Second Chance?

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A month later

Seunghyun stood in front of the office window staring outside the busy streets. The room was absolutely quiet except for the occasional coughs and feet shuffling from the board members. Seunghyun facial expression was stoic, expressionless. He slowly turned around and narrowed his eyes at a plump older woman who was constantly clearing in nervousness.

“You may leave Ms. Lee.” He said coldly. Ms. Lee face flushed in embarrassment and she stammered,

“No…no…I’m alright.”

Seunghyun arched his eye brows at Ms. Lee and waited. Ms. Lee shifted uncomfortably in her chair. The other board members gave her pitying look and after a few moments of hesitation she got up and shakily walked out of the room.
 

He waited until the door shut and sauntered up to the head of the table. There were little gasp of renewed surprise at the power emanating from someone so young. A few of the more cynical board members attributed his horrid attitude to the fact that his wife of less than six months left him.

“Only stay if you’re serious about staying with me till the end. I don’t have time for games.” Seunghyun glared into the baffled faces of the members. He tapped his index finger against his thigh waiting for a few more undecided members to leave.

“You’re backstabbing your own parents!” One of the member squealed before rushing out the door.

“Anybody else?” Seunghyun asked, his gaze probing intensively into each of their eyes.
“Choi enterprise was created and developed by your forefathers and expanded by your father with Lina’s inheritance. What rights do you have to overtake what is rightfully theirs?” A timid voice asked.

“It’s rightfully mine don’t you agree? Kim Jaejoong or the bastard son with the tainted blood? Your choice.” Seunghyun said bluntly. Some of the board members winced at his frankness.

“Choi Lina is one shrew woman. She’s pulling your string even as we speak.” An older gentleman with curly white mop of hair chortled.

“Care to elaborate Mr. Jang?” Seunghyun hissed. Mr. Jang grinned mischievously and shook his head.

“No Seunghyun, I’m with you. I trust you with my stock and my future; I know you must have a game plan to be this bold.” Mr. Jang said his voice suddenly very serious. The confidence in his voice relaxed some of the board members. They too nodded in agreement.

“So what happen if the committees vote you off Choi Enterprise?” Another member chipped in.

“That’s why you’re all here….” Seunghyun gave each member a devilish smile. Age has nothing to do with a person's capability. When it comes to business, Choi Seunghyun was as ruthless as the devil.

 


~~~~~~~~



The clock ticked midnight; reluctantly Seunghyun yawned and stretched his arms and legs. It was time to head home. He hated going home…to an empty house, empty bed…and bittersweet memories. Seunghyun’s eyes flickered over to an unopened vanilla envelope on top of his cherry oak desk. Divorce documents. A bitter smile curved his lips. Tightness seized his chest as he recalled the day Bom left him. Her dole eyes stared sadly at him, her lips thin with determination. Seunghyun wanted to confess “I love you! Don’t leave me!” But the words wouldn’t come out of his mouth. He remembered chasing after the cab until his limbs were too tired to move.

I need you with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter