Halloween Special

Challenges in Life

It's a little late but here you go

beta thanks to aenkr28

_________________________

Halloween Special

 

 Heechul sat outside his son’s school ready for when he came running out, it was one afternoon he got to spend time with his eldest son. He yawned, it had been a very long morning for him. He had spent most of the morning in hospital with his youngest son until Siwon’s parents came to watch over him. He was grateful for their help. He had been a struggle to spend time with both his son, but he did the best he could, but Life had become so tough in the last few months, he turned when he heard the back of the door open.

“Hey little man, how was school?” Heechul turned as his son got into the car.

 “Umma, look what I got?” Donghae handed over and envelope to his mother before continuing. “It’s an invitation for Kevin’s Halloween birthday party. Can I go umma?” Heechul read the invitation.

“Mmm... let me talk to your father.” Heechul did his best to think about it, “But if Appa and I agree, we need to pick you up a costume.” Donghae look so excited now.

“Really I can go?”

“As long as your father agrees, I see no problem with it.”

“Umma, Kevin said I could bring my family, do you think Joongie will be able to come?” Heechul’s heart always melted by the fact Donghae always included Jaejoong in with his plans, even when Jaejoong was so sick. “Do you think Joongie will be allowed Umma? It’s gonna be so much fun mommy,” Heechul didn’t know. A month ago they had been able to find a match for their five year old, and although the strength was returning to their younger son, their son was still sick, he still had 4 more treatment of chemo to go.

“I’ll ask the doctor tomorrow when I go to visited him.” He didn’t want to give his son a yes or no just yet.

“Can’t we visit Joongie now?”

“Not today, remember you have a dentist appointment?”

“After then…”

“I don’t know.”

“No fair, Umma got to see Joongie today and Appa got to see him yesterday, I want to see Joongie too.” Heechul looked at his watch, visiting hours ended at five, “We’ll see after you dentist appointment.”

“Yeah…” Donghae was excited now, “Umma, was Joongie good today?”

“Very, he said you name today.” Heechul told him, it had been so long since he got to hear his son’s voice again. He has almost forgotten his son’s voice.

 

“He did?”

“Jaejooong misses his hyung so much, he was so excited when I told him about your soccer game.”

 

“When can Joongie come home?”

 

“Soon I hope.” Heechul answered his son.

 

****

 

 Donghae fidgeted nervously in his seat at the dental clinic’s waiting room sitting beside his mother; he wasn’t a fan of the dentist but what can a eight years old do. Heechul was flipping through a magazine that the clinic offered.

“See how impressed the dentist was about your teeth, now you know why Umma and Appa hound you to brush them twice a day? Appa going to be so happy with you.”

“Umma where are we going now?”

“I thought you and I could go for a treat, we haven’t done that in a while have we?” Heechul held onto his son’s hand as they walked down the street back towards where Heechul parked his car. “How about we go pick you a Halloween costume you’re going to need one for this party, if you father improves, I thought that would sound fun.”

 “Yeah Umma, sounds fun.”

“Have you thought about what you want to dress up as?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well we better look and see what costume the store has.” Donghae hung onto his mother’s hand as they made their back to the car.

 

“Umma what about Joongie? Won’t he want a costume too?”

 

“How about you pick out something that will suit him.” Heechul didn’t know if Jaejoong would be able to home, but right now live in hope was all he could do now. Heechul enjoy his alone time with Donghae. It was fun for him to watch Donghae look through the costumes, not only for Donghae but for Jaejoong as well, Jaejoong was never too far from their thought, by the time they made it back to the hospital, it was late and Siwon was there with his parents entertaining their youngest son who was sitting on his grandfather’s lap with silvery tears in his eyes.

“Joongie!” Donghae rushed into the room. Excited to see his little brother.  Even to their surprise Jaejoong was crawling down from his grandfather lap,  Donghae stopped in front of him, “Awh… why is Joongie crying, boys don’t cry Joongie?” Heechul looked to his husband for the answer.

 

“The boy in the room next to Jae…” Siwon didn’t finish, he just shook his head. Heechul knew even without words what had happened. Jaejoong had only started to make a few friends since he was allowed to leave his room. Only when Heechul or a grown up are around. It was heart breaking for him to hear, just like how they had been waiting for a match for their son, they were the same, Jaejoong seemed to be able to dry his tears in front of his brother.

 

“Look Joongie, look what Umma got us for Halloween?” Donghae rummaged in the bag pulling out two outfits, “This one yours Joongie.” Donghae held it out to his brother, “I picked it out for you.” Heechul smiled at his husband as he sat on the air rest of the chair.

“How did the dentist go?”

 

“Quite well, no cavity for anything. The dentist was very impressed with his teeth.” Siwon cupped his arm around his waist whispering. “I thought it was my night.”

 

“It is, but Donghae insisted he wanted to see his little brother, who was I to argue with him?” he shrugged his shoulders. “You know he even used, No fair, Umma gets to see Joongie every day and Appa got to see him yesterday. I didn’t even know if I could make visiting hour, but the nurse let us in.” He looked to his sons interacting with one another. “Jaejoong looks happy to see him.

 

“He got a lot more colour today.” Siwon answered. “I was quite shocked to see my father running after him. I haven’t see Jaejoong run like that, not in a really long time.” Heechul smiled. This is what they needed “Oh, Donghae got invited to a Halloween birthday party, I said I ask you first. He asked would Joongie be able to go or not.”

 

 “We can ask if you want?” Heechul nodded. When he felt small hands on his lap. “What is it baby?” Heechul asked him. “Do you want me to help you put on the costume?” Heechul helped his five years old change into the costume, even with a woollen hat Jaejoong looked so adorable.

“Umma… cute.”

 

“Yes Joongie is very cute you don’t need Umma to tell you that. Umma always thinks Joongie is cute, just like Donghae.”

 

“Umma I’m not cute it’s handsome.”

 

“Yeah handsome and scary in that costume.” His grandmother came up behind him and tickled him, making him laugh.

 

“Well you both look so scary to me.” Siwon told his son, “How about we get some snapshots of you and your hyung in your costumes.”

 

“Picture!” Suddenly Jaejoong jumped into Donghae’s hug, and held him tightly. “Hyung Picture… smile.”

 

 It was just coming to the time when they would be kick out of the hospital  they were way over visiting hours when Heechul hugged his son, “Umma, Hyung, Grandma and grandfather have to go but Daddy is going to spend the night with you.” Heechul told his son, “Umma will be back first thing in the morning.” Heechul told him “Umma loves you.” Heechul let go of Jaejoong who whisked himself into his father’s arms as he wave his mother and elder brother off.

****

Halloween Party…

 

“How’s my little vampire.” Heechul walked into his bedroom to find Jaejoong standing in front of the full length mirror playing with his cape. Jaejoong had only been home since yesterday evening and he was enjoying the run of the house. He insisted on Heechul dressing him up early so he could play. Heechul place a pile of clean cloth on his bed before sorting the cloths into draws. Each time Heechul seen his son he wanted to pinch his rosy cheeks.

 

“Jae I’ve made you a light snack, come down and eat.” Heechul put the cloths away, “Come on, Hyung already having his.” It had just gone noon the party started and two and ended at five giving time to the kids to get home so they could go trick or treating. “Are you warm enough?” Heechul asked his son, Jaejoong nodded. It was clear from the doctor instructions Jaejoong couldn’t afford to catch a cold as his immune system was still week. Which meant Jaejoong wouldn’t be able to go trick or treating for too long or at night when it became too cold. But they still wanted Jaejoong to eexperience it, so they organised with a few of their neighbour for Jaejoong to trick a treat about their houses around one, they still plan on bringing Donghae out at night, while Joongie stayed at home with his grandparents. Jaejoong sat beside his hyung smiling happily and he tucked into his food. When they enter the kitchen Siwon and Donghae were already sitting at the table when they entered the kitchen. It was just after the snack when both Heechul and Siown watched Donghae and Jaejoong running around the living room together.

 

“They seem to be having fun.” Siwon chuckled and he watched Jaejoong chase Donghae around pretending to be a vampire. “Let’s give them a few more minutes. Heechul and Siwon leaned back watching the two of them keeping on eye on the time. Both knowing full when Donghae wouldn’t be happy if he was late for the Halloween party. It was sight to their eye to see Jaejoong giggled and beam in happness.

 

Siwon bend down to his level when he stopped running around, “Is Joongie happy to be home?” Jaejooong nodded.

 

“Joongie like playing with Hyung, Joongie happy to be hommme, raaawh!” Siwon joined the fun, allowing Jaejoong run after him before Siwon swung him into the air before pecking his forehead. “You got me, Joongie should get ready.

 

 

 

****

 

Jaejoong did what he was told by his parent he, knocked on the door of one of his neighbour’s door. He stood on the step looking at his parent giving him the encouragement to stay there, when the door opened he tense up looking at the owner as she beamed down at him in his little costume. Jaejoong seemed be wilder and frozen looking up.

 

“What do you say Jaejoong? Siwon encourage making Jaejoong turn to them.

 

“T-treat... trick or treat…

 

“Awh look how cute you look.” The owner bend down to Jaejoong’s level, holding a bowl in front of her, “Pick three you like, Jaejoong looked at his parents, asking if he was allowed. They both nodded. It amazed them how well Jaejoong coping with the new language, Jaejoong pick out things he liked, she smiled at him and pick up another and place it into the goodie bags, “That’s just for being so cute. She smiled at him making Jaejoong look happy.

“Gamsahabnida!

 

“He said thank you.” Heechul explain in English.

 

She held up her hand, “I know what he said, his eyes tell me everything… and you’re welcome.” She placed his hand softly on Jaejoong’s head before whispering asking how his treat was going with his parents before the bid goodbye before heading to the next house. By the time they reached the third house Jaejoong seem to understand what he had to do, as soon as he finished the went straight home with Jaejoong, turning on a dvd for him.

 

“Call us if something happen.

 

“Nothing going to happen for sure, look at him. We’re going to have a great time aren’t we? Jaejoong was sitting beside his grandmother watching the tv with his goodie bag on his lap holding it tightly in his hand. He hadn’t touched it, he just liked to hold the bag. “Joongie, Umma and Appa will be back later to tuck you into bed, okay?” Heechul told his son. Jaejoong nodded turning on the sofa. “Hyungie, have fun.

 

“I will Joongie.” Jaejoong waved at his brother and parents, so they could enjoy the rest of the Halloween night.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Comment for the next