Age 10

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The little boy ran upstairs glancing back every once in a while with mischief in his eyes. His nanny was huffing as she dragged her short plump legs after the boy. She stopped midway up the stairs to catch her breaths. That little rascal! She heaved in and out and then started walking up the stairs again.

By the time she reached the third level, the little boy was nowhere in sight. Oh great, here we go with the hide and seek game again! The nanny thought and started checking in all the rooms.


               ~~~~~~~

With giddy feet the little boy saw a room ajar with the lights on down the end of the corridors. He quickly ran towards it but stopped when he heard his mother’s voice. He loved his mother’s voice, even when she was unhappy with him, angry at him, scold him…he still loved listening to her voice. She was hardly ever home, and when she was home…she did not pay any attention to him; but nonetheless, he still likes to be near her.

Truthfully he craved for his mother’s love…but being born and bred as a member of this honorable and ancient family name required him to hide his emotions and his needs. He tiptoed closer to the door and pressed his left ear against the door.


                 ~~~~~~~


“Do you expect me to hand over my family business to your bastard?” He heard his mother’s harsh crisp voice.

“Yes, you agree to bring him into this home and raised him as your son. It would look suspicious if you hand the family business to one of our cousins.” The little boy’s father quiet firm voice answered.

“That was the biggest mistake of my life! Not being able to get pregnant even after all the money we spent on medicine, surgery…and you, you in just one night impregnated some young hussy right out of school! What was I to do; you tell me what was I supposed to do?” the woman’s angry voiced retorted.

“I told you it was a mistake! I was lonely, sad and helpless after yet another miscarriage from you! I didn’t want you to try getting pregnant again, the doctor said it was not good for your health…and you didn’t listen! You almost die that night!” The man said, clearly tired of the repetitive conversation.

“Your mistake is living hell for me! I can’t stand living in this home because of your bastard! Everyday I’m reminded of your infidelity! I hate your son! I hate him so much sometimes I feel like I can kill him!” The woman shouted. There were a crash and the little boy peeked inside the room.

“If you want me sane and me again, send your bastard to boarding school. I can’t take this anymore.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter