands.

 

“Are you getting married?” asked an old lady. I then pulled his clothes so he would sit down.

 

“Oh no, we’re too young for that.” He said in a whisper as he sat down, embarrassed. 

 

“You shouldn’t have done that!” I told him. “What were you thinking?”

 

“What am I supposed to do? Contain my happiness when the girl I love just said yes?”

 

“So you’re really that happy?”

 

He laughed. “Isn’t it obvious?”

 

“Well you know, last time I checked my memory, you said a lot of horrible things to me, even slapped me!”

 

“This is not the right time to bring that up.”

“Yeah I know. That’s why I brought that up” I teased. “So are you going to call me Babe now?” I hugged him.

 

“I mean, Babe. Not the movie Babe.” I added.

 

“I’ll call you mine.” He kissed my forehead.

 

“Let’s go home now. It’s getting really late.” I proposed.

 

“Are you saying that because you want to have me by yourself?”

 

“I’d like to have you by myself, yes. But I really want to go back.”

 

After much discussion, he agreed to already go back to our hotel room. Yeah I know this is such a great night to just go home and waste away but like he said, I want to have him by myself. Tonight.

 

We changed into our sleeping clothes, ordered a glass of wine and sat on the bed, hugging each other.

 

“You haven’t told me that one thing yet.” It is true, isn’t it. He hasn’t told me he loves me.

 

But he didn’t say anything. He took my wine glass and out it on the table, together with his. He hugged me with one arm and touched my face with the other. 

 

“This is the hardest thing in the world. To swallow your pride and admit that I’m losing this game.”

 

“Oh no, not that again.”

 

“I love you. Like I told you before, I’ll do everything to make it up to you. To have you. And now that we are starting a new chapter, let’s forget everything that has happened in the past. I know I’ve been such a jerk but I’ll treat everyday as a challenge, to win your heart over. Everyday.”

 

“I won’t forget a single memory, as long as you are in it. Good or bad, doesn’t matter. What matters is now.”

 

“And forever. With you. I love you, Soo Hee.”

 

I pulled his shirt so he’d be closer to me. “I love you too.”

 

And then he kissed me. He grabbed my face and pulled me in, kissing me sweetly. 

 

“Onew..” I whispered between his lips. I looked at him and his eyes were closed, his eyebrows were cringed, his face showing too much emotion. And I too, closed my eyes. 

 

But he slightly pushed me away. “Before I do something.. and cannot control myself.. I’ll put you to sleep. We still have half a day tomorrow to enjoy our stay. Better be early.”

 

We laid in bed, with the purest sense of the word, and hugged each other as we sleep. 

 

And then, he sang a lullaby for me.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

You are probably shocked by the news that came today. So I wanted to make this chapter as sweet as I can for you guys. God, I don't know why I'm so affected. But yeah. Jong < / 3 Key