Tomorrow

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

 yehet! an update for today! wohoah! hahaha... midterms finished so I guess I can update more often now. I hope so. please leave some comments and vote for this storry if you like it. thank you very much for the new subscribers. i love you all! <3

- baeqchan


T O M O R R O W

 

Jongin stretched out on top of the bed in the shades of the sunlight. I can see a bit of curiosity in his eyes when I come in, it’s clear he feels strange. I put cool cloths on his head, but they warm up as soon as they touch his skin.

“How are you feeling?” I ask.

“I feel weird.” He said while rubbing his eyes.

“Do you need anything?” I ask and sat beside him.

“No,” he says. “Thank you. Wait, yes. Tell me a story.”

“A story? What about?” I say. Oh geez. I’m really not into story telling because I’m not good at it and it’s just like I am singing. Crap.

“Something happy. Tell me the happiest day you can remember,”

Something between a sigh and a huff of exasperation leaves my mouth. A happy story? This will require a lot of effort. I tried to shake my head for good memories I have.

“Did I ever tell about how I met Lulu?” I ask. Jongin shakes his head, he looks at me expectantly. “It’s not the happiest day but I was happy that time.” So I begin.

“Who is Lulu?”

“Lulu is the boy who took the picture of us!” Just the day before I remembered the name of the boy who took the picture that I am keeping for my whole life.

Here’s the real story of how I met Lulu.  It was a Thursday evening, the day before I introduced you to him. As soon as school ended, my mom and I went to the park, because I wanted to play. Maybe a slide or a swing will do. But the playground was full of kids at my age playing, so there is no possibility that I can still play. I was disappointed as we headed back, even though mom said we’d be sure to do better tomorrow. We were resting a moment by the bench when we saw him. A young boy, probably older than me and his size was big and he’s alone playing with his balloon ball. Everybody was busy playing with the slides and swings but here he is playing alone.

 I run towards him and ignore my mom calling my name. I got interested to him so I approached him without any second thoughts. He’s in the sand sitting along with his ball. I gave him a smile indicating that I want to play with him which he soon understands. We waited until the kids left the swing and the slides to take over and we enjoyed playing until it’s almost very late.

“I wonder where he is now.” I say.

“Are you trying to make me jealous?” he said and frown.

“What? Aish. I don’t think your fever went down.” I left him and release some chuckles.

We decided to leave since it’s already morning and it’s safe to drive to my grandmother’s place. We decided to take the elevator because Jongin doesn’t feel that well. After a minute the elevator sounded letting us know that we’re in the ground floor. The door slowly opening and the media and the flashes of their cameras greeted us. I froze for a second. !

“Close the door!” Jongin said, I immediately tap the close button. He come closer to me and held my cheeks. He slightly removed my cap and held my cheeks.

“What the hell was that all about? I thought no one knows we’re here?” I scowl to myself.

“Don’t worry. It’s okay.” He says and smiles at me. Oh my god! How can he be like this in a moment like this? He put my cap back and took my hands.

Outside, several reporters were walking over. Most of the people were placing a call on their cellphones. We’re on the 6th floor of this building and we can see everything that’s happening outside. We decided to take the fire exit for a possible escape. And it works no one was there but the problem is we don’t have the car.

“We don’t have a choice. I need to go to go back there, stay here.” Jongin suggested.

“No! You’re not leaving me!” I told him.

“It’s okay. I’ll come back.”

“No.” I don’t agree with him. “Aish. Stay behind my back and cover your face.”

“What about you?” He held both of my cheeks and made me look on to his eyes.

“I’m used to it for a year now. So why bother? Just make sure you’ll hide your face, okay?” He said sincerely and I nod to him as a response.

We slowly walked behind the bulky of reporters at the entrance, trying not to be noticed but unfortunately someone saw Jongin and signaled everybody and their attention got diverted to us. And in just a second we’ve been surrounded by these people.

“Mr. kim, are you in a relationship?

“Is she the girl you’ve been dating?”

“Who is she? What is her name?”

“Bro!”

A familiar voice got us all. I turned my head to where that sound came from and saw all the EXO members. They were all casually standing behind us. Oh my god. They really look like shimmering shiny human beings. “Chanyeol?” I whispered to myself.

“EXO!” They all exclaimed. Now, everybody’s attentions were diverted to EXO and headed towards them. Woah! That was close. Thanks to them, the commotion we’ve been through a while ago disappeared in an instant because of their arrival. Amazing! I let a sigh of relief.

 “WAAAAAAAAAH~!”

EXO walk towards us one by one. I’m amazed how they’re talking to each other like there’s no one in here. They’re treating the reporters as if they were invisible. The place was full of flashes from the cameras. The place is very chaotic.

“How are you, guys, doing in here?” Chanyeol ask while escorting us to the car.

“We’ll not know that you two are here if it wasn’t because of the news.” Suho explained.

On our way to the car I saw each of the EXO members talking to every reporters they see. They’re being interviewed. But one thing made me worried. Where is he? Where is Luhan? I roam my eyes to the place and I can’t see even his shadows.

“Luhan hyung didn’t come because of a rumor.” I heard Chen told Kai.

“What was the rumor about?” Kai asks. We’re now inside the car. I sat beside the driver’s seat, while Chen and Chanyeol’s at the backseat.

“Those reporters been telling the people that Luhan’s engaged.” Chen says.

“WHAT?” I unexpectedly blurted that made the three of them looked at me. A sudden shiver took all over my body as if I was being electrified. Oh, no. What if the revelation of this will get revealed sooner? I don’t want everybody to get mad at Luhan because of this.

“What is wrong?” Jongin immediately asked me.

“No-nothing I was just shocked by the news.” I lied.

“You should start being used to it. That’s how the showbiz world works. Too much rumors and lies.” I got goose bumps to what Chanyeol told me.

We drove all the way to my grandmother’s house. Chen and Chanyeol rode with us, while the others rode with the different car. It means they’re coming with us. Aigoo... How am I going to react with this situation? My worries to Luhan didn’t vanish, so I decided to text him if he’s okay.

“Who are you texting?” Jongin suddenly ask me in the middle of his driving. I looked back and saw Chen and Chanyeol sleeping quietly.

“I asked Luhan if he’s okay.” I told him. As much as possible I want to be honest with him.

“Ahhh...”

“I thought he’s really okay. I’m just worried that he’s all alone left in there.” I murmur.

“Yeah, you’re right.” He answered.

After that conversation Jongin didn’t talk anymore. I tried to sleep but I can just shut my eyes and pretend to sleep anymore. I diverted myself on playing games but it doesn’t work. I release a big sigh and felt my phone vibrates. I took it out of my pocket and saw Luhan’s reply.

I’m okay. Are you okay in there too? I’m handling the situation right now so don’t worry.

I felt the guilt inside me. I’m so useless how Luhan’s the only one handling the situation that both of our fathers have made. Because of this I am now more eager to see my mother to clarify things.

“Hey, the culprit to your mother’s case will soon to be identify.” Chanyeol says.

“Oh you’re awake.” I mumbled. I took a glance on them with the mirror.

“Do you still hold that grudge against the culprit, Kai?” Chen asks which made me worried.

“I don’t know.” He thrifty answered.

We’ve walked miles away. Circling around in the high grass, it’s a relief to be doing something after sitting around all afternoon. As I walk I know I’m making my way closer to the house of my grandma and where my mother was staying. At the end of street I saw this tiny little house made of wood. It’s surrounded by plants. The waves of the sea can be heard. And the wind was strong ready to make everything fly.

“Mom.” I almost whispered after I saw here smiling at me. I instantly run towards her and hugged her tightly. The strands of her hair moved by the wind is beautiful.

“How are you? Who are these people?” She breaks from our hug and ask in agog.

“Mom, they’re EXO. I’m sure you know Jongin, Suho, Chanyeol, Kyungsoongie, Baekhyun and Sehun?”

“Aigoo... Really? Omo, they’re all grown up. We have so much to talk about.” My mom said in joy. “And the other boys?” She added.

“They’re the other members of EXO but Luhan didn’t come with us.” I replied.

“Oh, so EXO consist of twelve members?” My mom squealed in disbelief.

EXO made their way to house. Mom ordered them to relax for a bit and feel at home. Mom and I decided to stay outside for a moment to talk about things. I have so many questions that I need to ask here but it’s difficult to do so. “Where’s grandma?” I questioned.

“She went to the supermarket just now, so she might be here soon.”

Later, we decided to head inside and found some of the EXO members sleeping quietly at corner of the house, while others busy talking and taking selcas. Mother went to the kitchen to prepare some foods while waiting for my grandma to get home. I sat to the sofa next to Jongin who’s been quiet all the time.

“Are you mad at me?” I started.

“What made think of that?” He answered staring straightly to the walls.

“Thank you for giving me a chance to be with my mother.” I say and took his hands and squeezed them.

“Not a problem at all.” He smiled and that makes me feel better.