Chapter 4

Challenges in Life

Un-beta 

_________________________________________

Chapter 4

 

 

“What's with him tonight?” Siwon got out of bed when Heechul kicked him. He the side light. Jaejoong had been crying all through the night.

 

Heechul yawned, “Maybe he’s teeth coming in,” Heechul turned over, “You go and see him and I’ll get the medicine and his teething ring from the fridge.” Heechul got his robe before going downstairs while Siwon made his way to the baby room, the sound of Jaejoong’s cries only echo as he got close to the room. Jaejoong was standing up in his crib as Siwon approached.

“What’s wrong? I’m coming Jae,” Siwon rushed into Jaejoong’s room and raised him from his crib. “ Hmm… What’s wrong with my little man, is it your teeth?” Siwon put his finger into Jaejoong’s mouth wondering was it another tooth popping up. He couldn’t find anything, “Nope, not your diaper either it’s completely dry. So… what’s the matter little one? Was it a nightmare? It’s alright Jaejoong Appa’s here,” he cooed to Jaejoong as Heechul came into the room, holding a bottle, the teething ring and the medicine, Siwon continued to rub Jaejoong’s back, hoping it would calm the little one down.   

 

“Look, Umma got you a bottle…” Siwon took the bottle from Heechul and tried to get Jaejoong to drink it, but it didn’t work he continued to cry until Heechul finally got the medicine into his mouth, they waited 15 minute until Jaejoong cries began to soften. He finally snuggled into his father and drank the bottle.

“Heechul you should go back to bed, I’ll stay with him until he goes.” Heechul kissed him on the cheek before going to check on Donghae, hoping Jaejoong’s cries hadn’t woken him up. Siwon waited until Jaejoong finished the bottle before putting his back into the crib. But the minute he did, Jaejoong began to whimper again, he sighed, “What’s wrong now? Are you over tired… it that it?” Siwon picked him back up. Siwon took Jaejoong back to his room and placed Jaejoong on the bed beside Heechul who was staring at him.

 

“Are you going out?”

 

“I’m going to drive Jaejoong around, he usually sleep when we drive him around.” Heechul was patting Jaejoong’s bum as he rolled around on the bed.

 

“Aren’t you a little teary this morning?” His jacket was on the living room couch.

 

“Okay… come on little one, time for a drive.” Siwon picked him up. It was only 15 minutes drive when Jaejoong was asleep, Siwon drove around for another 10 minutes just to make sure he was complete asleep… it was 5:15 by the time he got home. Which didn’t give him much sleeping time as he had to be up for work, which meant he had to leave around 7:30 for work. He took Jaejoong back to their bedroom and laid him between them… he want to get the most of the little time he had left.

 

****

 

 It was just 8 in the morning and Heechul already had his hand full, Jaejoong was screaming the house down, he had refused to eat his breakfast and when Heechul got him dress he continued to cry. Siwon has already left for work so that left Heechul with the kids, which meant getting five year sold ready for playschool (Kindergarten) and a two years old who was teething badly or so he thought.

 

“Donghae you ready yet?” Heechul called up the stairs, as Donghae ran up to get his backpack. Heechul turned his attention to Jaejoong in his arm. “Baby, what’s the matter with you?” Heechul felt Jaejoong forehead. He didn’t have a fever… but he wouldn’t stop crying. He place Jaejoong on the ground, and followed him around the house.. He noticed Jaejoong was looking for something.

 

“Umma, I’m ready…” Donghae ran down the stairs.

 

“Coming!” Heechul picked up Jaejoong and they were out the door. As Donghae sat in the back, he tried to cheer up his little brother… but nothing works. “Have a good day.” Heechul drop Donghae off at his class room, most of the other parents were staring at him… as Jaejoong cried. Heechul was supposed to meet Leeteuk to go clothes shopping for the kids, but the way Jaejoong was acting, it didn’t seem like a very good idea. He drove around for an hour trying to settle him, but it didn’t work. He pulled up outside the shopping centre, and placed Jaejoong into his buggy… His eyes were red and his nose was running, Heechul took a wet wipe from the baby’s bags and wiped Jaejoong’s face…” he pushed the buggy through the centre of the shop until he spotted Leeteuk sitting in the food hall… with his own two… Changmin playing with his toy and Taemin enjoying his yoghurt… as Leeteuk spoon feed him.

 

“Sorry I’m late.”

 

“It’d fine… We started without you, Yunho Changmin was hungry,” Leeteuk looked at Heechul… “You look tired.”

 

“Jaejoong kept us up all night… and now he’s still crying… I think he’s teething.” Leeteuk took something out of his bag. He held it out to Jaejoong.

“I think this belongs to you!” he held out a stuffed elephant to Jaejoong, who open his eyes slightly before taking it back into his hand. He finally stopped crying… and laughing now. Heechul now knew for Jaejoong’s tantrum. “I found this last night when I took the boys’ toys out of the car.”

 

“It all make sense now…” Heechul turned the buggy towards him as he sat down… “Are you happy now? You have you friend back… Will you eat something for Umma now?” Heechul took some baby snacks out of his bag, before sitting Jaejoong on his lap.

 

“I’ll get you some coffee… do you want me to get them to heat up milk for him?” Leetuek already had Taemin’s bottle in his hand, while Heechul handed him Jaejoong’s as he got up and went over to the restaurant and asked the staff… Heechul place a container of fresh strawberry and raspberry in front of Jaejoong, who munched them happily. He placed a few in front of Changmin… as he looked interest in them. He also gave Taemin a big strawberry, who bit into it excitedly. Leeteuk came back with the tray and place it in front of them he handed Heechul Jaejoong’s bottle.

 

“Thanks,” Heechul took the bottle as Jaejoong kicked his feet happily from being reunited with his friend. “Wait until your Appa hears why you were screaming all through the night.” He bounced Jaejoong on his knee.

 

“I got you and extra espresso in you latte,” Leeteuk said as he took a sip of his own before open Taemin’s bottle. “Are you enjoying your strawberry?” Taemin shook it around with his tubby little fingers, taking a bit as he was going. Heechul and Leeteuk finished the coffee and made sure the kids were comfortable before looking around the shops. Jaejoong began his settled self… kicking his feet.

 

“Umma… I want to see that,” Changmin point at one of the advertisement in the shop.

 

“Can you wait until hyung finished playschool?” he knew how upset Yunho would be if they went without him, not to mention it wasn’t a good idea… with Taemin, he was only one and a half. He probably get bored after having sat too long or cry through the whole thing, either one usually happens. “Changmin if you be good, Umma will bring you at the weekend with Yunho, is that okay?”

 

Changmin nodded taking hold of mother’s trousers. As they walked arond picking up clothes on the way. Heechul had to pick up new jammies for both Donghae and Jaejoong… as well as new shoes for Jaejoong. Before heading to the counter to pay as they were about to be aparted, having to pick up their other children, Leeteuk offer to take Donghae to the pictures with his two at the weekend, while Heechul agreed to take Taemin for the day.  

 

As he put Jaejoong into the back, he told him, “You’re going to have fun with Taemin at the weekend, aren’t you?” he kissed Jaejoong. “Umma sorry for not realizing your friend was missing , baby. Will you forgive Umma and Appa?” Jaejoong just laughed, not understanding what the mother was saying to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 the joys of having a baby....... ^_^

comment of the next update