The Run

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

Hello! After a long wait here is the long update! I hope you'll like it. I'm so sorry if it took so long too many things happened to EXO and it's the start of our school too! ^^ Enjoy!

- baeqchan


T H E  R U N

 

“Hey...” I got back to my senses when I felt Yura’s hand on me. I tilt my head and saw her face really worried about me.

Yura and I went to the cafe to study for our math exam this week. It’s going to be our preliminary exam soon that is why we were studying really hard. I’m back to Yura’s coffee shop for my part time job since summer was already over I need to leave that resto and my friends Niel and L.Joe.

“What is it? I’m sorry, what are you saying again?” I startled knowing that I wasn’t listening to her.

“I said why you are always sad? I told you. They’ll forgive you soon. Okay? Please don’t get sad, you’re getting ugly.” I just bit my lip.

Yura found me on that abandoned building, unconscious. I woke up after two days sleeping on my bed. I got scared when I woke up on a hospital bed wearing a nebulizer. I panicked and tried to remove it but Yura was on time and tried to make me relax.

Flashback...

“Hyorin! Hyorin, clam down! It’s just a nebulizer, don’t worry!” Yura said and held my hands to stop me from taking that thing out from my face.

“Hyorin... you got lack out of air, you need it.” She continued.

“Why am I here?” I curiously asked.

“I found you in that abandoned building unconscious, so I immediately called an ambulance.” She explained.

“Hyorin, are you sick? Is there something I don’t know?” She holds my hand and squeezes it.

I don’t want to tell her anything because I don’t want her to worry. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone anymore. I believe that this is not forever. It’s just happening for now because I’m stressed. I’m good and I’m okay. I’m all good now.

“Ms. Shin?” The doctor arrived.

“What are you feeling?” She added and smiles at me.

“I—I don’t feel anything, doc. I’m all fine, nothing hurts.” I said and gave him a genuine smile of assurance.

“Are you sure? Please tell the truth, Hyorin. I don’t believe you.” Yura said from the other side.

“What is your friend telling? Are you suffering some kind of heart problems?”

“Wh—what? I—I don’t have heart problem, doc. Please let me go.”

“You’re not going anywhere, Hyorin.”

End of Flashback...

She keeps on asking me what happened that day that I don’t know either. But the scariest thing I don’t want to happen happened. My parents knew what happened, so anytime soon I know they’re going to appear in front of me. Freak! I really don’t want to see them, especially my dad.

It’s been two weeks had passed since that incident. I haven’t been in contact to any members of EXO. I just don’t like to greet them after what I did. I keep finding myself hiding from them whenever they’re around. I always run away from them. That’s the least I could do.

“Hey, let’s go to the Lotte Mall, my treat!” Yura said and immediately grabs my hand.

“What are you goi—”

“Shopping~  gonna buy you some  clothes.”

“I—I don’t need clothes, Yura.”

“Please?~” She puppy eyed me, so I don’t have a choice.

I found myself in a boutique. Yeah, Yura have been into every boutique but she can’t find any dress or clothes to buy. I got stammered when I heard EXO’s name being announced at the ground. ! Are they here? I decided to go outside and take a glance downstairs and they have a fan meet. My eyes got big.

I saw that it was already full of fans. All I need to do now is to leave this place as soon as possible. I went back to the boutique just to find out Yura wasn’t there anymore. AIsH!

“Excuse me? Did you see the girl I was with earlier?” I hurried asked the sales lady who was assisting her awhile ago.

“Your friend? The girl with the black hair? She just left. She got a phone call before leaving.” She explained. What? She left me here? AIgoo...

I don’t have any choice and I immediately hurriedly went outside to find her. I run to the stair case and search my phone in my bag and directly dialed her number. I waited for it to ring.

‘The number you have dialed is currently unavailable please call later.’ The girl on the other line said.

The number of people inside the mall is extremely innumerable. Some security guards in rush took my attention. I followed their tracks with my eyes. Somehow I got curious. I know it has something to do with Yura or EXO. I distinctly followed them and I think it was a very bad idea.

In the current situation I decided to change my mind. I’ll just wait for Yura in one of the cafes in this mall. I turned back and to my surprised I got dumbfounded as Jongin was in front of me. I tried to think that he didn’t saw me because I walk as fast I could not giving any concern to the people around me. I just don’t want to see him.

“Hyorin!” I got shocked when he called my name. !

I run as fast as I could but suddenly my chest started to be in pain again. UGH! Not now, please. Instead of running I stopped on my tracks in the middle of this place throng with people. I did a deep breath, in and out but it has no use at all. I searched for my inhaler in my bag when a girl in hurry accidentally shoved my bag away from me. I saw it flew away. WTH! Thank God I lost Jongin.

“Hyorin, please don’t run!” I heard once more from Jongin.

Everything became chaos, so unfortunately I had a hard time finding some air. Why is this occurring too often now? But I don’t have the time to think about it because I need to get out of here as soon as possible, because the more time I stay here the more complicated it is for me to breathe anymore.

With this throng of people, I tried to escape but my feet unluckily got swollen that causes me to fell on the ground.  I groaned in defeat. I don’t have any strength to stand up.

 In the middle of my struggle, I felt a hand that touches and squeezes both of my arms that made me wheezed and surprised at the same time. I looked at to that person and I don’t know but the surroundings somehow stops. Everything really stopped and it was just me and Jongin who’s moving, like in fairytales.

“Hyorin...” He cupped my face and slowly kneeled down so he has the same level as me now.

I got frozen.  I didn’t expect to see him in front of me. Is this Jongin? I realized that it’s been awhile since the last time our faces got this close. I thought I won’t see  him this close again. It’s been too long the last time he said my name too.

“Are you okay?” He asks in the middle of the commotion happening around us.

Jongin’s wearing his snapback and his red ‘Hood by Air’ hoodie. I’m sure he’s trying to hide himself away from the fans. Even though he is trying to hide his face it still glows brightly.

“What are you doing here? They’re going to see you.” I said ignoring his first question.

“That’s not important—come. Can you walk?” I got surprised when he offered his hands and I didn’t hesitate to grab it. I don’t want him to get caught by his obsess fans and got hurt because of my stubbornness.

“Let’s go.” He said and grabs my hand and placed it around his neck. He completely made me stand with my own knees.

We luckily escaped from the fans. Jongin let me sit on the stairs of this almost hidden alley. I look on to him and he removed his hoodie. I don’t know but it moves slowly. Removing his snapback and runs his hand on his hair in slow motion. Oh no!

“Hey!” I got back to my senses when he snaps on me.

“What?!” I blurted out.

“You’ve been staring at me the whole time and I’m getting confused.” He said letting some grin on his defined lips.

“What? Eww...  are you serious? I’m not staring at you! Why would I in the first place? You should seek for some help because your ego is getting high!” I said continuously while catching my breath.

How could he say that? We’re not in good terms. Tsk! Is this how he is when he’s around the girls? Seriously.

“Hey... It’s okay to be honest you know.” He said while running some eyes on the street.

“Tss...” I just rolled my eyes.

“Why are you talking to me anyway? You should not go near me what if EXO sees you?” I changed of topic.

“What? Why don’t you just thank me? After helping you out there you keep on saying nonsense.”

“You’re mad at me right? Jezzz…” I stood up and saw Jongin surprised. I decided to just go home.

“And where are you going?” He asks.

“I’m going home. Thanks for saving me.” I said and was about to walk when my chest hurts again. DAMN!

“Hey! Are you okay? What is wrong?”

I felt Jongin accompany me. I’m totally depending my body on him now. I don’t know but it hurts too much right now. I can’t hide it from him. I touched my chest to ease the pain.

“Di—did you see it?”

“The what? Seriously, what is happening to you?!” He panicked. He is panicking and I don’t like it.

“I need my in…haler please get it from my bag.” I tried to speak beside of the pain I was in to.

“What inhaler? Why? ! You have asthma? God!” He almost shouted because of his realization. I don’t have asthma, Jongin. I don’t even know.

He searched the place to realize that I wasn’t holding my bag. “Your bag isn’t here. ! Are you— I don’t know what to do!” He almost screams and run his hand on his hair.

“Stay here and don’t move. I’ll be right back.” He said and putting back his snapback and hoodie.

“Please… don’t go. You’ll just hurt yourself…” I tried to say that made him stop.

“Don’t find my inhaler anymore… I’m good now…” I tried to compose myself trying to look strong and don’t have pain.

“No—“ He didn’t finished what he said when I tried to held his hands. I too was shocked to my sudden approach.

“Please…” I said and tilt my head down.

I slowly removed my hands and tried to sit straight. Later on Jongin joined me and sat beside me. I can still hear the sounds of squealing and fangirling from the fans, shouting and calling every members name.

“What just happened right now… What was that?” Jongin started.

I don’t know what to tell him so I choose to just not say anything. Myself doesn’t know either what was happening. All I know is that all of these already happened before. I already experienced all of this pain before when I was still a kid. But I thought I’m already fine… I’m already okay.

“I’m asking you please tell me.” He transferred at my front with his right knee on the ground and tilts my face up using his finger. Oh my God!

“I—I don’t know…” I said trying to stop the tears lingering on my eyes.

“Why do you need an inhaler? Tell me, Hyorin, for god’s sake tell me!” He hid his face and I heard sobs? Jongin’s crying?!

“Hey… what are you—“

I wasn’t able to finish my sentence because he suddenly hugged me. Oh No! His body makes me warm. Being in his embrace makes me feel safe and better. I heard my heart beats faster again for I don’t know how many times. He’s hugging me tightly. I can hear his heart beat too! Can you hear my heart beat too, Jongin?

“Why are you crying? Please don’t cry… hey…” I tried to see his face but the wet part of my shoulder tells me that he is really crying but why?

“Jongin please stop.”

“I…I’m sorry, Hyorin, for everything, for hurting you, for being selfish.”

“You don’t have to apologize. You didn’t do anything. I did, so please. I’m the one who lied. I’m the one who left you guys. It’s all me. I’m sorry…”

I hugged him back. I hesitate to put my hands around his body at first because I’m not used to it, maybe?

“Let’s start again. Can we just continue what we had when we were young?” he asks. My heart is palpitating! Can you not?

“But— what about Chanyeol, Baekhyun? Kyungsoo—”

“I’ll talk to them. I know they will understand.” He faced me really close. I got shocked when I saw traces of his tears. I wiped it with my thumbs. He holds my hand and makes it stay on it.

“Are you sick? Do have something to tell me?” I don’t want to tell him anything but I was about to say when a voice caught our attention.

“KAI?!”

“IT’S KAI!”

We look who it was and we saw a girl holding her DSLR. A fan saw us! Damn! Jongin got panicked and took his hoddie.

“What are you doing? Are you trying to get caught? Put it back!” I scowl at him.

“You’re really stupid aren’t you? They already know it was me, so what’s the point of hiding myself? Ugh, Hyorin just put it on, hurry!” He just put the hoodie on me and I just pout. Tss. I’m not that stupid!

“They’re taking some photos! Let’s go!”

Jongin immediately grabs my hand and run. I can see that he’s running as fast as he can because I almost tripped many times. “Jong—” I almost stopped and he also did stopped.

“What? Aish!” I heard from him.

I was panting really hard and I placed my hands on my knees, hardly catching some air. Jezz… I’m not allowed to run too? “I’m sorry. Aish. Come, hurry!”

I slowly tilt my head to see him and he’s kneeled while his back is facing me. “W—what are you doing?”

“Kai!”

“I love you, oppa!”

“Hurry, they’re coming!” He scowls at me. So I don’t have any choice but to ride on at his back. Holy cow a piggy ride with Kim Jongin!

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Thanks! ^^