Nightmares

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

Another update. Wohoooo ^_^ Thanks for the new subscribers of this fic. I love you all.

-baeqchan


N I G H T M A R E S

 

“Mom? When is daddy coming home? I’m hungry.”

“Just a little bit, baby. Daddy is coming home soon with lots of foods.”

“Really? Yey! Can’t wait.” I sat on my mom’s lap.

 

It was a cold afternoon and the snow became strong. In front of the woods that were burning.  I patiently waited for my daddy. My mom and I were busy with the pens and pencils in the table. I’ve been making some letters for my friends. I’m sure they’re going to be happy whenever they read this. The silent afternoon was broken by some sort of horrified sound.

 

“Hyosung!” It was a voice coming from my dad. I know he’s not okay because he’s been shouting my mom’s name all over again. I’m scared.

“Mom...” I hugged my mama.

“Baby, just go your room, okay? Daddy is not doing well.”

“But----“

“Go.” She didn’t let me finish and gave me a smile. A warm smile that assures me that everything is okay. I ran to my room. I sat and for a while I heard mom and dad shouting. Something’s happening. I jump out from the bed and slowly took a peek on them. I gasp when noticed that there is a red stain all over my dad’s white plain polo shirt.

“It’s blood.” I whisper.

 

“What happened to you? What is this?” I saw my mom full of worries.

“WE NEED TO GO. HURRY, BOOK US SOME TICKETS.” My dad yelled.

“I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING!” My mom shout.

“I CAN’T EXPLAIN IT RIGHT NOW.”

“NO, EXPLAIN THIS. WHY DO YOU HAVE BLOODS?”

“I---I CAN’T ANSWER THAT.”

“Di---did you kill someone?” Oh no. Mommy, don’t cry. I felt tears coming from my eyes.

“DID YOU KILL? ANSWER ME!” The house was filled with loud screams.

 

“NOOOOOOO!” I screamed.

 

I was awakened from that nightmare of mine. I saw my chest moving up and down, trying to catch my breath. The beads of sweats in my face cannot be concealed. It was an explicit dream. I can perceive that my dream was a precise incident happened in my past. Why did I suddenly dream about it?

 

I roam my eyes around the room. Silence took place. It was all dark, only the light from the posts supports the lighting in my room. I tilt my head to the clock beside me to see what time it is and it’s 2:45 am. I decided to come up from my bed to drink some water. Still can remember the dream I had. It was freshly playing in my head.

 

That dream of mine happened in real life a long time ago. That’s the exact happening I had before I left Busan and migrated to the US. Damn. I almost forgot about it. I completely forgot. I tried to remember everything happened after it but unluckily I cannot figure out the next thing happened. I frowned.

 

I tried to force myself to go back to sleep but my mind doesn’t want to, so I obey and decided to turn on the TV. It was a late midnight news. I got surprised when I saw exo on tv.

 

“Exo’s Overdose comeback next week and their next album got leaked?”

 

“LEAKED?” I blurted out in disbelief.

 

I was walking through the spacious stairs, isolated. I didn’t slept last night because I don’t even know. I end up watching TV and reading my text books. I should study hard because finals are coming and summer is on its way afterwards.

 

I gasp when I felt someone’s arm around me. I tilt my head to see and it was Luhan with the rest of exo m. I took my earphone and frowned.

 

“What are you doing? You scared me.” I said. He just smiled a warm smile.

“Good morning!” He said it and didn’t disregard my question. Psh.

“Good morning.” I said empty.

“Hi! Hyori!” The rest at the back said. I gave them a smile.

“Can you get your hands off me?” I scowl quietly, assuring that the people behind us won’t notice.

“Why? It’s normal. You’re my fiancé right?” After hearing what he said I hit him in his chest using my bare hands and threaten him using my valiant eyes. Though he said it whispered.

“Can you stop it? I don’t want you talking about it when there are people around.” I said. He just gave me his mischievous smile. I got annoyed so I took his hands from my shoulder and walk fast.

 

Luhan is nice. Actually, I like him as a friend. I hope he’s not serious with me as his fiancé because I don’t wanna hurt him. There are other girls aside from me anywhere, who deserves him. I don’t deserve him. He’s just too good for me. And he’s just a victim of our parents heartless decisions. I sigh. I need to be early in the coffee shop.

 

“Have you heard exo’s overdose leaked dance practice?”

“Yes! Yes! It was too good.”

“I’m so excited for their comeback!”

“Ughhh! Why are they so handsome?”

“Huhuhuhu… Luhan-ah, please notice me.”

“Hahahaha… Just don’t get Kai oppa away from me.”

“I love all the exo members!” Those are the sentences I heard from the people I passed to. I need to ask Luhan about this leaked song they’re talking about.

 

My class finished early I went to the coffee shop. I was told to do an over time because my performance lately was very poor. And I admit to be absent often. Sigh. I’m just receiving their moneys, put it in the cash drawer and give them the exact amount of their changes. That’s the thing I always do in the coffee shop.

“Hyung, what can you do about the leaked?”

My ears got widen to that sudden topic. I glanced at the. Holy cow. Exo. Twelve handsome beasts entering the shop. I gulped. They were in their usual sweat pants. I bet they just came from their practice. I shivered and tried to do things to busy myself. I left the cashier and excuse myself to go to the comfort room.

“Where are you going? Omoo. Get their orders I’ll just AFSDGHDL” Suddenly I didn’t heard what she just said because she immediately run. I can do this.

“Oh! Hyori- ah!” Chen called me. Don’t call me Hyori. Err.

“H—Hi!” I gave them my best wide smile. I know, I’m faking it but gladly they didn’t recognize.

“Wow. You work here? How long?” Lay asked while checking the menu at the back.

“Ahhh… J-j—just recently.” I answered.

“Oh… Okay… Uhm… can you give me cappuccino, please.” He said. I quickly typed his order.

“Just wait for a minute.”

 

I’m about to say “next” when the man hated me the most is in front of me. I got dumb. He’s staring at me viciously. If his stares can kill, I might have been killed seconds ago. Can you just look at the menu? Damn it, Jongin.

“Two bubble tea.” He said coldly. I can’t see any sign of happiness when he’s in front of me or I am just being insane.

“O—Okay.” I stuttered and immediately type his order.

“Hey, beautiful!” I take a look at the man and Luhan in his cheerful look.

“L—Luhan.”

“I’ll drive you home.” He whispered. I got shocked. I know Jongin heard it. Damn.

“Ahh— it’s okay! You don’t need to. I’m going home late so, yeah.” I instantly refused his offer. I can sense Jongin’s cold stare.

“I can wait.” He insists.

“No. Really. It’s okay. You should rest. You have y----your comeback, right?” I uttered.

“Oh. You’re right. Thanks for caring.” He said and put his arms around Jongin.

“You ordered for me?” Luhan asks Jongin.

“Yeah, I’ll just wait in the table.” He said coldly and walks away.

“Don’t mind him. He’s in his period.” My cheek heated up and ignores him.

 

 

“Bye, Hyori. See you next time!” Almost everyone said. Suho came to me, worried.

“Hey.” He greeted.

“Hi.”

“What are your plans? When are you going to tell them?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Not too soon. I’m scared.”  I sigh.

“Are you okay? You look stressed. You should take some rest.” He said. My heart just melted.

“I----I’m good. It’s nothing.” I said.

“I’ll get mad if you get sick. Remember that.” He said and taps my head. I smile at him and he did the same before he completely left.

“Take care of yourself, Hyorin. I will not forgive myself if something happens to you.” Luhan just popped out under the counter.

“What are you doing in there?” I almost chuckled.

“Wow. It’s an honor to see you laugh.” He teasingly said. I frowned at him.

“Go. Sleep well, Luhan.”

“Luhan hyung, come here it’s getting late!” I took a peek at the person shouting and it’s Jongin frowning as usual.

“Bye.” Luhan said.

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Thanks! ^^