Necklace

Love's First Game

Soo Hee's POV

My classmates have been acting pretty odd today, even Minho. They would ignore me. They won't look at me straight in the eye or they would just look some other way. I don't know what's happening so I went to the comfort room to see if I have something on my face. I smelled myself but all I can smell was my perfume. And I showered this morning!

There was this one time when I didn't hear what my teacher said so I asked my seatmate and she simply ignored me! What is happening here?

I waited for the bell to signal the end of classes because I was so worried that I did something or or said something that made these people angry. I also wanted to talk to Minho and ask him why is everybody acting strange. But when the bell rang, everybody quickly run outside the room, even Minho left immediately. I was left there fixing my things and putting everything inside the bag.

"Great day!" I said, sarcastically, as I sighed. I made my way towards the door, dragging myself lazy outside the room.

But when I opened the door, I saw all my classmates lined up outside our room. Their hands were behind them, hiding something. And when I got out of the room, they formed a circle around me. 

Oh god, they are gonna hit me!

I got scared, really scared, since they've been acting really weird today. But before I could think about dying or getting my kicked, someone came forward and joined me in the center.

He kneeled with one knee and he reached for my hand. Then my classmates showed what they were hiding - flowers!

"Soo Hee,"said Minho, looking up to me. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Everybody shouted, clapping their hands, teasing us, making sounds that seemed like I was in a romantic movie. I told you before, I don't know what is romantic and not but the feeling that this surprise has given me made me feel like a special person. I feel like I am that important. I feeli like I am loved.

Everybody looked really happy and excited. And their sound attracted even more people from other classes. It was so embarrassing at first but as I have said, I feel so much love.

My classmates one by one gave their flowers to Minho and he collected it. Then, someone also came forward with a very big teddy bear, only slightly smaller than I was. My eyes widened in amazement and excitement as I saw every thing.

They listened and observed closely as Minho offered the flowers to me. He looked really anxious and scared but at the same time, he looked happy.

I extended my arms as I accepted the flowers. "Yes." I said.

Everybody cheered and shouted and they threw confetti all over us. It was such a sweet moment for me. And I never imagined anything like this would happen to me. Everybody started cheering louder when Minho teared up and moved closer to me. I hugged him and told him how silly he looked, crying.

He smiled, wiped his tears and said thank you to everyone who helped him with his plan. Everybody clapped their hands and wished us the best. It was like we were getting married or something.

He held my hand as we said goodbye to everyone and walked towards the top floor of the building.

It was the best view I have seen. From there, you could see most of the buildings and establishment. And the best thing was, you could see the sunset.

"You don't know how happy I was when you said yes." He rested his body on the railings overlooking the whole school.

"It is not only you whose is happy here. I am, too!" I said gladly.

He got something from his pocket. I was a box. He opened it and took this beautiful necklace. He pulled me closer to him, went behind me and asked me to pull up my hair. Then he put the necklace on me.

"Oh Minho, it's so beautiful!" I said as I look at the necklace I was wearing.

"I wish you would wear it everytime so you would always think of me."

"I will. I will." I assured him. 

He caressed my cheek and stared at me for a second. Then he pulled me closer and hugged me as we watch the sun set before our eyes.