Chapter 2

Challenges in Life

beta thanks to aenkr28

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

 

“Siwon, you don’t mind watching Donghae do you? I have a few things I need to do in town, and it would go a lot easier and quicker if he wasn’t with me…” Heechul sat on the side of his bed putting on his shoes. Siwon was still in bed, as it was only seven in the morning.

 

“Don’t worry Heechul, Donghae and I will have a fun day today.”

 

“Thanks… I don’t think I will be to long. Make sure when Donghae get up, he eats all his breakfast, he fell asleep through dinner last night, and never touched his plate,” Heechul kissed his husband. “I’ll see you later.” Heechul left. Siwon was curious as to why his wife was so determine to leave so early. He goes out every day this week, and today seen to be no exception even though Siwon had no work today. Siwon went to Donghae’s room, he planned to follow Heechul but he hadn’t plan on having Donghae home alone. He got his son dress quickly although he was still asleep and lean him onto his shoulder, placing a blanket on his back before bring him to the car… he had to be quick if he want to follow Heechul. He took Donghae’s sippy cup from the container filled it with some milk, along with a few piece of fruits for Donghae to eat in the car when he woke up. He hurried out the door putting his son in the back seat and putting a seatbelt, before he made his way in the front. It only took him ten minutes to catch up with Heechul as he drove through the town. It was only when he passed it and came across a building just outside Seoul, He looked around for anything to indicated where he was headed…

 

He watched his wife’s car pull up outside the building… before he headed for the boot pulling out a few bags before heading into the... Siwon stared at the building from his car unsure to venture in he turned to look into the back to see Donghae staring up at him. Siwon handed him his Sippy cup.

 

“Appa where are we going?” Donghae asked, taking a sip.

 

“Hmm… we’re waiting for Umma.”

 

“ Okay,” Donghae nodded he head kicking his feet happily, “Appa, you forgot my shoes…” Siwon looked into the back, he had forgotten the shoes.

 

“Don’t worry about it here… eat some fruits…” Siwon opened the container and handed him piece by piece. It was a safer that way, than handing him the whole lot. They sat outside of a while waiting for Heechul to appear from the building, but that never came, Siwon finally made the decision to go in. “Come here little man,” Siwon lifted Donghae into his arms… knowing Heechul would probably kill him if he tells Donghae to walk on the ground in just socks. As he walked in, he was greet by a woman behind the desk, the woman’s eye darted at Donghae fearing the worst… but when Siwon spoke, so did her facial expression. “I’m looking for my wife… he came in not too long ago.”

 

“Is he a volunteer?”

 

“Volunteer?”

 

“Yes,” the woman answer clearly. “Volunteer to help out with the kids. Your wife name would be…?”

 

“Choi Heechul…”

 

“Awh… yes please this way… he’s in the nursery with the little ones.” She lead Siwon and Donghae up a flight of stairs and down to the last door on her left. The woman was talking none stop, not giving Siwon a chance to answer any of her question. “Your wife has been a big help… With the little one that arrived… Poor little dear didn’t know how to eat when he arrived, didn’t matter how hard we tried, he wouldn’t do it for us… we had to get a doctor to put a tube into his nose to feed him. But your wife seem to be able to get him to drink…” she lead him right to the window looking into the room. His wife was sitting in a rocking chair, singing to the little one as he le down the bottle.

 

“The baby has really taken a liking to your wife. One of our other volunteers picked him up yesterday, poor thing cried his eyes out.” Siwon thought about it, Heechul was working yesterday… so he probably hadn’t come, but he was late coming home. Siwon had to pick Donghae up from the day care… “Go on in, I have to get back to the front.” The woman bow before making her way back down the hall to go downstairs. Siwon walked into the room, he didn’t say anything at first just listening to Heechul’s sweet voice, singing to the little one. It seemed as Heechul hadn’t noticed him coming into the room, he walked up behind Heechul and looked down at the little one he was holding… when Heechul ended the song, Siwon finally spoked.

 

“You used to always sing that to Donghae when he was a baby. Still do when you want him to sleep.” Heechul looked up.

 

“How did you—”

 

“Okay I admit it I followed you, you’ve been acting weirder than usual. And I was curious as to where you were going. Is that the little one from Leetuek and Kangin’s house?” Heechul nodded.

 

“I couldn’t get him out of my mind. How could that man and just assumed that he was Kangin’s son… for all he knows. This little one was his own son…”

 

Siwon put Donghae onto the ground… who walked around to look at the baby in his mother arms.

 

“Baby!” Donghae called out to Heechul who tilted the baby so Donghae could get a better look at the little one. “Umma, baby is cute!” He touched the baby’s pudgy check.

****

 

 He remembered the look on his wife gave, when they left the orphanage, and who he looked back not once but twice… just to have his heart melt. It was later that night Siwon knew what he had to do… he had talked into the night with Heechul discussing the possible for the child, as they didn’t want him to go to just any home or any family.

 

The next morning, after having a deep conversation with Heechul last night. He turned to his wife sleeping beside him making him smiled he thought back to the days when they thought about having another child was possible, jow happy Heechul was when he was told he was pregnant and then the next day they lost it… how devastated they both were when their little was gone. Siwon brushed Heechul’s hair away that was falling over his eyes. Heechul stirred slightly making Siwon pull his hand back, he was happy that Heechul remained a sleep. Siwon slid off the bed, and went down stair…   He went to his laptop in the den and began looking for what he needed before researching for the phone to give the adoption agency a call.

“Hello, we are XXXX Child Service Centre. If you have questions on adoption, please press 1… if you want to adopt, please press 2...” Siwon pressed one. He had looked into it before adopting, but hadn’t told Heechul about it as it wasn’t the right time. He allowed the phone to ring until a high-pitched voice answered.


“Uhm, hello. My name is Choi Siwon. I have a query about adoption?”

“Yes sir?”


“My wife and I are thinking of adopting…”

 

“Oh that’s wonderful news.”

 

"We have already found the perfect little boy to join our family, I need detail on the forms and the adoption process.”


“Of course, sir! As you know, Adoption is the process whereby a child becomes a member of your family. It creates a permanent, legal relationship between the adoptive parents you and the child. Or you to adopt a child, the first step you and your wife will need to do is fill in the application about you interest. Your Application will be considered by an adoption agency and will undergo a detailed assessment. These assessment takes place over a period of time, ranging from 6 to 12 months, sometimes longer. The purpose of this assessment is to establish applicants' suitability as prospective adoptive parents. The assessment is carried out by one of the agency's social workers. It includes a number of interviews and home visits.  And as an  applicants you are required to undergo a medical examination.”

 

The more the woman talked, the deeper Siwon heart sank… 6 months maybe even more for the baby, he didn’t know if Heechul or himself had the heart to wait that long, he wanted the baby to be with them now.

 

“Thank you…” Siwon hung up he needed to talk to Heechul. He wondered was there any way he could hurry the process. Siwon hung up and shook his head, he looked at his watch as he was up, he thought he might as well start breakfast although he wasn’t a good cook as Heechul.

It wasn’t long until Heechul came down with Donghae in his arms. “Good morning Heechul and my little one.”  Siwon turned around to them as Heechul put Donghae into his chair and pushed him into the table so he wouldn’t fall “Morning Siwon. What has got you up so early?”

 

“Oh I had a few things to do before I go to work.” Heechul came up behind Siwon and rubbed his hand along his back before tilting his head up to kiss his husband.

“What are you making?” Heechul asked, as he began to fill Donghae’s sippy cup.

“Pancakes, it’s all I can make without burning them.” Heechul chuckled while taking the cup over to their three years old. “Donghae, appa’s making you a really good treat for breakfast…” After they'd finished eating there breakfast, Siwon decided to ask, “Heechul how would you feel about adopting that little boy?” Heechul dropped his glass back onto the table, while Siwon took hold of his hand.

 

“Our you serious Siwon?” Siwon nodded.

 

“I thought about it after seeing how you looked at that little one, and at how that little one made me feel too. But I want you to know it could take months before we’re approved. Do you still want to do it?”

 

“Yes… I…”

 

“I’m going to see if I can hurry the adoption along… I have a friend that works for child service… I’m hoping she can help us. The woman over the phone said it could be month’s maybe even a year until we can bring him home…” Heechul hugged Siwon tightly.

 

“Thank you Siwon, you have no idea how much this means to me…” he turned to Donghae, “Donghae… how you would feel about having a little brother?”

 

****

 

“Heechul hurry up, we’re going to be late!” Siwon called into the house. They had dropped Donghae off at the Jung’s house last night so they wouldn’t be late today, they had waited over four months for this day to come, they had been visiting the little constantly, taking him out for a day… it broke their heart having to bring him back each time… but now they could finally bring him home they had been to the court to sign the last few papers… he was finally theirs, the little one.

 

“We won’t be late… I was just making sure his room is ready for him.” Siwon had begun to build up the crib again for the new addition to the family painted the room   a neutral and nurturing colour… just for the little one.

 

“You can do that when we get him home.”

 

Heechul was too excited, they had waited for months after their first meeting with the agency for this day, Heechul couldn’t help but make sure everything was ready for the arrival for the baby into the house. He checked the baby seat in the back of the car before they drove to the orphanage. It wasn’t long until they were both in the waiting room holding each other’s hand. They both stood up as the door open, and woman is a pale green dress walked in carrying the baby boy, from the minute they were handed the baby they knew straight away he was theirs. The staff at the orphanage had come to know Heechul and Siwon so well, they were thrilled for the couple, as the baby was passed to them, Heechul took him into his arms gently.

 

Heechul and Siwon talked to the baby the entire time… they still had one last document to sign. They both sighed as quickly as they could. The left the orphanage with their baby. After Siwon dropped Heechul home to get the baby settle… he had to pick up Donghae… apparently he had been crying all morning… for his parent. As soon as he was home he went up to the baby room to where his mother was, cooing over the crib… Donghae ran up to him, holding a gift bag in hand.

 

“Umma… Umma... Present for baby…” Heechul looked down and hugged his son, “Awh… this is for the baby?” He took it from Donghae and looked inside to see a stuff elephant. He placed it in the crib beside the baby… before lifting Donghae to look over the crib.

 

“Donghae is this you little brother,” Heechul told him as Siwon came up behind them. Siwon embraced his family looking down at the little one kick his legs excitedly.

 

“Welcome home, Choi Jaejoong!!!”

 

 


_______________________________________________________________________________________

sorry i haven't updated... i'bve been in bed sickk for the last few days. finally managed to writing this... i hope you enjoy

 

 

P.s. Thank you to the subscribers to my new story!  thanks for the support!

Also don't be afraid to leave a comments!