Chapter 48

Challenges in Life

beta thanks to aenkr28

_________________________________________
 

Chapter 48

 

Heechul pulled his chair closer to the bed; Siwon was on the other side while Heechul began to caress his son’s cheek. They were so soft and flawless like silk that hadn’t changed. “Please recover soon,” Heechul spoke to him. They had learned after Jaejoong had been admitted that his blood platelets had dropped, and he had to get treatment straight away to get it under control. They were told he would have to be admitted for a few days, Heechul looked at the IV attached to him he was sleeping soundly, “Siwon hes not good, it progressing faster than it did before.” he thought about it. they were told because Jaejoong health was dropping wrappetly  they would stop Chemo for the the week so he can build himself back up..."

“I know.” was all he could say he had to hope a match would arrive soon.

“I saw him today.” Heechul blurted out, not taking his gaze off his son.

“Who?”

“T-that man… Siwon was trying to think ‘what man?’ it was then Heechul continued. “The man that brought Jaejoong into our lives,” Siwon was in shock looking at his wife.

“When? Where?

“At the school, I saw him just before…” Siwon knew, “He looked as shocked as I was to see him.” Heechul got up from where he was and smoothed out the blanket around Jaejoong he took one last look before looking toward Siwon. The note of tears in his eyes was visible Heechul turned to head out the door. Siwon followed behind. Maybe it was a better idea if they didn’t speak over their son. They went to one of the vacant waiting room and discussed it.

“He could be a match.” Heechul told him as he held himself in the comfort of his own arms as he .

“Yeah he could, but he abandoned Jaejoong.

“ I don't care about that know... if he could help..... all I want is Jaejoong to get treatment, Siwon we don’t have time, Jaejoong doesn’t have that sort of time. We have to think about this.”

“Heechul we may never see him again.

“I think I know where to find him, I thought I saw him a few weeks back. But I wasn’t sure it was him, maybe I thought my mind was playing tricks on me or something.

“Why didn’t you tell me?

“Because I was still processing our son had leukaemia.” Heechul throw his hands up into the arm making his point, “I hadn’t thought about him until tonight, Jaejoong is my only concern Siwon.” This was turning into an argument. Siown was pacing the room contemplating thought in his mind. “Siwon talk to me, I don’t know what to do…

“And I do, Jaejoong my son too… this is not just hard on you, you know. Where all in this Heechul, including Donghae or have you forgotten the impact this is having on him?

“Of course I haven’t. Don’t you ever say that to me!” Heechul stood up to take ground shouting, “I only want what best for them! Haven’t we been through this?”

“You should have told me all this the minute you saw him.

“I wasn’t even sure it was him until I seen him again tonight. The worst part of it I think is I think he Junsu’s father.” Siwon stopped pacing to look at him.

“What?”

“I could be wrong but that wasn’t the first time I saw him, we drop Junsu home that night remember.” Heechul sat back down. “Leetuek mentioned Junsu’s mother worked at Kangin’s company. Remember how he thought Kangin was Jaejoong’s father?

“But we already know Kangin’s not…

“I know, but he thought he was and from the feeling I get Leetuek was close enough to know him. What if he just saw Kangin and her speaking about anything and miss judged?

“So what do we do?

“If he is the only chance of Jaejoong recovering, we need to seek him out. Talk to him.

“This could be opening a whole different can of worms you know that right?”

“I know, this will impact all are lives… not just you, me, Jaejoong them as well. I can’t lose Jaejoong, Siwon. I don’t want to lose my son, we need to find a match. Siwon cupped Heechul into his arms, he was sorry he shouted, but they both need to let out some build up tension who better than one another to take it. Siwon pulled away.

“Siwon.” Heechul called out to him.

“Give me a minute to think.” Siwon turned and exit out the door. Heechul wanted to follow but someone had to stay here to be with Jaejoong.

****

Arcoss the city there were a few people still awake in the Jung household, Yunho was in his room worrying to death about Jaejoong. When he returned home he just wanted to be alone he went to his room and hadn’t come out. Leeteuk and Kangin were sitting up in the living room. Both worried concern when Leeteuk’s phone rang.

“Heechul what’s wrong?

What? I’m coming hold on.”

Kangin looked at his wife, “What happened, is it Jaejoong?

“They had an argument, Siwon said he needed time to think and let the hospital, Heechul tearing himself apart he needs someone to be with him.

“Do you need me to look for Siwon?

“What about the kids?

“Theyre old enough, they can look after themselves. I’ll drop you off at the hospital. That night had been long, Kangin found Siwon not to far from the hospital sitting on a bench. He told Kangin what Heechul told him. While in the hospital  Heechul told Leeteuk everything.

“I’ll go with you, if you want to confront him.”

“I do, if it saves Jaejoong I don’t care. I just don’t want to watch my son die anymore.” Leeteuk held Heechul until Siwon returned he looked sadden just like Heechul. The two cupped one another in each other’s arms apologizing to one another. It wasn’t until the four of them sat down that they tried to think how to approach it. First  thing make sure it was him.

 

****

When they return to the room, Jaejoong was still out, he was like this for most of the morning, but anyone who seen him could see the exhaustion even on his body. It was only gone when Jaejoong began to wake. “Jaejoong sweetie.” Heechul kiss his forehead,  if he had enought head he would have been his back away from his face but in send he rubbed his cheek. “You had a good sleep?” Heechul noticed the sad glint in Jaejoong’s eyes.“How do you feel Jae?”

“Umma…” Jaejoong called out.

“What is it?” He smiled, “I’m right here Jaejoong, your Appa too.

“Umma, I’m… I’m - I’m afraid if I die” his voice trembles. He could just make out the sound of gasp from his parents. “Don’t speak like that honey, you’re going to be fine.

“U-ah...” Jaejoong shook his head shaking his head harshly.

“No, Jaejoong you won’t die, we won’t let you. You have so much to live for.” Heechul could feel his emotion building. They both knew Jaejoong had a front. But that front could crumble and right now Jaejoong was. His worse fear taking over, he felt a slight sting within his nose as he tried to hold back the tears. He looked at Siwon sooner or later he’d break down.

“J-joongie” his father called.

“You haven’t called me that in a while.

“Listen to your mother, you going to recover… you just going to have to be here for awhile.” It was Siwon who wiped his son’s tears from his cheeks. For the days that follow Jaejoong became confined to the hospital. Jaejoong hated hospitals, they could be the most lonely places, though it was full of people. Jaejoong awoke most morning feeling worse than the day before. He had been confined to his room for three days already. Taking painful medication. It was frustrating being here, seeing the same bland white washed wall. Jaejoong closed his eye when he turned when the door opened. He must have fallen asleep as when he awoke again Yunho was beside him.

“You’ve had a rough day, your mom said…

Jaejoong nodded,a week had past and Jaejoong had started chemo again, when be begun chemo again it was easier to sleep when he wasn’t throwing up. He felt so weak and sick he barely managed to empty his stomach into the basin beside his bed. Yunho held a glass to his lips.

“Where’s my Umma?

“Getting something to eat, I said I’d stay with you.”

In Yunho’s eyes Jaejoong looked miserable, his cheek slightly flushed from the medication. Yunho listened to Jaejoong’s unsteady breathing, it sounded like it was a great effort to that a simple breath.

“Should I get a nurse, your mom?” Jaejoong shook his head no.

“It’s okay, I’ve been sick like this all day. Jaejoong told him.

“You should sleep.” Jaejoong looked tired his eyes drooping he only woken for 15 minutes before sleep took him again. It hurts Yunho so much watching it. Jaejoong was so ill, the more time he spent with him the more Yunho saw it. Even though Jaejoong didn’t want to sleep, it fell upon him. Yunho kissed his lips. They felt cold and chapped, Yunho took a container from his pocket and placed it on Jaejoong lips. “You can fight this Jaejoong I know, you’re meant to be with me. I won’t let you leave me. I-I Love you…

Today was the day Jaejoong felt in and out of sleep at a moment notice. He awoke due to the nausea in his stomach. He turned his gaze and find his brother in the chair beside him with his school uniform minus the tie. He didn’t have time to speak when he turned sideways on the bed to vomit. He must have woken Donghae as the next thing he felt was Donghae hand on his back. When he was finished Donghae helped clean Jaejoong face before helping him lie back down. Donghae held onto a tender gaze when he looked at his brother.

“You have to stop scaring me to death, you know. Are you trying to kill me?” Donghae said quietly. “Umma and Appa had to leave for a while.” Jaejoong nodded. “I hope you don’t mind me been here, I know you don’t like me seeing this but Jae, I want to be here for you.” Donghae held onto his hand keeping his gaze on  his brother. "I know i wasn't their before.... Jaejoong reached out hand to his brother, Donghae held it as Jaejoong held his gaze just for a moment.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________--

 

Sooon...... so Soon.....

Hope you enjoy this chapter... I hope it keeps you intrigued

 

Comment for the next or if you want me to update soon :)