Chapter 17

Challenges in Life

Beta thank to aenkr28

______________________________________

Chapter 17

 

 

Heechul watched his son walk around the store picking up items and putting the back. “Jae, if you want something we can get it, stop worrying about money and be a kid for once in your life,” Heechul told his son knowing how fully reserved his son could be when it came to money. “What about a new sketch book..? The last one must be pretty full right?” Heechul picked up a hardback sketch book.

 

 

“Hyung got me one before we left the states,” Jaejoong told him mother.

 

 

“Ohh… right… that was nice of him. What about some pastels?”

 

 

“Appa got me some” Heechul sighed, “Well pick something you don’t have and I’ll get it for you...”

 

 

“But I don’t really need anything Umma, there no point in wasting you money…” Heechul brushed his hand across the side of his face. “Beside you’ll probably have to get me a school uniform.  And book for school…”

 

“So you’re open to the idea of going back to school?” Heechul asked it was the first Jaejoong had brought up the topic. It was usually Heechul or Siwon hinted about it. Maybe some of the hints had finally snuck in. “I’m hoping I can get you into the school your father and I went to. Leeteuk sends his kids there, would you like that?”

 

“ I-I I really don’t know… I don’t want to go back to school. People are going to think I’m so weird.”

 

 

“Why would people think you are weird?’ Heechul asked, “You look like any other kids to me, the only difference there is you hold a special place in my heart. Besides Jae, they don’t even know you. Let’s give them a try before you condemn them, nah.” Heechul walked away but not far enough to not hear his son say.

 

 

There’s no point I’m always treated different… people just don’t like me…

 

Heechul wanted to cry here his son say something like that. He remember back to those times

 

Flashback

“Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I won’t go to school! You can’t make me” Jaejoong screamed at his dad through his locked bedroom door. Siwon stood out the door his hand on the door.

 

“Jaejoong come on you agreed when you left the hospital you’d try…”

 

“I’m not going back.”

 

“Why not Joonngie? You have so many things to learn in school and you can make new friends and fun with them.”

“Learn what? Umma already teaches me everything I need to know and I don’t want to make new friends, there all the same! I want to stay at home… here where is safe…” he only mutter the last bit so only he could hear it. “Don’t make me Appa… Don’t make me...”

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“I’ll…”

 

 

“You’ll what Jae? Jaejoong open this door this instant.” Siwon listen for any sound, he could just make out the mumbling from the other side of the door. Siwon turned when he hear a door from across the hall.

 

“Appa, is still not coming out?Do you want me to try” Donghae asked thinking maybe he could get throught to his little brother, the memories of what he saw that day were etched inside is head. He didn’t understand why his little brother did that to himself, “Jae can you open the door for hyung?” Donghae knocked on the door, “Jaejoong do you want me to get Umma for you?”

 

“No, go away hyung,” Jaejoong protested.

 

“Jaejoong come out, you now how much we hate it when you do this. You promised us you woudn't lock your door.....? Jae for heaven sakes open this door…”

 

“Donghae stop it no use, could you go downstairs and get you mother? Do you know anything to why he’s like this?” Siwon asked Donghae as Siwon stood outside the door listening.

 

 

"No.... he seem okay with everything yesterday..... " Donghae told his fater as he made his way down stair to get their mother.

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“Go away, leave me alone!”

 

“I can’t do that Jae… how can I leave when your like this, can you please open the door?” Siwon asked

 

“NO!”

 

 “Siwon!!” Heechul called as he approach the room, ”No luck in getting him out?” Siwon shook his head no, they had be talking about getting Jaejoong to go back to school for a while now. They had finally decides last night today would be the day.

 

“Jae honey open the door for Umma…” Heechul called out, “Jaejoong open the door! Okay you win, we won’t send you to school today on one condition, you have to come out of you room and eat breakfast with the rest of the family. That’s my only condition.” Heechul waited for an answer but instead he hear the door unlock before it open slightly.

 

“Siwon maybe were pushing this to fast…”

 

“I know but you remember what the doctor said, he has to go to school.”

 

“I know, but we only started to get him to leave the house again although it's only an hour or two. Come on, think about it Look you go down and start your breakfast I'll deal with him.” Siwon left his wife as he walked into the room. Jaejoong was lying on his bed his face flat into the pillow. Heechul sat on the edge of the bed. He placed his hand on Jaejoong back, “Look I know it won’t be easy to go back to school, but you got to try. Your father and I are so concerned about you.”

 

“I know, you don't have to keep telling me....” Jaejoong voice quivered as he sat up on his knees and turned to face his mother with a tear stained face. Heechul pulled him to his chest, “Don’t cry I’m here, I won’t force you to go to school today but we got to try and make some progress Nah.But maybe suggesting you go back to school  wasn’t the right decision. I’m sorry Jae.”

 

“Y-your only d-doing what’s you think is best for me, b-but i-im scared... Please Umma just a little longer…”

 

“Okay know dry those tears and come have breakfast with us.”

 

“C-can’t I stay here?”

 

“No you can’t, breakfast with your family besides it will put my mind at rest to see you eat and filled that stomach of yours.” It was only then he caught Jaejoong attention on his arm.

 

"Jaejoong what that?" Jaejoong didn't have to stay anything he could see it for himself

 

“Umma… C-can you help me clean this?” Jaejoong turned his wrist over. Heechul’s eyes widend examing to new slits.

 

“Jae…”

 

“I didn’t mean to do it. I-I just…”

 

“Jaejoong this isn't the answer... how could you do this?" Heechul asked..., "Is it because your worry about school? Jaejoong you have to talk about what’s wrong, you can’t keep doing this it’s not just you, you’re hurting. it's us as well.” Heechul pulled him to the bathroom and ran his hand under the hot tap, “Jaejoong  what did you do this with...." Heechul fumbled around trying to clean the wound... he was sure he had remove all shape object from Jaejoong room, "this is deep… too deep it needs stitches.” Heechul wrapped Jaejoong’s arm with a clean cloth before leading him downstairs and out to their car, he had to pul Jaejoong with all hisstrength as Jaejoong was protesting.

 

“No Umma…”

 

“Jaejoong this is something that isn’t up for discussion… now hold your wrist tight…” Heechul shouted at him wit out thinking as he closed the back door of the car as Siwon came out hearing the front door open.

 

“We’re not solving thing," Heechul stared as his husband with tear full eyes. " I’m admitting him to hospital I can’t keep watching him do this.” Heechul cried as his husband engulfed him into his arms. “I don’t know what to do any more… If I don’t do it now  he's going to kill himself one of these days, I Now  if i don't do it now.... won’t be able to.”

 

“There’s no choice Heechul, we have to do what’s best for him, I’ll drive.”

 

 

“This is going to be so hard but...”

 

“We’ll get through to him, we will you just have to believe it,” Siwon pecked his lips.

 

“What about Donghae?” Heechul asked pulling away. “I said I’d drop him to school…”

 

“I’ll give him the key’s to my car, I’m sure he won’t mind driving himself. He does have a licence and he has been after our car’s for ages.”

 

“You know how I feel about him having a licence and driving?” Heechul said

 

“Heechul, the one in the back of your car needs are attention now, don’t you think?”

 

“Fine, I’ve give them to him…” Heechul held out his hand for the keys, “I think I should give a few rules first, watch Jaejoong for a second.” Heechul took the kiss from his husband and made his way back to the house.

 

 

End of flashback…

 

Heechul looked over at his son holding a box of pencils. “Is that what you want?” Jaejoong nodded his head.

 

“Okay good, we’ll get these and go meet Leeteuk and Taemin for lunch are you hungry....?" Jaejoong shock his head as he  handed his mother the pencils as he went up to the counter. Heechul look back at Jaejoong who was busy staring at something else. They had come a long way since then and more struggle than most families. But this moment Heechul thought he finally saw a little hope. He needed hope.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay one of you reader picked up that i am unwell. i want to thank her for her concern.....

I really hope you like this update

comment please...

I look forward to reading your comment