Shocking

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Tam, Bom and Seunghyun waited for Nurse Lan outside the hospital. Seunghyun remembered the shocked expression on Nurse Lan’s face when he was at the hospital for his head injury.

They figured there has to be a reason for that expression, maybe it was recognizing how similar Bom and Jihyun look. Over the years since Tam was diagnosed with cancer, Jihyun visited the hospital quite often.

“There she is!” Bom said pointing to Nurse Lan. The nurse had her head covered and seemed to be in a hurry. When she saw Bom pointing at her she quickly shook her head and scurried toward the opposite direction.

“I think she’s afraid.” Bom said confused at the nurse’s behaviour.

“Afraid of what?” Seunghyun mused, perplexed.

“Let’s follow her.” Bom said already running after the nurse.



**********************


Nurse Lan’s heart was beating so hard, she fear she was going to die from running. Why are they following her? Has the young man figured out his real identity?

Is he in Vietnam to take revenge?! She knew her past sins would catch up to her one day, she prayed that he would listen to her explanation…prayed that he would forgive her.

Ever since she gave him to that mean lady in the car twenty years ago, she had not had a good night sleep.

He was in her dream every single night, tormenting her, begging her to return him to his birth mother. And now he’s here, flesh and blood…and chasing after her.

“Nurse Lan, please stop. I need to talk to you!” Tam shouted, his stomach cramping from running. Nurse Lan stopped and looked around her before pointing to an old shack.



**************


“Nurse Lan, do you recognize her?” Tam asked, pointing to Bom. The nurse’s face was marred with confusion. She glanced at Bom, then Seunghyun and said,

“You’re not here about him?” She asked. Tam shook his head.

“She looks like your wife.” Nurse Lan answered, her features suddenly more relaxed.

“I have reasons to believe she is my daughter. She has the same birthday as Dara, she was born in Vietnam and was adopted twenty years ago. Do you have any record of adoption from Saigon hospital?” Tam asked.

Nurse Lan squeezed her hands nervously, and avoided looking Tam in the eyes.

“Why are you asking me? I don’t know anything! I don’t know anything at all!” She shouted defensively. Tam frowned at her behaviours; it appeared she does know something.

“I’m not blaming you or accusing you of anything. Please think of your own children nurse Lan. Wouldn’t you want to know the truth too?” Tam asked softly.

Nurse Lan kept glancing at Seunghyun, there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter