Meet again

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Soo Wan forced a fake smile on her face as she walked into the family room. Tam, her daughter’s husband was sitting on the sofa looking through the newspaper classified section. “What are you doing Tam?” She asked sweetly trying hard not to roll her eyes.


She knew what he was doing. He was jobless and uneducated. It’ll take him a life time to find a decent job in Seoul. She promise her husband to behaved herself; even if it taste like bitter she was determine to put on a polite façade for the sake of her daughter and grandchildren.

Tam immediately stood up and cleared the newspaper from the couch.

“Would you like to sit Mrs……mother?” He asked. Soo Wan took a couple steps away from Tam and shook her head.

“No. I’m heading to the dining room.”

“I like to thank you again for your hospitality. It’s taking a little longer for me, but once I get a job the family and I will move out.” Tam said politely.

Soo Wan nodded briefly and wrinkled her nose in distaste. The air was tense and awkward. Tam knew Jihyun’s mother was trying, even though her words were laced with sugar; her body language was filled with poison. She made it very clear how she feels towards him through the art of body language. Mrs. Park smiled sweetly and managed to hide her scowl as she walked past Tam and into the dining room.

“I know how special you are to my daughter…Don’t worry, you’re…welcome to stay here as long as you like.” She said before shutting the door behind her.

Tam sighed and sat down on the sofa. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Dara’s smiling face. A genuine smile filled with love.

“How are you Dad?” She asked softly.

“I’m fine, how are your study?” Dara grinned bashfully and answered,

“I’m learning a lot…don’t ask me what.”

“Uh oh, I smell something fishy.” Tam looked closely at his daughter. She was up to something. Dara tried to put on an angelic face when she saw her father peering at her suspiciously. A flashback of her etiquette teacher dancing to BIG BANG’s song ‘Fantastic Baby’ almost caused Dara to double over laughin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter