Father!

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Vietnam



Bom and Seunghyun went back to Mr. Park’s home after the conversation with Nurse Lan. Mr. Park started coughing and somehow developed a high fever. Bom knew whatever Nurse Lan had told Mr. Park was too shocking for him to handle.

“Seunghyun, I think we should take him to the hospital.” Bom said. She sat by Mr. Park’s bed gently wiping the sweats off his face.

“No…no hospital. Give me my pills...the bottles are on the desk.” Mr. Park wheezed, trying to breathe and talk at the same time.

Bom nodded. She went to the desk and grabbed the bottles. There were so many bottles. She looked at the name of the medication some of which was written in English. Mr. Park has stomach cancer?

“Mr. Park…” Bom said softly. Tam opened his eyes and lifted his hands. He touched Bom’s face gently and whispered,

“Not Mr. Park…call me father please.”

Bom suddenly felt her heart constricted in sadness and she started crying helplessly. She couldn’t see Mr. Park’s face through her tears. She took both his hands and held it in hers.

“Father, father…” She laid her head on Mr. Park’s shoulder. Bom grew up wondering about her birth parents. Wondering why they gave her up, and wondering what was wrong with her that made her so unwanted. But now here she is with her birth father. To realized that she was wanted, she was loved was the most exhilarating feeling.

It was a sense of freedom, to know the parents she thought abandoned her...loved her, and that they had no idea she was taken from them. That knowledge alone was enough for Bom to mend some wounds she held in her heart for so long.

“Father….” Bom whispered over and over. Seunghyun picked up the bottles Bom had set on the bed.

“Mr. Park…here’s your medicine.” Seunghyun said. He helped Mr. Park up on the bed and gave him his pills.

“You need to see a doctor Mr. Park.”

“No, no. I’m fine, I just need to rest. Let me rest.” Mr. Park pleaded. He stared wistfully at Bom for a long time before closing his eyes to sleep.


******************************



“I’m going to the embassy to get this translated.” Seunghyun said referring to the note Nurse Lan gave him last night.

“Don’t leave me Seunghyun. I’m filled with so many emotions…I’m afraid of being by myself. Please don’t leave me.” Bom said tiredly.

Seunghyun looked at his wife. She has tear streak down marks; the carefully applied make up now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter