Chapter 1

Challenges in Life

beta thanks to aenkr28

____________________________

Chapter 1

 

 

“Awh isn’t he a cutie…” Heechul looked sweetly into crib… “He’s grown since I last see him…” Heechul looked dearly into the crib, his heart beat with envy.

 

“I know I swear he’s like a weed, he never stop growing but he never stops eating either,” Leeteuk told Heechul as he picked up the little one from the crib, as he began to whimper, “Look, Umma knows you’re hungry, see I even have your bottle ready for you little man.” Leeteck tipped the bottle into the baby’s mouth who began to le.... He could see Heechul’s envious eyes. “You know Heechul, you and Siwon should try and give Donghae a little brother or sister you have to catch up... on me and kangin..... a third... i ' much be crazy having another one after this food monster... Have you though about more...?”

 

Heechul sighed, “Course i have, If only I could.” Leeteuk glance to him, seeing the sadness. “We tried everything right down to IVF just to have a baby and all that lead to was four miscarriages, One before we got are gift of Donghae, and three after... when it came down to it, it just broke my heart each time… Siwon said enough was enough... he was right too, ones of us had to say enough was enough. He couldn’t stand me going through that anymore, I couldn’t stand going through that again.”

 

“I’m sorry I-I didn’t know Heechul,” Leeteck was so surprise Heechul had kept this from him, “Why didn’t you tell me!” Leetuek gave Heechul a small embrace.

 

“I didn’t know how to. I should he grateful that I was able to have Donghae, and don’t get me wrong, I love him to bits… but I’d love to give him a brother or sister. Siwon and I always talked about having more children… we never thought that we couldn’t.”

 

“Come on we’ll talk about this downstair, Changmin wants his second bottle and you don’t want to hear him if you doesn’t get it,” Leetuek lead the way for both of them… both their eyes drawn to the play area. “Yunnie Bear… I hope you’re sharing your toys with finish your snack.”

 

“Yes Umma… I’m sharing my toys,” Yunho nodded as he ran to his mother, his eyes open wide as he clung onto Leeteuk’s leg…

 

 

“Good boy Yunho, do you want to come to the kitchen so Umma can give you and Donghae a cookie?” Both of them saw Donghae head peck outside the playroom. Leeteuk handed the both a cookie as they each smiled happily to one another before running back to the play room to play with the toys. Heechul laughed.

 

“They get on so well together, don’t they?” Heechul said

 

 

“As long as they don’t fight over the same toy again…’

 

“Awh… They are the same age… they still don’t really understand just yet.”

 

“Hmmm three years old already… It feels only like yesterday, I was swaddling Donghae in my arms… before you know it he being a grown man… going to college and then leaving home to start their own life.”

 

“Heechul, don’t get to far ahead of yourself… I’m still trying to get Yunho to use the big boy toilet, and then we still have to go through the troublesome teen years, if Yunho and Changmin are anything like me or Kangin… we’re in for a hell of a ride.”

 

“I see your point… But hasn’t Yunho asked you a lot of things?”

 

“You could stay that… he’s at the stage of learning… he usually just points to thing. And says what’s that? And even if you tell him he just point to the next thing in his sight and say what’s that? But the mind of a three year old is very interesting.”

 

“Donghae the same…” Heechul laughed remembering the cute moment.

 

“Heechul do you want to talk about the other thing. It must he hard on you seeing me with Changmin and with another on the way.”

 

“Not really… I’m just a bit envious of you. I had so many complications when I had Donghae I should have known, it was probably too hard for me to conceive, now that I look back on it, Donghae is like Siwon and my miracle baby.”

 

“It’s good way to look at it that,” Leeteuk told him. As he patted the baby’s back as he finished his second bottle. Heechul looked at his watch.

 

“I wonder where our husbands are… all we did was send them out for some food I don't know about you but i'm straving. Don't you think they’ve been gone for over an hour now.”

 

“You know what they’re like when they get together…” Leeteuk laughed as Changmin burped. “Now isn’t that better… now will you go down for your nap if I don’t put you down now you won’t sleep through the night...” Leeteuk looked at the baby who was on his thumb. 

 

'KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK'

Both Leeteuk  and Heechul turned… “Must be them… Kangin probably forgot his keys again,” the knock got louder at the front door.

“I’ll get it, you better put the little one to bed…” they both got up, Leeteuk walked up the stairs while Heechul made his way to the door, he had put turn the lock and was about to say something to his husband but the man standing there wasn’t his husband. He was surprized when the man turned with a glare on his face, as Heechul looked at him.

 

“Can I hel--”

 

Without notice the man fists clenched tighter before a hard punch landed on his face, the force of the punch caused Heechul to crash on the ground… the side of his lips quickly bleed and so spit out his own blood… the man grabbed his collar.

 

“ JUNG! You bastard!” He shouted. “You should take responsibility for what you have done…”

 

Heechul felt the man grip on his collar… he was quite confused.

 

“I’m not….”

 

“None of your lies… I should kill you for what you’ve done! But then what would be the point… how could you sleep with my wife…”

 

“What?” Heechul manage to choke out as the grip got tighter. He wanted to call for help… but the man grip restricted him.

 

“UMMA!’’ Heechul felt the man’s grip loosen and turned his head to where the voice came from… he could see the tears building up in Donghae’s eyes. Heechul looked towards the two boy.

 

“Donghae… Yunho stay back…” Heechul turned to look at the man… “Please let go… there are kids here…”  Heechul told him strongly.  The man let go… Heechul hurried to the kids and moved them into the room. When Heechul bent down, Donghae touched his lip.

 

“U-Umma hurt…” Donghae began to hiccup.

 

 

“Umma’s fine Donghae, go back inside with Yunho…” Heechul closed the door behind them, and returned his attention to the man at the door. "Umma will be right with you...." Heechul closed the door and turned to the face the man, "Please keep your voice down, you’re scaring my son.”

 

“He called you Umma….” the man said, “So you married to that bastard… I might... I should have known, I aplogize I shouldn’t have hit you but your husband is the person I came to see…Where is he?” Just at that point, Leeteuk came down the stairs, his eyes widen when he saw the mans and then Heechul’s lip. He ran over to Heechul exampling his lip… before turning his attention to the man. “Please leave, my husband will be coming home soon. Or... I’ll call the police!” He reached into his pocket and pulled out his hand. “Leave my house!” he said sternly.

 

“So you are Mrs Jung…”

 

“Yes I would be… Now please leave my property…”

 

 

“Hum… fine… but before I go I must say… you should keep a better eye on your husband.”

 

“What?” Leeteuk didn’t like the way the man spoke to him… “I know what your applying but my husband is a faithful man…”

 

“Hmmm... That’s what you think… I have the proof right here. Face the fate your husband cheated on you, with my wife!” the man told him. Both Leeteuk and Heechul looked to one another.

 
“ What?? Cheat? Who's cheating?” Leeteuk was really confused about what the man said. His husband would never cheat on him, he knew that.


“ I don’t know where you got that from…” Before Leeteuk could finish… the man turn and picked up something and ed it into Leeteuk’s hold… Leeteuk and Heechul looked to see a baby no more than a week old.

 

“Believe what you want… but that brat is his responsibility now…” he turned to walk away… Leeteuk handed the little one to Heechul and chase after the man.

 

“You can’t just leave a baby here!”

 

“Why not? This is his father’s house… I could have drop him at a orphanage… but no I think the baby father…was a better choice.”

 

“What about his mother?” Leeteuk shouted out at him as he got into his car, shoved a bag at Leeteuk.

 

“That brat’s mother is dead… And I won’t be responsible for a bastard child that is not my own..” the man drove off without another word. Leeteuk stood for a moment before returning to the house, he looked at Heechul and then at the baby.

 

“Leeteuk!” Heechul called. Leeteuk gazed at the baby, before patting the baby’s head.

 

“Poor little one…”

 

“What are we going to do?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ll call Kangin first.”

 

“You don’t think he’s…”

 

“God no… Kangin would never cheat on me… I know that, but this little one… I don’t really know what to do… he can’t be older than a week old…’ Heechul looked down at the little cute baby’s little tiny nose, the lips… “Heechul, we should take care of your lips first..”

 

Heechul raised his free hand to his lips… he had forgotten it was bleeding, “Check the boys!” Leeteuk had already open the door… Donghae ran to his mother and clung to his leg.

 

“Umma… Umma!”

 

“It’s okay baby Umma’s fine… see? Umma’s going to clean up his lips and then be back to you…” Donghae sobbed into his mother’s trouser. While Yunho reached out his hand to hold his mother’s who gave it a squeeze.

 

“Umma!”

 

“Yes Yunnie bear?” Yunho didn’t say anything apart from holding his mother’s hand. “How about Umma put a dvd in the player in the kitchen? What do you say?” Yunho nodded.

 

“What do you boys want to watch?”

 

“Umma Cars… I want to watch Cars…” Leeteuk sighed.

 

“Yunho how many time do you want to watch it?” Leeteuk took the two boys into the kitchen, Heechul held the baby to his chest. He sat at the kitchen table, looking at the baby. Just as Leeteuk was about to go to Heechul, his phone ringed making him jump and snap out of his thoughts. “Hello, Kangin when the hell are you coming back?”


“Leeteuk, we’ll be home soon,” Kangin said calming down the other end of the phone.

 

“NO now Kangin… a crazy person just showed up at our house saying you cheated on me!”

 

“What?”

 

“I was so scared Kangin… what if the boys got hurt… The guy even punched Heechul,” he told him husband with a smirk knowing his husband would rush home now… Leeteuk listen to his husband telling Siwon what happened.

 

“Is Heechul okay? We’re coming home now… Leeteuk?”

 

“Just hurry will you..... i dread to think what sould had happened tot he boy… Come home soon,” he spoke softly now.
 

“Okay we’re coming.” He  hung up, Leeteuk placed the phone on the table. He took the first aid kit from the top of the cupboard and began to clean Heechul’s lips.
 

“Ow.” Heechul said as he twitched.
 

“Sorry does it hurt?” Leeteuk asked quietly as he continued cleaning the blood from his lip, a light bruise on his lips.

 “What?” Heechul asked, not looking at him as he was looking at the baby.

 

“Your lips is going to be so swollen tomorrow,” Leeteuk press the cloth to the spot, “Siwon is going to freak when he sees it.” Leeteuk putted the first aid kit back after he finished, he looked down at the baby.

 

“What are we going to do with you little one?” He pull the blanket away from the baby face. “Now aren’t you a beautiful, how could that man do that to you…” Leeteuk  gazed at the beauty as the little doe eyes opened and looked up at him… Both their hearts melted as they heard the baby hungry cry.

 

“I don’t know if I have any formula for his age rage… Changmin usually cleans us out…” Leeteuk began to open press after press…. He opens a tin label 0 to 6 months to checked the date… “I might have enough for half a bottle. Changmin won’t mind if we use one of his bottle.” Leeteuk sterilize the bottle before filling it with the formula milk, he shook the bottle for a minute before testing it on his wrist. “Right…” as he was sure it was the right temperature. He handed the bottle to Heechul who was dying to feed the baby… as he place the bottle against the baby lip he realize the baby didn’t know how to le yet. He rubbed the tip against the baby lips encouraging him to try. He can’t have been about a week as they had assumed… he was probably only just been born. He pleaded in his head for the baby to drink…

 

“Come on little one, you can do it…” Heechul looked at Leeteuk. “He doesn’t know how to…” he put the bottle on the table… He might be a preemie.”

 
“Do you think? If he is… this is bad…” Leeteuk said, “Try it again…” Heechul took the bottle and rubbed the tip against his lips, he was happy the baby latched on he sighed with relief. “That’s better little one… I wonder what we’re going to do with you.” It was about twenty minutes later when they both heard the front door. Heechul had just put the baby in Changmin baby bouncer. As he knew how his husband would react when he seen his face.

 

“Leeteuk… Leeteuk…”

 

“Heechul… Heechul…”

 

“In the kitchen…” Leeteuk called out to them… he could hear the scruffling in the hallway, he hope the sound didn’t wake Changmin, the door swung open.

 

“ Leeteuk…” Leeteuk glanced at his husband not giving anything away.

 

“Heechul…” Siwon knelt down in front of him, he lightly turned Heechul face checking the damage before embracing him.

 

“I’m fine Siwon… it’s nothing serious….” Heechul told him.

 

“Not serious… look at it.”

 

“Siwon relax, the kids are over there… don’t scare them anymore than they need to be…” Siwon looked over to see the both seating on the couch.

 

“Fine… but how could he hit you?”

 

“Easy that man thought he was you, Kangin,” Leeteuk told him. Kangin had his eye fixed on the baby bouncer.

 

Who’s that?” he pointed at the baby.

 

“Well that’s something I’d like to know… apparently he’s yours.”

 

“Mine… You just said mine…” Kangin looked shocked trying to read Leeteuk’s expression, he wasn’t giving anything away.

 

“Apparently so!”

 

“Leeteuk… I would… never… I h-have never cheated on you…” Kangin had to clear his name.

 

“Really, that’s good to know.”

 

“You didn’t think he was mine?”

 

“No… heaven forbid. I trust you, my husband to keep your marriage vows. the question is what are we going to do with this little one.”

 

“Did you know the man?”

 

“Haven’t seen him before and from what I gathered when he hit Heechul… he didn’t know who you are either…”

 

“What about the little one’s mother?”

 

“Don’t know when I tried to stop him… he told me the little one’s mother was dead…” All eyes looked at the baby… “I think we have to call someone…”

 

“It’s pretty late… I don’t know if someone with come out… but I’ll call and see.”

 

“Good, we need to figure out what’s going to happen to this little one.” Heechul bent down to the little one, Siwon did the same. He put his arm around Heechul’s shoulders. He knew Heechul heart was breaking, thinking that someone had abandoned this little one.

 

Later that night, the police and a child care worker came to take the baby away, there was nothing they could do. They had found out the baby was a little boy after they changed him, while waiting for the police to arrive. Heechul was heartbroken watching the little one being taken away, he held Donghae close into his arms, while Siwon’s arm curled around his shoulder.

 

“Heechul?” Siwon called.

 

“Hmm… We should get Donghae home to bed.” Heechul ignore his husband walking pass him into the house to get Donghae’s jacket. They bid goodbye to the Jungs and went home.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 it only the first for the story i wonder how it will plan out... i don't now yet ..... but i hope you like it......

 

comment our welcome ^_^