Back Home

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Vietnam



“Is it my imagination or do you notice it too? Those women behind the food stand are all staring at me.”

Bom said with a frown. Seunghyun looked at the direction Bom was looking at. There were a group of older women whispering and openly pointing at Bom.

“Come on let’s go. The doctor said all I need is rest and a safe distance away from you.” Seunghyun said and walked a few steps ahead of Bom.

Bom grinned, did Mr. Robot just make a joke? She picked up her pace getting ready to tease Seunghyun, but the loud noises from the group of women stopped her.

“I want to know why they’re staring at me like that. Do I have something on my face?” Bom asked. Seunghyun sighed and answered,

“No you don't. Let’s go.”

Bom hurried after Seunghyun still with a frown on her face. Why were they staring at her so strangely? She was tempted to go ask, but the language barrier discourage her and Seunghyun was already halfway down the street waiting for her.

One of the women from the group ran after the couple. She stopped in front of Bom and smiled shyly. Bom smiled uncertainly back at the woman.

“You speak Vietnamese?” The woman said. Bom frowned; she shook her head indicating she did not understand. The woman pointed to Bom and asked,

“English?”

Bom nodded. The woman smile and pointed to Bom then at herself and then she pointed to the food stand.

“Hungry? Come, come.” The woman said in broken English.

Seunghyun saw the woman motioning her hands at Bom and decided to rescue his wife. He ran backward and grabbed Bom’s hand. He pulled out a few bills from his pocket and said rudely to the Vietnamese woman,

“We’re not hungry, but here’s some money for you. Goodbye.”

The woman did not take the money. Seunghyun dragged Bom with her, leaving the woman behind with the dollar bills on the ground.

“Wait…STOP!” The woman shouted. Seunghyun and Bom both stopped in their tracks, surprised at the loud tone of the woman’s of voice.

The woman walked up to Bom and took out a small old faded picture. She poi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter