Chapter 12

Challenges in Life

Un beta

____________________________________________________

Chapter 12

 

“Hello Jung residence…..”

 

Leeteuk it’s me…..?”  He knew who it was but there was a quiver in the person voice.

 

“Heechul….. What wrong you sound funny, is something wrong? Is it the boys?” Leeteuk bombarded with question. Before he could answer, “Heechul you still there?”

 

“Yes… sorry…. I was wondering if I could take you up on you offer?”

 

“Offer…? You mean you’re moving back, I’m so happy it’s been so long, but what about the kids? Isn’t it just in the middle of the school year…. What about school…?”

 

“Jaejoong and I our moving back for the time being, Jae…Jae is….” He could hear the stutter in Heechul voice,

 

“He’s not sick again is he…..? How much more does that boy have to go through?”

 

He’s not sick…pre-say…..?”

 

“Heechul tell me…?”

 

“It would be better if we did it in person… Jaejoong and I our taking a flight home on Friday I was hoping you’d be able to pick us up, if it’s not too much trouble…

 

“Trouble it’s no trouble at all…Heechul… we’ll sort out everything when you get here, I have a room ready for you when you get here….

 

“You don’t need to I’ll been looking online for a place…”

 

“Forget that, you have no idea what condition the place would be in, stay with us… until you find the right one. It’s not like we don’t have the room…. Even if we didn’t I’m sure I could squeeze my sons into one room if it was necessary but it not… so stay with us then we can catch up…. It’s been so long since I’ve seen you….”

 

“Leeteuk  I…… I got to go.”  He spoke softly. “We’ll be leaving for Seoul on Friday’s flight; I’ll call you with the details. Bye….” The phone went dead, He sat at the kitchen counter contemplating the conversation he had with Heechul he sounded so weird. He hadn’t spoken to Heechul in over a year… and for him to ring out of the blue made no sense at all. He was taken out of his thought when his son’s came in from school. Changmin went straight to the kitchen opening the fridge…..

 

“Changmin get out of the fridge…… dinner will be ready soon as soon as you father’s home.”

 

“But I’m hungry now….!”

 

“Have an apple then…. I’m not having you spoil your dinner….” Leeteuk closed the fridge in front of his son.

 

“I don’t think anything would spoil Hyung’s dinner Umma…. He eats everything you put in front of him.” A voice spoke out in laugher, “He’s a food monster….

 

“Umma?”

 

“What…..?”He kissed the top of Changmin, “He’s just teasing you.. like you do ….” Changmin glare at Taemin with a grin…

 

“I hate been the middle child everyone picks on me…!!!” Changmin stated, As his mother laughed.

 

“You always think everyone is picking on you?”

 

“That’s because they do…..

 

“Hyung don’t be so overdramatic. You like a drama Queen when it comes to food.” Taemin stated as Changmin finally ran at him.

 

“Boys…” Leeteuk called at them… as the two of them began chasing each other around the kitchen isle. “Seriously why didn’t we stop at one…. you two give it a break will you no one would think you were sixteen and Taemin you only turned fifteen…. Instead you look like two six year olds carving for Umma attention?”

“Who said we aren’t craving for your attention…?” Changmin laughed, while Taemin continued…

 

“Yeah Umma… who said we weren’t..?”

 

It was only then he realizes his eldest wasn’t there mocking like the other two, “Where Yunho?” he asked…

 

“He said he had something to do after school?” Changmin answered him. Getting pass his mother.

 

“Like what?” Leeteuk asked them Yunho had been acting really weird lately it had him slightly concerned. But he knew his son was smart though it didn’t stop him worrying as a mother usually did. “Changmin…. Get out of the fridge..” he shouted.

 

“Don’t know…. He was with girls…” Taemin pretended to gag…..

 

“Taemin…?”

 

“What…I don’t like hyung’s friend.” He emphasized on the word friends, “there not nice people Umma they always pick on me… and Hyung ignores it and say’s… O there just having fun…. It serious unfair Umma, Hyung so mean in school….”

 

“It true Umma… Yunho hates… us… he said were nuisance’s.” Changmin finished, “He doesn’t care when those girl tell Tae to go to the woman toilet…. Saying he’s way to girly to be a man and that that he freaks out people when he walks into the male bathroom.”

 

“Hyung….” Taemin slapped his arm…

 

“What it’s the truth isn’t it… they always say it to you… it’s not your fault you got such skinny legs…”Changmin sat on top of the counter…

 

“Honey just thinks of it as a compliment… there just jealous of you…?”He turned to Changmin, “Get you off the counter that for eating on.” He pulled his son off it. “

 

“Umma has anyone told you your such a nag…..” Changmin commented as he bit into the apple…

 

“If I wasn’t I dread to think what you would turn out like…. Changmin my dear….. so if your down… insulting your mother… go clean out your room… it a complete pigsty…seriously I tried to put away some of your Landry and I couldn’t even get in the door, the clothes you have piled up at the back of your door…. Put them into the Landry baskets’… and this time separate the colour this time… You father didn’t enjoy having bright pink underwear and shirt…” he could see his sons laughing at the thought…. “It’s not funny.” The two of them didn’t stop… “Listen  you guys remember… the Choi family… don’t you… Taemin you might not… you were so young when the left for the states……

 

“ I don’t really remember Umma… why? What about them…?

 

“Well  there moving back to Korea  this Friday so they will be staying with us for a while until they find a place, I want you two to be on your best behaviour… I won’t have you making a show of me, Heechul is my best friend…?”

 

“We won’t Umma….? Not intentionally anyway….” Changmin remarked

 

“You’re such a smart aren’t you?”Leeteuk slap his son …

 

“Umma you do know that could be seen as child abuse….?”

 

Only if I’m caught?” smirked Leeteuk.

 

“Why did they leave for the states?” Taemin asked

 

“Their youngest son got very sick… he needed treatment……? They couldn’t find a match for him here so they went to the states.”

 

“What sort of treatment…?” Taemin asked…

 

“I think I have a picture here….!” Leeteuk went into the dining room press and began look through his album until he found the right one… be brought the album to the kitchen and placed it on the counter.

 

“They look familiar….” Changmin gazed at the old photo

 

“They should, we were really close when you were younger, and that Donghae… he’s the same age as Yunho…. And this little one here is Jaejoong. This was taken just before he got sick….Changmin you use to a lot…. Stealing his cookies when he had one after you took your Dongsaeng. Yunho was always so mad at you…. Because you always made Jaejoong and Taemin cry.” Changmin shrugged his shoulder

 

“So nothing changed over the years I still make Taemin cry,” he laughed.

 

“What was his illness……?”

 

“Leukaemia…. He needed a stem-cell transplant… and there was no matches here…so they moved…. It was really good they did, they found a match…. Jaejoong went into remission. When they did plan to come home…. They had another little scare…. So they decided to stay… when Jaejoong turned 8 it came back….Remember when I went over for a few months to help out your Appa took care of you three while I went over.”

 

“I remember that?”  Taemin told them… Appa ordered in a lot…. And gave us a lot of ice-cream….”

 

“That was because…. Appa left you at my soccer match….when he came to pick me up, we were already home when he remembered about you…? You were balling your eyes out… I still remember you face when we went back to get you… Appa end up buying you whatever you wanted as long as he didn’t tell Umma… Oops…” he looked to his mother, “Guess I have a big mouth.”

 

“He did? Did he? Think I’ll have to have a few words with your father….” He glance to the door when he hear a car pull up…, “You two upstairs… do your homework and clean your room… I’ll be up later to check .”

 

Opps looks like I got Appa in trouble,” Changmin and Taemin.

 

“When do you not……… the two of the greeted there father before making their way upstairs, Changmin sat on the top step looking over the banister’s

 

“Hyung what you doing?”

 

“Shh.. will you, I want to hear….?” Changmin whispered.

 

****

 

“Leeteuk……?”

 

“In the kitchen….. Kangin….” He followed his way into the kitchen, “he placed a group of bags on the table. “I picked up the stuff you order.” He looked to his wife….

 

“Thanks… listen I got the most strangest call today…?”

 

“Let me guess…Heechul…?”

 

“How did you know…..?” Leeteuk asked him..

 

“I got the same one from Siwon,…”

 

“You did…? What did he say….?”

 

“Nothing much just that Jae wasn’t copping in the state to well, so Siwon and Heechul thought it was best to take him home.”

 

“What do you mean not copping…?”

 

“for the last couple of months Jaejoong hasn’t been going to school. Heechul and Siwon were worried about it continuing so this was the best solution. Donghae is going to finish off the semester so Siwon is going to stay behind with him…”

 

“Why hasn’t he…. ?”

 

“I don’t know…Siwon said Heechul would explain as much as he could when he got here?.”

 

“Ohh…. Kangin can I ask you something?”

 

“Hmm….

 

“When were you going to tell me… when I was in America a few years back you left Taemin and Changmin Soccer field after his game….” Leeteuk looked up to his husband to see him turn an off shade of white…, “So were you ever going to tell me…. You left are son at a pitch…. Don’t run away from me….Kangin…. you have a lot of explaining to do…… like you jeopardized are son….. Kangin made his way out of the door, pass Yunho as the door opened, while Yunho stood to the side… as his mother chased after his father…. He stared for a moment before walking seeing his two brothers in fits of laugher at the top of the stair…

 

“Have I missed something……?”

 

“Only Umma….finding out what Appa did a few years back….?”Changmin managed to speak before getting up, “better clean my room Umma will be in a foul mood when he gets back so I suggest Hyung and Taemin my little brother if you have anything incriminating in room I suggest you get rid of it….before Umma does his Toro search…..”

 

______________________________________________________________

Jung family this time.... hope you like it...

Comment for the next update... i want to see some comments so i know where to bring this story ^_^