The Past

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The past ~~~~~~ 2 years ago

Jiyong held a dozen of beautiful red roses in his hand and ran down the street as fast as he could to meet the love of his life.

All his friends and families told him he was crazy, he was only nineteen years old yet he's claiming to be in love. They asked him... what do you know about love anyway? But he knows what love is...the moment he first laid eyes on her, he knew she was the one for him, she was his love.

Jiyong did not bothered explaining to his friends because it was hopeless. They wouldn't understand the depth of his feelings for her...she was like his heart. If that's not love, then what is?

Two O’clock…she said to meet at their favorite hang out place exactly two on the dot. Jiyong grinned remembering the first time he met his love; he was rushing in the door trying to escape from the sudden heavy rain pour.

She was on her way out with a cup of hot freshly brewed coffee. They bumped into each other and the coffee splashed all over the two of them. She apologized, and then he apologized. After a moment of silence, they both grin at each other and started laughing. That was the beginning of their romance.

People called it cliche when he told them about how he met his girl, but he knew it was something different...it was destiny.

He touched his pocket protectively; he wanted to make sure the engagement ring was secured. Today was the day…he was going to propose to the love of his life…and promise to spend forever with her.

After a long run, Jiyong stopped in front of the entrance door. He took a couple of long breaths before heading in.

Softly whistling Jiyong took out the engagement ring and tied it around the dozen of roses. He saw his love sipping from a cup of coffee, Jiyong smile widely heading toward her direction…but stopped when he saw his mom. He hide behind the corner and listens in their conversation.

Mrs. Kwon sat opposite from Jiyong’s girlfriend and handed her a check.

“Is this enough?” She asked the girl coolly. The girl looked at the check and appeared unimpressed with the amount.

“So wealthy and this is all you can offer me for setting your son free?”

Mrs. Kwon ignored the girl's question. She passed the check over and continue,

“I’ve made arrangements to have all your tuitions and living expenses paid in full during your study abroad. Also a well pay job after graduation. That is all I’m willing to help you with. You can take it or leave it.”

Mrs. Kwon leaned back in her chair and took off her sunglasses to stared straight into the girl’s eyes.

“I’m only willing to give him up until I’m done with my studies. Once I’m back in Seoul and if he is sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter