Chapter 5

Challenges in Life

Un-beta

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

 

Heechul stirred around on his bed uncomfortably from the itchy spots all over him body, which caused Siwon to wake up automatically; he was sleeping soundly beside his wife on his side of the bed. Heechul began to scratch terribly on his skin, the movement made Siwon turn to look at him, he quickly the light.

 

“Chunnie… something wrong?”

 

 

“Hmm… Nothing, just itchy,” Heechul continued to scratch his skin, until Siwon had stopped him.

 

“Stop, you’ll scar yourself.” Siwon glanced at his face. Red spots littered over his body, “You’re covered from head to toe.” Heechul got up from his bed and went over to the mirror.

 

“Siwon, what is this?” he looked at his back.

 

“Looks like chicken pox to me, didn’t you have them when you were a kid?” Heechul looked more frighten than Siwon did.

 

“No I haven’t, wait isn’t it dangerous for adults to get it? Wait the children chicken pox’s is contagious right? What about Donghae and Jaejoong?” Heechul was about to make his way to check the kids, but Siwon stopped him from taking a step more.

 

“I’ll check them, you can’t go near them like this,” Siwon told him. “I’ll check the kids.” before running out and picking up some calamine lotion. Heechul sat at the end of the bed. “I’ll call a doctor too. Doesn’t hurt to be safe than sorry,” he left the room, but not before saying, “No scratching!”

 

“Fine, you check the kids,” he went into Donghae’s room first, he was still asleep but there was visible red dots on his skin. Siwon figured he caught them from someone at the playschool and given them to him, and then must have given it to his mother… sometime yesterday, “No school today for you mister,” he told his sleeping son, before closing his bedroom door. He walked into Jaejoong’s room, only to hear Jaejoong talking baby to himself, he was playing with the stuff animal in his bed, “You’re awake early, little one.” He looked over the side of the crib, Jaejoong looked up at him with his doe eyes.

 

“A-Appa!” Siwon lifted him up, Jaejoong face was clear from the red dots. “A-Appa!” Jaejoong began to swum. It was only a second until Siwon realized Jaejoong needed to be changed, Siwon pinched Jaejoong’s cheeks lightly, “You have a present for Appa, don’t you?” Siwon placed Jaejoong onto the changing table and began to open his baby grow. He was sort of relieve to see Jaejoong didn’t seem to have any chicken pox, the bad thing was Heechul would have to stay away from him for a few days so he won’t catch it from his Umma or his hyung, Siwon cleaned Jaejoong up, putted some baby powder on him before attaching a new nappy onto his bottom. 

 

“All done,” he dresses Jaejoong back up before bringing him down the stairs and put him in his playpen. “Appa will make you something to eat, just play there for a minute while Appa calls the doctor for your brother and Umma,” he called the doctor before going back upstairs he knock on his bedroom door.

 

“Heechul, theres good and bad news, which one do you want to hear first?” Siwon lean against the door.

 

 

“Well it seems you caught the chicken pox’s off from Donghae. The doctor will be here shorty to check on you both…”

 

“What about Jaejoong?” he asked.

 

“Surprisingly he’s fine. I’ve changed him and brought him downstairs… and put him in his play pen. I’m going to see if my parents will take him for a few days.”

 

“But…”

 

“It’s safer if he’s not in the house, you and I both know that. Don’t worry about it, I’m sure my parents will spoil him rotten.” Heechul knew it was for the best, but he didn’t want to be apart from his son. He knew he was been selfish but he couldn’t help it.

 

“You better get his baby bag ready. And get him to his grandparents before Donghae gets up.”

 

“What about you?” Siwon.

 

 

“Look I’m not helpless, I just have the chicken pox’s. I can take care of myself and Donghae… just give Jaejoong a kiss for me.”

 

“Will do…” It wasn’t long until Siwon pulled up outside his parents’ house, his mother was waiting at the door to greet her grandson. Siwon walked behind Jaejoong as he took his stubby steps up to his waiting grandmother.

 

“Awh here’s my little grandson,” she bent down to his level. Jaejoong looked up and then behind him to his father. “Go on she’s your grandmother, thanks Umma for taking care of him.” The woman smiled kindly while looking at Jaejoong. “No problem, I love having my grandson.” Jaejoong grandmother picked him up and brought him inside. While Siwon brought in the travel cot and toys for Jaejoong to play with through-out the day. He set up the bed in his old room… when he came down the stair he found his mother bouncing Jaejoong on her knee. Aw aren’t you a cutie?” 

 

“Umma… I’ll be back later to check on him.”

 

“There’s no need Siwon, I’ll take really good care of my Grandson, we’re going to have so much fun. Did you bring his stroller? Joongie and I might go to the park later? Do you want to go to the park with nanny?” Jaejoong giggled as she gently smiles at him. Then he turned to Appa who was waving at him.

 

“You’ll be good won’t you?” Siwon kissed on Jaejoong’s head. “Umma… I put some baby cereal in the kitchen, he didn’t feel like eating this morning.”

 

“That’s no problem, I’ll make him something. Nanny used to make all your Appa’s food when he was hungry.”

***********

 

 His grandmother sat him on the rug, allowing Jaejoong to roll on his tummy. “Grandpa will be back soon, then we’ll go for a walk but first you have to finish your bottle,” his Grandmother came back with the bottle and handed it to him. He finished the milk quickly as he looked around… at the many things to play with.

 

“Are you hungry now? I’ve made something, and I’m sure you’ll like it,” his grandmother said as she carried him into the kitchen and sat him on her lap. She took the spoon and tasted the content of the bowl before she allowed Jaejoong to taste it. “Taste alright to me, let see what you think, this was one of your Appa’s favourite… here come the choo choo train…” Unquestioningly Jaejoong open his mouth and swallowed the food, then he look at her eyes.

 

 “Aaa.. Aaa..” Jaejoong clapped his hands.

 

“Do you like it?” she asked excitedly. Everytime Jaejoong took a bite he clapped his hand.

“Yeobo, I’m home…”

 

They heard a voice call through the house, “In the kitchen dear, we have a little guest who’ll be staying with us for the next few days.”

 

“Really who?” an elder man walked in… His eyes looked at the little one, his eyes melted when he saw the little one.

 

“Heechul and Donghae have the chicken pox… they thought is was best Jaejoong didn’t catch it.”

 

The man nodded, “They’re probably right…” he took Jaejoong into his hand, “Did you have something nice to eat? Grandma an amazing cook…”

 

“I was thinking that we could bring him to the park, I’m sure he’ll love that.”

 

“Do you want to go now? Just let me get my coat.” His grandmother causally pushed him through the park, she had dressed Jaejoong in a little checked shirt, little tiny jean with a elephant on the side and baby converse shoe… She had also made him wear a beanie that she had made for him. They walked for a while enjoying people asking them was that there grandson, and telling them he was so cute. By the time they got back home, Jaejoong was already half asleep in his stroller.

 

“Looks like someone ready for his nap.” His grandfather took him out of his stroller  and placed him in the travel cot, he kissed his grandson gently on the forehead before heading down stairs…. He sat down on the couch…  his wife on the phone she mouthed to him it was Siwon calling just to check up on him….

 

“I told you he’s fine… he’s just gone down for his nap… you don’t need to worry so much… worry about your others son and you wife…. .”

 

It was about 2 hours later when his grandfather entered the room, hearing the small cries coming from the cribs. He walked over quietly and looked down at his grandson.

 

“Um-uma…Um-uma…” Jaejoong called.

 

“Sorry little Joongie… Umma is at home,” His grandfather picked him. “Did  you have a good nap? You look so well rested…. He brought him down and place him in the living room… “Look what I have for you…?” Hs grandfather went over to a draw and pulled out  a colouring book. He placed it on the coffee table for Jaejoong to look at… while he looked in the draw for some crayons. “Yeobo were are the crayons we got for him…..

 

“Top shelve in the den,” the answer came from the kitchen. His grandfather looked at Jaejoong looking through the colouring book, knowing he’d be fine or a few minutes or so. He came back shorting to see Jaejoong looking up at him…. He sat on the ground beside Jaejoong  opened the pack of crayon and shouldn’t Jaejoong the colour….. he looked spending times with his grandkids….

 

 


______________________________________________________________________________________

Awh so cute.... i'm going to be so sad when i have to stop writing Jaejoong toddler years

 

Comment for the next Chapter