The Quiz Ball

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

Dedicated to: Stephanie G. :-)) Heheheheh

OMooooo THAnk YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! THANK YOUR FOR LIKING MY STORY HAHAHA OTL... Here's the late update huhuhuhu I'm trying my best to update but i'm busy otL . don't cha worry vacation is coming so expect for more update hehaaa :-----))) ... ENJOY READING XD This chapter is lame idek XD I'M HAVING LAST SONG SYNDROME TO B1A4's LONELY!!! I'VE BEEN PLAYING THE SONG FOR ALMOST AN HOUR NOW. TT.TT <3 

BABY I JUST WANNA SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOU~~~ WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

-baeqchan


 

T H E  Q U I Z  B A L L

 

"Kai oppa!" Fangirl number one said.

"KIM JONGIN, I LOVE YOU!" Fangirl number two screamed.

"AHHHHHHHHHH! KAI IS SO HANDSOME!" Fangirl number three shouted.

"Fighting, oppa!" Another fangirl said.

 

These are the only words and phrases I heard as we, the contestants in the quiz ball entered the atrium. The quiz ball wasn't held in our school but in ____________ and I was not informed about it. We took the school bus and it was really awkward since only Jongin and I were inside the bus while the faculty and the teachers rode in different bus. Just imagine a big school bus with only two people inside, a driver who is silent the whole time. Actually both them were silent.

 

I was quite happy because Jongin talked to me these past few days during our study time for our upcoming quiz ball. Somehow our group study went well, thank god. I still curse him for being an the whole time.

 

"Attention for awhile, everyone! There will be a party after the quiz. Please be guided." I heard the usher said.

"Party?" I blurted. Damn I didn't bring anything with me other than a ballpen.

"Ms. Shin!" I saw Mrs. Kwon running towards me.

"Mrs. Kwon!"

"Oh. I'm glad I saw you. Hello Mr. Kim." Yeah, Jongin was beside me all the time but I feel he doesn't exist because he's too silent and following me like a ghost.

"Why? What is it, Mrs. Kwon?"

"I'm sorry to inform you but we can't go back to Seoul at the moment so we will be staying here and probably we'll be back tomorrow." She said. Her shocking information made both Jongin and I screamed.

"WHAT?" Jongin and I shouted, enough to caught everyone’s attention. I glanced at Jongin and we have the same expression.

"Mrs. Kwon? What happened?"

"The rain became hard and it was said to be a typhoon." I know it was raining nonstop since yesterday morning but I didn't know it was this serious.

"But I didn't bring----"

"Ms. Shin, we'll talk about it later, okay? Focus on your quiz ball. I'll be going, see you around."

"Hyorin." I turned my head to Jongin.

"What did you just call me?" I asked him nervously.

"Hyorin. That's what your name is, right?" He said. I gulp. Does he know the truth?

"W---hat?"

"Nevermind. I'm just messing up with you." He said and by passed at me. Wtf just happened?

 

The quiz ball is about to start in less than thirty minutes. I don't think I can win this competition. I was preoccupied by what Jongin just called me in the hallway a while ago. I don't understand but there is something. He knows something.

 

"Hey." Someone I don't know poked my head. I'm guessing she's one of the contestants.

"Hi!" I greeted back. She has a pale face.

"You're from school of performing arts?" She slowly asked.

"Yeah." I said and nod.

"I'm Yumi." I was shocked but I didn't let her see it.

"Oh. I'm Hyorin."

"You look so lovely and alive."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm sorry to say this... nevermind haha." She murmurs hesitantly. Trying to think if she'll say it or not.

"What is it? Is there something wrong?" I asked her because I got curious.

"My... Well, my mom is expecting me to win this competition."

"Oh."

"She's suffering from a cancer. I shouldn't be telling you this, sorry." She said and tilts her head on the other direction. I got worried.

"It's okay though." I said and held her hands.

"I don't know either. I just want to let it out. I need someone to talk to."

"Oh. Sorry." I feel really sorry for her. I don't want to win this game anymore.

"I don't know if I can even win this competition." She added.

"I'm sure you can."

"I don't want to disappoint my mother. Please help me."

"I know you can do it." I added.

"No, I can't win this. I'm not smart enough to win this round. I'm such a disgrace to my family."

"No, don't say that. We're all smart let's just do our best."

"Thank you for listening."

"No problem."

"Let's do well on the quiz ball." She smiled as assurance. I smiled back.

"Yeah, sure."

 

"OKAY! WELCOME TO THE 27TH UNIVERSITY QUIZZ BALL!" I got back to reality when the mc started talking.

"EACH MEMBER MUST HAVE ATLEAST TWO CORRECT ANSWERS. THE LOOSING TEAM WILL GO HOME AS LOOSERS. JOKING!" The mc continues.

"WELL, THE FIRST THREE PAIRS TO ANSWER IN THIS ROUND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHOSEN AS THE WINNERS." The mc said.

"The prizes will be announced later."

 

We sat on our designated chairs, Jongin on my right side and the girl Yumi was sitting in my left she's nice but I don't want to be friends with her right now because she's my rival for now. I'll make friends with her after this competition.

 

"Can you not show her our answers?" Jongin scowls at me. It's already our third time failing. We're now on our break.

"But, I'm just helping her."

"You don't know her yet."

"I know her that is why I'm helping."

"Are you even sure her mother has a cancer?"

"Yeah, I believe she has. Look at her, look at her face."

"You know what? You're so dumb not to realize she’s been playing on you."

"How can you say that?"

"She's lying to you, for them to win this quiz ball!" He said and his hair.

"Don't shout she might hear you." I gave him a frown.

"Let her hear me." I gulp as he moved his face with an inch away from my face.

"Why are you nagging at me? I'm just trying to help her."  I calmly said even though I'm already nervous.

"You shouldn't be helping people if you basically don't know them."

"Her mother is sick."

"Whatever." He said in defeat. He turned around and walked away from me.

 

We went back to our assigned area after the thirty minutes break the mc gave us. This jerk beside me wasn't talking to me after our small argumentation in the hall way awhile ago. What am I going to do with you Kim Jongin?

 

I noticed the staffs in their worried faces. Is there something wrong? I asked in myself. I was tempted to ask Jongin but I know he'll just ignore me.

 

"Students?" The mc called our attention that made all of the contestants pay their attention to her.

"I'm sad to say we have technical difficulties right now. You can wander around if you like and be back later. We'll announce further information, please be guided." The mc said.

 

"Hey, where are we going?" I asked because maybe he has a plan. Because he's a good boy he just stood up and left me dumbfounded. Jerk.

 

I was wandering around. I don't even know where to go. I just let my feet dragged me to where it wants to be. I was amaze by the paintings that was placed in the wall. Until a loud scream and shout that I heard in the next hall way caught my attention. I got myself curious because maybe someone needs my help.

 

"Mom! I'm doing this for you!"

"We need to win!"

"I can do this. I can prove to you that I can win. Damn it!"

"I told you I'll win this for your !" I gasp to her last words.

 

I made a glanced to the person behind this thick bricks. I was surprised to the person I saw. It's Yumi. Is it possible she's talking to her mother? I didn't know she can talk like that to her mother incase my guess is true. She just told me that her mother suffers cancer. Was Jongin right?

 

"Hi,Yumi!" I greeted her happily like I never heard anything she said awhile ago. The innocent pale Yumi I met before had changed. She's covered with black aura, I gasp. What is wrong? Did I do something? I can't be friends with her. Huhu.

"You! Damn you, Hyorin!" She pointed a finger  and started shouting at me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You flirty piece of ! You'll pay for this!"

"I don't understand. What are you so mad about?" I asked. I'm breathing rapidly.

"You being with Jongin. You as the smartest of all. How can you have all of these? You're ugly, though. Haha... and stupid." She let an evil laugh. She really transformed into beast.

 

I found myself underneath Yumi's body. She's sitting at my stomach while grabbing all my hair. It hurts. I think anytime soon my hair will fall apart from my head, seriously.

 

"Stop it, Yumi!"

"Stop it! It hurts! I didn't do anything--- AHHHHHHH!" She just slapped me in my face.

"How dare you!" I grabbed both her hands with full force. I easily got access to exchange our positions.

"No one ever dare to slap me in the face!" I howl trying to stop her from moving.

"BLAG!" Our attention was caught by that horrifying sound. I look at my left and saw a man with a knife lying unconsciously. I gasp.

"Hyorin!" I look at my back and saw Jongin. I forgot about Yumi. I found myself being embrace by her with a knife pointing at my neck.

"Don't do this, Hyorin." I said, trying to calm everything.

"Put that damn knife, will you?!" Jongin scowl. He's so stupid.

"I'm so happy you noticed me now, oppa." Yumi said. Was she crying?

"I always dream that one day you'll know I exist." She continued.

 

I'm being suffocated by her tight grip in my neck plus the knife pointing at me makes me more nervous. One wrong move I’ll be dead. I glanced at Jongin, his face is worried. Was he worried at me? No, he must not. He has Hyesun already. The way Hyesun clings in his arms in the library. I can see it, they're in a relationship.

 

"Let go of her. Let's talk." He said trying to solve this situation.

"I'll let go of her if you're marrying me." Is she delusional? Jongin marrying her? Please. I'm just standing here, trying to be brave.

"Let's talk about that. First, let go of her." He said trying to get closer.

"Really?" She said in disbelief.

"Give me that knife. Come'n." He mutters, extending his hands to reach for the knife that was in Yumi's bare hand.

 

I can sense Yumi was happy and believed to what Jongin said because she let go of me without any second thought. I gasp when Jongin grabbed me and hugged me tightly. My eyes widen and my heart was pounding. I can't hear anything rather than my heartbeat. It feels warm in Jongin's embrace. My head is leaning on his chest. I can hear and feel his loud heartbeat too! I saw people coming inside the place.

 

"Yumi!" I blurted as I tried to get away from his hug to turn around to see if Yumi is okay.

"It's okay." He said making me calm, tapping my head. Is this the real Jongin?

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Thanks! ^^