Chapter 51

Challenges in Life

Beta thanks to aenkr28

 

WARNING   read everything.... keep scrowling  till you reach the comment. I promise it will be worth it

___________________________

Chapter 51

 

Today was the day the harvest the bone marrow. Jaejoong’s father mentally prepared himself he only looked up when he saw his wife enter the room, “So how do you feel? She looked at her husband, IV sticking out of his arm.

“You don’t have to be sincere to me… I know what I did. And I can’t make it up to you to Jaejoong. Does Jusnu know?”

“Not yet, but he knows something up, you doing this for Jaejoong.

“Were ready for you nows…” He lay back on the bed as the wheel him out grading onto Hyunjin hand, “Nothing I can say can make up for what I did, but I’m sorry I did a terrible thing to you to jusnu.” he closed his eyes. He needed to make it up to them all, and what better way than to do this. Jaejoong was still in isolation but this was their opportunity, they were only a small wind which they all have to believe. As soon as Jaejoong recieved the transplant that would have to wait and see it worked. When he awoke his wife was beside. He couldn’t understand why after all he did. He felt pain in his back and numbness of his limb. But that was probably nothing to what Jaejoong felt. He thought to the day before.

 

Flashback

“He’s critical they told them, his’s condition is detracting. The doctor had watched over Jaejoong for hours. Yunho was looking through the glass they had arrived not too long ago. “We can only look out and see how long he can hold on for. They didn’t want this to happen Jaejoong. “Can I be with him?” Yunho asked.

“Yunho this is not the best…”

“No, let him, Jaejoong always felt comfortable with Yunho around. Please Doctor if he’s not going to make it through the night we want to be beside him.​ Heechul told him. Within the hour all of the wear covered with masked hats everything. Jaejoong looked dreadful, “We’re sorry baby, we made you go through all this pain again.”Heechul cried, “It’s us who are not willing to let you go. Heechul kissed him before allowing Siwon to say something… everyone did. It made Yunho frustrated it was like they were all saying their final goodbye.

“What the hell is wrong with you people? Jaejoong not giving up so why should you?” Yunho shouted at them, his father tried to speak to him but it only made Yunho rant more. Yunho took hold of Jaejoong’s hand. He squeezed his hand slightly and placed it on his cheek.

“Jaejoong enough of all this! Stop this come back to us Jaejoong, you’re not going to leave us you hear me? Youre sixteen Jaejoong, you haven’t even started to live. We haven’t even spoken about what college you want to go to. Remember our plan Jaejoong?” Yunho tried to speak with brave worse but tears appeared in second, “Please wake up... I’m begging you... Please…”

 “Yunho honey,” Leeteuk called out softy making his way to his son.

“No Umma… he’s going to open his eye. He hasn’t given up I know that, he’s fighting to come back to us.” Leeteuk pulled Yunho into his arms even if he protested.

Suddenly, the beeping machine beeps loudly and they started to panic. They call the doctor while Yunho literally freaked out. He had completely lost it.

“YOU’RE NOT TO LEAVE US JAEJONG! I’LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU IF YOU DO, YOU HEAR ME? I’LL NEVER FORGIVEN YOU TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT.” It took everything Leeteuk and Kangin to remove him from the room. Screaming his frustration before breaking down complete Leeteuk and Kangin held him as he cried. As a doctor and a few nurses went into the room asking the other to wait outside.

It takes an hour the longest hour of everyone’s life. Until the doctor come out of the room. They rushed to the doctor and wait for an explanation. The doctor give them an apologetic face and shook his head.

“He woke up, he’s asking for you.” He looked at Jaejoong’s parent both held a smile even if it was slight. They wanted to rush back in but it was them that look to Yunho

“Yunho, come dear, he’s asking for you. Jaejoong looked at them weakly with eyelids opened. They rushed to his bed with tears stain faced and stand beside him. He gives a reassuring smile while taking his oxygen mask off. “Why is everyone here?” He asked only the people close to him could hear him, “Did I sleep for long?

“Yeah too long Jae…

“Sorry, just so tired…

“Don’t be, we just miss you that’s all.” Yunho told him, taking his hand. Yunho squeeze his hand tighter, tears pouring from his eyes.  Jaejoong took a glance at Yunho and then to his parents, so many people are here why. For some reason he felt he needed to ensure them, he gave a crescent smile. The prettiest smile anyone had seen in days, weeks months. “I haven’t given up yet.” Heechul caress his hand. It was something Hyun Lin wanted to do.

“Don’t cry.” Jaejoong’s voice whispered Heechul shook his head and closed his eyes tightly. Tears keep pouring out of his eyes. “Joongie.” his voice was so quiet its barely a whisper. Jaejoong looked to him.

“Umma, I’m sleepy. I think I’m gonna sleep for a while. You and everyone should go home. I’m okay… he told them the room was filled with sob. Jaejoong fell asleep in second. No one question it. But no one planned on leaving.

“Rest baby you get better soon we know it.” Heechul called out Siwon held his hand. They were all together in this.

 End flashback

 

It hadn’t been nice to watch. Right now his bone marrow had to work. He prayed. The next few days had be difficult but to this point Jaejoong was now sitting up in bed, it brought joy to Yunho to see that. He wasn’t moving around but when Yunho entered Jaejoong eyes opened.

“They told me they found a match. They’re going to start it a couple of hours.” Yunho listen, “You’ll stay won’t you?

“Yeah I won’t leave you.

“Thank you,” Jaejoong says, “that makes me so happy to hear.”

Jaejoong watched as they attached the bag to his chest. This was his last hope he knew he looked at everyone outside. They couldn’t be in the room with him, and for the next two weeks, it would be like this. Two weeks in a sterile white room with nothing to go. Then again he didn’t have the energy to stay awake it would probably go by before he knew it.”

Jaejoong slowly open his eyes finding Yunho sleeping beside him. “Yunho you should go home I’m sure it late.” Jaejoong voices caught Yunho who sat up in his chair. Jaejoong had lost track of days as they past he just knew.

“I was hoping you would wake up before I left…..” Yunho took hold off his frail hands. “I wish I could take you out of here.”

“Who said you can’t?” Yunho looked at him. “Many in a few weeks.

“I hate this place… same blame wall. When I sleep I dream I’m home. I’m not sick Umma  Appa everyone there. “Jaejoong smiled. “I hate feeling so tired.”

“Rest…..” Yunho told him. “Don’t want to, not when you’re here.”  Jaejoong told him. “Yunho can you help me to sit up, I want to look out the window.

“I don’t know….

“Please.” Yunho help him taking all of Jaejoong weight onto him. Which was really nothing, he held Jaejoong securely doing his best to hold him up. It would have been easier to carry him Bride style but Yunho felt Jaejoong wanted to accomplish something. Jaejoong placed his arm around his neck. I don’t want to be in hospital anymore I don’t want to see my parent upset anymore… I want to be healthy do the thing I always wanted too. Yunho wanted to kiss him but there was still restriction. When he felt Jaejoong needed h to lie back down he brought him back to the bed.

“Yunho…Go home….!” Jaejoong told him as he closed his eyes. “You spend too much time here as it is and you don’t need to be here unlike me.”

****

It was in the days that followed Siwon and Heechul waited for more test result. The Doctor was doing his usual check list on Jaejoong vitals. It broke Heechul heart so see his son fearing the worse. Jaejoong was looking at him with his doe eye as if telling his mother he was alright. As soon as the doctor left Jaejoong wrapped his son in the blanket. Everytime Heechul look at him lying on the hospital bed, his heart pricked He felt guilty. He kept telling himself, “Couple more weeks and they would see improvement. Heechul sat watching a nurse as she hooked another fusion of blood to his son.

Heechul had just rested his eyes for a second when he  looking toward Jaejoong realisng his breathing had become  different it was like he was struggling to breath “Jaejoong Honey….” Heechul sat up abruptly. Hitting the emercmy  button beside Jaejoong bed. “Where does it hurt?” Heechul asked he was frighten…. , “Jaejoong.” Heechul could see the pain in Jaejoong’s face, but he made no effort to tell him what was wrong. “Jae..” he felt it something was wrong.  A Doctor hurried in checking over him. Heechul was asked to leave but be refused.

His heart beat became slow…. Heechul could see it.

“His heart giving  up., Defibrillator …now.” Heechul watched in horror…  as the doctor instructed the nurse. He himself was screaming at the top of his lung begging his son not to give up.

“Come Back Baby please don’t leave us…” Heechul cried. His fear takening over

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Time of  death….18:55.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Heechul…. Heechul…?” Heechul jumped from his seat. His husband looking at him. “You dose off… I got us some food.” Heechul looked past his husband to Jaejoong he was still their, he was still with them He placed his hand on his chest. He cried his emotion getting the better of him. Siown held him. “Heechul…

“Bad Dream that’s all.” Siwon could only imagine what Heechul dreamt of. It he question it had enough it was probably the same one he haunted his mind since Jaejoong diagnosis.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________

Sorry I had to tease you .....

WHEre you scare.......? I was when I wrote this....

 

Comment for the next