Chapter 27

Challenges in Life

Un-beta

____________________________

Chapter 27

 

  When Heechul returned to the room Jaejoong was out like a light he traced his finger lightly along his sons sleeping face; he’d only been   out for an hour since the medicine the doctors gave him. Giving him a much needed rested sleep he needed, Heechul couldn’t help but smile at his innocent son resting before him. For him it never got old watching his son sleep. He knew Jaejoong would be out for a while so he lend back in the chair beside his son closing his eyes. They amount of times he sat beside his son like this where unforgettable the year that had passed by in a flash.

 

Flashback….

It was like any other day in the Choi house hold except for the fact their five year old way out of the hospital, only for the long weekend but it was a start. Heechul was busy in the garden cleaning up Donghae toys which were scratcher all over the garden while Donghae was busy kicking his ball around. “Donghae five more minute and we go inside…. ,” Heechul had only step out of the house for a minute filling his lungs with some much needed fresh air. The sky was filled with crimson and amber-tinted clouds; a breath-taking scenery that would captivate anyone and stop them in their track.  When they went in Heechul turned to Donghae…, “Would you go check on Jae for me…Appa will be home soon I need to start dinner… Donghae nodded making his way upstairs while Heechul busied himself in the kitchen.

 Donghae knocked lightly on Jaejoong door knowing it wasn’t like Jaejoong was going to answer him. “Joongie are you awake,” Donghae entered the room to find Jaejoong curled up on his bed cuddling his toy in one hand and one of his books in the other. Donghae sat on the bed of the bed taking the book for him, “Do you want Hyung to read it to you….?” Jaejoong stared at him with his doe eyes. Donghae smile even without Jaejoong speaking he knew what his brother wanted,” Hyung will read it to you…. Donghae lay down beside his brother allowing him to look at the pictures as he read it for him. Donghae made funny voice just to get a reaction, though Jaejoong remain silent. Ever since a year ago… since Jaejoong was diagnosed…  Jaejoong  voice only became a memory to hid family the  treatment had been ruff on his tiny little body that even ounce of  strength as use to keep him alive. They were told it was normal for a kid. For this to happen… so they took reach day at a time waiting for the day he began to speak again…  Donghae had just turned the book to the last page…. When Heechul appear at the door smile at his two sons…. “ Dinner just about ready!”  Donghae was just about to close the book when Jaejoong little hand stopped him…

“Looks like he wants you to finish the story to him…..” Donghae continues to read for Jaejoong,” Heechul moved around the room closing Jaejoong curtain… before sitting on the opposite side of Jaejoong bed brushing his hand against Jaejoong face soft he was so pale it was almost scary sometimes…  but every time he looked at his sons he put on a brave face smiling reassuring  not just Jaejoong but Donghae as well telling then everything will be alright.  When Donghae finished Jaejoong looked to his mother….

“Time to eat….?” Jaejoong shook his head no against Heechul statement. “Awh no but you got to eat remember it the promise you made the doctor and Umma and Appa.” Heechul sat Jaejoong on his lap it was hard to believe how much this five old  suffered… his hair had already fallen out making him wear a fluffy hat with cat ear on top…. Just making Jaejoong look more adorable.  He cuddled Jaejoong tightly holding out his arm for Donghae to cuddle in which he did… “ My two beautiful boys…..” he mumbled into them before lifting Jaejoong from the bed. For a five year old you wouldn’t think he was he was as light as a two year old…. “Come on you must be hungry.  Jaejoong snuggled into his mother as he brought him down stair just as Siwon came in the door….

“Appa!” Donghae called out to him.  Already running down to greet his father along with the two people following behind him….. “Halmoni… Hal-abeoji you’re here….?” Donghae greeted his grandparent it had been such a long time since he seen them..

 
“Awh Donghae….look at how much you’ve grown….?” Siwon held the door open for his parents as they made their way inside the house. Heechul approached them, cupping Jaejoong in his arms…. He didn’t lift his head from his mother chest…

 
“I’m so glad you could come…” Heechul greeted them. They gave him a light hug been careful of Jaejoong…, they eyes looking at the frailness of their baby grandson. “Joongie look it’s Halmoni and Halabeoji don’t you want to say hi….” Jaejoong moved his tiny little hand and wave at them…. “I made some dinner….” It was Siwon that spoke first

 
“Great I’m starved… how’s my little one today… “Siwon took Jaejoong from Heechul so Heechul could serve out the food…”  Jaejoong waited for the kiss his father always gave him.  He followed Heechul,” how was he…?

 
“Good…. He ate a little lunch earlier with Donghae and stayed in his room most of the day,  he’s been a little tired…Donghae even read to him…”

“You look tired….?” Siwon told his wife….

 

“No more than usual…..

 

“Maybe with my parent staying for a while you can get a little rest.” He sat at the  Jaejoong sitting  on his lap.

 

“Milk or juice……” Heechul asked Jaejoong  who looked to his mother, Heechul would always tell what Jaejoong wanted…, “Milk it is then…” Heechul place some in a cup before bringing it to the table. Setting it beside Siwon..

 

“Heechul you need rest….. you can’t take care of him all by yourself…

 

“I rest when I have time……,Donghae…. Bring your Grandparents to the kitchen… nah? Come to Umma, Joongie” Heechul reached out his hands for Jaejoong.

 

“I’ll feed him…” Siwon told him, just as his parents sat down. Heechul nodded before turning his attention to Donghae… and Siwon parent.

 

“Donghae honey…. milk or juice,….?”

“Juice Please Umma….. ” Donghae took the seat beside his father wanting to be close to Joongie.  It had been a long time since they sat around  a table as a family. The each enjoyed it mostly because Jaejoong was with them.

 

****

 

“It was the middle of the night Heechul and Siwon were awoke bye he sound of screamsfrom their elderst soon. Heechul jumped out of bed running towards Jaejoong room….. Heechul quickly the light looking to Donghae as he held Jaejoong… “Umma…..” It wasn’t all that until Jaejjoong was carefully hauled on to  stretcher and out to the ambulance outside. Donghae stood at their front door in the comfort of his grandmother arm as his parents went with Jaejoong to the hospital. Heechul was hysteric  he  though Jaejoong was alright when he went to bed.  The sickness etched on  his sons face was overwhelm, Siwon cupped his arms around his wife.

 

‘He’ll been okay honey"

 

“Why…Why him….” Heechul cried out. “I just want him to have normal children…. It is so wrong of e to want him to get better… Siwon kissed him.

 

“He’s got throw worse….

 

“When will they find a match we only moved to the states to get him help, I can’t lose him Siwon…I Can’t it breaks my heart… seeing him go through all this.” The drive to the hospital felt like hours long hours…., Heechul leaned forward over his son ad he heard the sound of soft whimper… “Hey baby… it’s okay Umma and Appa are right beside you baby. Both Siwon and did their best to comfort there son along with Siwon comforting his wife.

"It's going to be alright, Heechul. Jaejoong strong I know he’s going to be fine.” Siwon took hold of his wife hand and entwined it with his own squeezing softly giving the sense of comfort. “Joongie hates when his mother’s cry’s.” Heechul wiped away the tear as best he could, putting on a brave face in front of his son who was now clinging onto his lap. “I’m sorry baby…., “Heechul apologized to Siwon and his son. " Umma won’t cry any more… unless there happy tears.” Heechul looked to his husband. “Thank you for reminding me Siwon Joongie strong he’s going to make it…..

 

End of flashback.

 

 Heechul felt liked he was abruptly away by doctors and nurse around his sons bed, “How is he….” The doctor turned to Heechul giving him his full attention "Well?"  Heechul asked again as  his mind jumped to his own conclusion as the doctor hesitated to tell him. Heechul felt the same  uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach just like they found out Jaejoong had leukemic, Right now Heechul wanted to hold Jaejoong protectively in his arms.

“Your son test result were a little problematic,

 

“What are you trying to tell me…..,”Heechul just wanted the doctor to be straight forward with him.

 

“His white cell count is much lower than excepted." The doctor explained  it slowly, making Heechul dread the next few words Heechul blinked multiple times to make sure he hear everything correctly while shifting in his seat. “ Jaejoong blood count show abnormal results. His white blood count is very low - 1.3. His haemoglobin is 5.6, his haematocrit is 20.4, his platelets are 81,000, and his neutrophils are 0.6. What I mean to say is that, numbers like these sometimes indicate an autoimmune disease.  Heechul hated big word.

 

“Please Doctor Just get o the point?” the Doctor took a deep breath “I’m sorry you son is showing signs of leukemic. That was it what Heechul feared most. He shook his head no…no… the words repeating over the head…

 

U-Umma….

 

“This can’t be happening,” Heechul talked to himself turning his head to the side. Jaejoong was lying flat on the bed… too weak to move…grey in colour it was then Heechul knew this wasn’t right…..

 

“Jae…. He called out… reaching for his hand. This was wrong with this Heechul knew that, Jaejoong wasn’t this sick

 

“U-Umma I’m sorry I can’t fight it any longer….

 

Tears filled Heechul eyes.” Don’t say that baby you got to fight it…..

 

“Umma  we need to let him go….” Heechul turned what was his son doing here….

 

“No he can’t……” Heechul denied it. “I won’t allow him to give up  

 

“Heechul look at him….” it was Siwon that spoke….. Jaejoong had become so ill, his became overly thin, his hair refused to grow back, his lip white and cracked the cancer had taken everything from him didn’t look any different really. 

 

“Don’t say that he’s our son…. I won’t give up on him”

           

We needed to let him go Heechul…..” Heechul felt himself been pulled away from his son… he faught back trying to make his way back to Jaejoong side…The moments that followed after were all a blur.  He was been draged away from his son…. Words repeating in his head…

 

“He’s gone Heechul gone…. Nothing can bring him back to up, We need to let him go…. ,” Heechul, continually shouted and cried. 

 

“Umma  wake up…… Wake up Umma…..

 

Heechul jumped from his seat he turned to see is son sitting over the side  for the bed reaching out to him…..

 

“Umma are you okay you were shouting in your sleep…..

 

“Was I….” Heechul took deeps breaths calming his heart, “Sorry…… just a bad dream I’m alright…..!” Heechul rubbed his eyes and smiled at Jaejoong, “Did I wake you….?

 

Jaejoong shook his head no he had been awake for a little while from the pain in back but he wasn’t going to tell his mother that…

 

“No I need touse the bathroom…” Heechul automatically stood up here hold onto me I’m help you.” Although Jaejoong wanted to say he could do it himself…. He didn’t what ever his mother dream it was scary…. He   allowed his mother to help and help him back to the bed…, “Do you want anything else….? Jaejoong shook his head no…, “Okay you should get some more rest….” Heechul told… “Hopefully we can go home tomorrow….” Jaejoong stared at his mother for a while as Heechul sat back in the seat beside Jaejoong…

 

“Umma…

 

“What is it baby….” Heechul asked looking up….

 

Jaejoong shock his head. “Nothing….” Jaejoong didn’t know how to say it, he rolled over on his side. Speaking in no more than a whimper…, “I’m Happy you’re my Umma….

 

Heechul didn’t know what to say or if Jaejoong wanted him to hear it but he did and  it was words Heechul wanted to hear  words said with pure love….” But Heechul couldn’t let it pass he got up from his seat and leaned over Jaejoong and Hugged him, "we love you, Jaejoong. We love you with all our hearts, You father…. You brother…. And I love you…remember that Jaejoong always….," 

 

_________________________________________________

 

 

 

 Sorry Guys I don'y have as much time to write and I us too.....

But I still want to do my best so please accept  how greatful I am.

if it wasn't for you I wouldn't write storys so

Thank you

Thank  you  readers for supporting my story and for subcribing, 

these our thing that mean a lot to me as well as the  upvotes.

 

I hope you won't  forget to drop a comment
Because  you know your comment

encourage me to improve and write alot better for you guys

THANK YOU