Chapter 29

Challenges in Life

beta thanks to aenkr28

___________________________

Chapter 29

 

“Umma you’re being unreasonable again!” Changmin protested at his mother, he really wished it was his father giving out the punishment, in Changmin’s terms, his father was more lenient when it comes down to him being in trouble. Changmin followed his mother who was busy surveying the damage in his home after the party his two elder boys had thrown. Leeteuk stared to one of his most favourite painting on the wall. Someone had written on it…

 

“You think I’m being unreasonable?” Changmin look at the state of the place, “do you realize how much this painting cost, or the living room suite. Look at all the damage!” He shook his head, “Changmin my word is final you and Yunho are grounded for two months.”

“But that’s so unfair…”

“No is no… And you’re lucky it’s not longer…”

“But...”

“Do you want it to be until forward notice? Was with the mood I’m in it could be arranged,” He watched Changmin attempt to protest, “No computer, no TV, no mobile phone, and after school your to come straight home and help me around the house and before you even start, I don’t want to hear any more about it… now go clean up the mess the party you caused, you’re lucky Jaejoong wasn’t here last night.”

“Why is Taemin not grounded, he was here to?”

“Changmin enough!”

“What? Did he rat on us or something?”

“Changmin you really don’t know when to stop do you, Taemin wasn’t supposed to be here last night, the only reason he was because his practice was cancelled.”

“Are you sure about that Umma? What if Tae lied to you so he could stay…” Leeteuk was so frustrated at his son. “Changmin would you please get out of my sight I’m done talking about this, got it!?” He walked back into the living room seeing Taemin helping Yunho gathering up the plastic cups. “Changmin you are not to leave this room until it’s spotless.” Leeteuk left the boys and made his way to the kitchen, gathering up the leftover food and throwing it into the bin. “God I swear that kid just does not know when to stop… all he ever does is get into trouble after trouble.”

Kangin was close enough to the living room down hearing Changmin telling Yunho there was no life of them being grounded.

“Aren’t you being a bit harsh on him?”

“No, he needs to learn some respect. He has no respect for me at all,” he sat at the table and placed his head in his hand, “How much do you think it would cost to fix that painting?”

 

“Probably a lot more than we could afford, but I’ll see what I can do…” Kangin placed his hand on his wife’s shoulder giving a light squeeze.

“Both me and you, that just after Yunho was born, it has so many memories attached to it…” He smiled thinking back.. before his face turned sour. “Did I raise them wrong?”

“Don’t judge you’re parenting skill, kids will always test boundary. You were no different at his age, beside if I’m not mistaken didn’t you throw a wild party yourself at his age?”

“Yeah and I was ground for almost a year. My parent never let me out of their sight after that night, he should be grateful it’s only two months, that will go by in a snap.”

“I doubt it!” Kangin commented, “That’s a long time when you’re a teenage.”

“Do I need to remind you of the state of the place when we got home, I would have been so ashamed if we brought Donghae and Siwon back here.” He thought about it, “Jae’s supposed to be coming home soon and from what Heechul said he need to rest after the presider.”

Kangin sat beside his wife, “That boy hasn’t had it easy.”

“Easy that’s an understatement, he’s had it tougher than most. It still sicken me what that boy has gone through. When I look at him, all I ever see is are boys. More so Taemin, he’s the same age as Jaejoong, I’d hate to image anything like that happening to him. Not just the cancer, the other stuff as well.” His thought lingered to how much the Choi family must have suffered, “I’m glad their back and that we can help out, watching Jaejoong learning, copping to get through a day is breathtaking at time, especially with everything we know about what happened. Well I hope so, he’s still so young, a teenage not yet a man, yet he’s had more to deal with than most adult have. When I look at him, all I see is a young man…”

“With the weight of the world on his shoulder.” Kangin finished, he thought the same. Leeteuk nodded. “I’d hate if any of my children to have to go through what Jaejoong gone through. To think this has been going on since he was barely a new-born.”

“You know I’ve always wondered about that man, the man that left him here.” Leeteuk thought about it, “I always wondered did social service ever find him. I know Jaejoong adopted now, but... And Heechul and Siwon are probably the best parents he could ever have but I’ve always wondered...”

“I thought about it too, when Jaejoong was three and we learnt he had cancer. I always thought if that man was a match and was Jaejoong real father, they would have found a match quicker. Maybe they wouldn’t have had to moved to America, then none of this probably wouldn’t have happened.”

“Wait, Jaejoong was adopted?” Leeteuk and Kangin turned to the voice to see that Yunho and Taemin staring at them, it was Taemin that spoke.

“Hmm he is adopted.” Kangin answered, he knew they probably shouldn’t have been talking about it a few feet from their sons, but they weren’t thinking. “Yunho Taemin… your mother and I would be appreciate if this didn’t get back to Jaejoong, I will ask you to keep this to yourselves.”

“But How? Why? I thought Heechul Umma was his mother.” Taemin blurted out.

 

“Yunho, Taemin sit down.” Leeteuk told him sons. “Wait I better get Changmin too…” Kangin sat opposite side of the boys. “Now you boys need to understand, that under no circumstances are you to tell Jaejoong, we are only telling you so you understand Jaejoong situation a little more, “ It wasn’t until Changmin sat down did both their parent continued. They told them everything right down to the point the man thought their father was Jaejoong father.

“So you’re not…?” Changmin asked bluntly.

“No, unfortunately you boy are my only children. Though I would have wanted to at least have a daughter, but I would never cheat on your mothers.” Kangin reached out and cupped Leeteuk hand giving it a light squeeze.

“Three boys were enough.”

“I still would have liked a daughter.”

“I don’t get it, why would he just leave him here? He had no clue if Appa was his father, that’s like you leaving me with a group of strangers.” Taemin looked to Yunho, “Did you know any of this Hyung, you’ve been over protective of Jaejoong lately?”

“Why would I know!” Yunho wasn’t going to admit he knew other things that sometimes made his skin crawl.

“Yunho just following our wishes to watch over Jaejoong, Tae.” Leeteuk did his best to cover it up.

“Why haven’t they told him? Yet surely they should have…”

“They had planned to tell him… but it was just one of those things you leave out when you fear losing a loved one from…”

“Cancer.” Yunho interrupted and having problem in school.

“Hmm!” Leeteuk nodded.

“Jaejoong hasn’t had it easy over the years, but because of Heechul and Siwon, Jaejoong got a family that he needed. And Heechul and Siwon got the second child they always wanted.”

“Okay so let me get this straight Jaejoong adopted yet he doesn’t know and… How are they his parent if Jaejoong was left on our door step?”

“They were here that day, it was just after Yunho 3rd birthday, they couldn’t come on the day so they came over to give their gift. Heechul’s heart  melted at first sight but it wasn’t until a couple of mouth later didn’t become permanent, they were his parents.”

“Umma, if they hadn’t adopted him what would have happen?”

“I don’t know, he probably would have went to a different family.”

“Would you not have considered on taking him.” Leetuek hadn’t never expected to hear a question like that.

 

If the timing was right maybe… but Yunho was in his troublesome threes and Changmin had just e and Tae you would be born in a matter of months. “If you asked me back then the answer would have been no. As much as it breaks me, you three had to come first, but I never stopped thinking about him. And when Heechul and Siwon told me they were thinking about adopting Jaejoong to the tell the truth, I was relieved it meant I could watch over him for afar. It was a long case, but in the end the courts granted Heechul and Siwon the rights to the child and Donghae got a little brother…” Leeteuk stopped and turned his head to the door leading to the front he could hear movement, “None of this is to mention to Jaejoong or Donghae. Now Yunho, Changmin return to the living room…” Leeteuk ordered his sons before getting up and heading in the directing of the door.

“Well how’d it go?” Leeteuk looked to Heechul and then to Jaejoong standing close beside him Jaejoong was lightly leaning on his mother taking pressure off himself steps

 

“We got the all clear.” Heechul smiled just before Leeteuk in embraced him and then Jaejoong, only for a second realising he might be inflecting pain…

“Sorry I forgot…”

“It’s okay.” Heechul looked to Jaejoong seeing a flicker on pain. He whispered “You sure?” Jaejoong nodded before asking. “Umma can I show hyung Jjiji…”

“Go on, but I want you to lie down for a while” Heechul mouthed over Jaejoong to his husband who looked in a state of confusion, wondering who Jiji was… “He has a pet!”

Who jiji Jae?”

“I’ll show you.” Jaejjoong and Donghae left their parents, following Jaejoong upstairs to his room. Heechul reminded Siwon of the midnight stroll Jaejoong had taken, and informed him of the little furry friend he picked up.

“So…you let him keep it?” Siwon asked.

“I had little choice in the matter, Jae found comfort in the little cat.” Heechul smiled. “Who was I to take that away? Beside that little fur ball help me a great deal when Jaejoong had a panic attack. Jaejoong come a long away, it’s everything we hope.”

“And still do…” Siwon hugged his wife. He was realising what Heechul was saying but know he had to view the change in Jaejoong himself, he still feared the day… Jaejoong would someday leave then that was one nightmare he couldn’t escape…

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 Finally an update i can upload.... thank you all for your paient

please comment for the next