Chapter 28

Challenges in Life

beta

_____________________________

Chapter 28

 

He must have fallen asleep, the next thing Heechul knew it’s morning and he was awoken by a nurse in the room. He stopped what he was doing and bow.

 

“Pardon me, I didn’t mean to wake you.” Heechul looked at him with tired eyes and he watch the nurse continued what he had been doing before.

 

“Is he alright?” Heechul asked.

 

“Yes, the doctor just asked me to change the fluid drip.” Heechul turned to his watch wondering what time it was, it had just gone eight. He stretched out his body as he saw the nurse bow and leaf the room. Heechul turned to Jaejoong. He was still in a peaceful sleep. Heechul didn’t think he would be awake for a while, he decided it was the best time to get some coffee while his son doesn’t need him. As soon as he found the canteen, Heehcul immersed himself in thought he didn’t go straight back to the room, but instead he went outside and found a small bench probably used as a smoking area. It was a little chilly but with his coffee in hand it was perfect. He turned his coffee cup in his hand, looked out to the area around him not really focusing on anything, until he heard a familiar voice.

 

“Is this seat taken? Or would you like to enjoy your coffee with me?” Heechul almost sip out the coffee from his mouth as he turned to the one who had spoken to him. His eyes widen confused while his looker smile comforting at him, “What, are you that shocked to see me?” The man shrugged, “And here I was excepting a hug, maybe a kiss or something, a reaction would be nice as well.” before he knew it Heechul’s arm wrapped around his lover strong shoulder.

 

“Don’t wake me up if this is a dream!” Heechul smelled the familiar scent.

 

“Well lucky it’s not a dream. Then... I’ve missed you!” Heechul pulled back.

 

“What are you doing here? What where’s Donghae? You didn’t leave him behind in the states did you?”

 

“Are you crazy? Chullie you of all people should know me better than that. Donghae is with his little brother upstairs,” Heechul stared and him in confusion, but none the less he leaned in and hugged his husband again.

 

“When did you get here?”

 

“A couple of hours ago, Kangin picked us up from the airport and brought us here. I know you might need me.” Siwon smiled, he missed his wife so much and thought they hadn’t been gone that long it was way too long for his family to be apart. “I’ve missed you.”

 

“I-I’ve missed you too.” Heechul told him. “You look thinner.”

 

“We’ll  what can i say... without your fine cooking, Donghae and I had to cook for ourselves.”

 

Heechul laughed. “So tell me how many times have you ordered in or bought ready meals.”

 

“Saw through me then.”

 

“Naturally I know how well you cook dear.” Heechul observed Siwon’s expression. Heechul knew his husband could do so much, but for cooking he didn’t have the skill or the passions for it. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” Heechul slapped his arm softly. “You know I hate surprises.”

 

 “Well Donghae and I wanted to surprise none the less. So tell me how’s things?”

 

“Better.”

 

“And Jae?”

 

“Getting there, Leeteuk’s children are a god send. They are helping him a little, school’s good, he’s coping better than before,” he smiled again, “He’s also taken an after school activity which impressed me.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“But I’ll let him tell you all about it,” Heechul looked back to the hospital, “I think we should head back.”

 

“In a minute, just let me hold you for a little while.”

 

“Do you realise how that sound?” Heechul laughed as he pecked his husband’s lips.

 

“Only the best for my wife.” 

 

“The older you get the sadder your comments get! But I still love you for it.” Heechul looked at the bag in Siwon’s hand. “Is that croissant I smell?” Heechul smiled. “Our family tradition.”

 

“Well, how could I not?”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Donghae reminded me, Jaejoong always enjoyed when I brought croissant into the hospital when he was getting treatment. So I thought he would enjoy it.”

 

“I hope you got me one too?” Heechul reached out for the bag.

 

“Of course, two chocolate and two plain.” He smiled, “It always amazes me Jaejoong has the same taste as you.”

 

“Why? Donghae just the same as you, Donghae really takes after you.” They walked back to the room, “Our kids really take after us, don’t they? They had many good years thought hard it was there life and they would have never changed it for the world.”

 

“In more ways than others, but that just shows we raised them well.” Siwon told him, “I called my Parents.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“I told them we were moving back, not that we’re here already here, just back. To tell the truth they were happy they said they always hoped we’d come back. The even offered to pick us up at the airport. You don’t know what I had to do to convince them we already had that sorted, my mother asked a ton of questions.”

 

“Did you mention anything about Joongie?”

 

“No and I’d like to keep it that way, if you agree. My parent are old, I don’t want the worry about the youngest grandson. Beside as you said he’s doing a lot better now, you know how much they love the kids. I don’t want to tell them about what happened.”

 

“Of course they do! I suppose I should ring my Appa too, I haven’t talked to him in a while.” Heechul thought about it, his father would be delighted to see their kid. After the death of his mother, his father was always putting on a brave face. It was his father who convinced him to go to the states in the end. Although it was hard, they needed to do it for Jaejoong.

 

 

****

 

“Joongie… Joongie… Joongie…”

 

Jaejoong was reluctantly awoken from the sound of someone calling his name. He turned, eyes widening with each second, he sat up ignoring the dull pan in his back and hip. He rubbed his eyes until he felt someone pinch his nose.

 

“Hyung… What why are you here?”

 

“It that a way to greet your hyung? After all I did come from the state just to see how you were doing,” Donghae smile. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

 

“Well yeah…” Donghae leaned back.

 

“Oh so it likes that is it? Fine I could go.” Donghae stood up pretending to walk away.

 

“Hyung, sop teasing me.” Donghae sat back down.

 

“Was it sore?” Donghae asked noticing Jaejoong’s discomfort.

 

“No more than usual, but I want to go home, I hate this place.”

 

“Home as in Auntie Leeteuk’s house?”

“Anywhere better than a hospital, though it is always loud. Hyung I don’t get them, sometimes they shout at on another and then 15 minutes later their talking again.”

 

“Yunho still yell at Changmin a lot then?” Donghae asked remembering their little childhood squabble they had when they were kids. Donghae was seven when they left for the state, which meant he remembered them a lot more than what Jaejoong did. “I can’t wait to see them again!”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Hmmm, what is it?” Donghae asked.

 

But Jaejoong stop when he saw his mother and father walk into the room.

 

“Jae looked who I found?” Heechul looked over his shoulder to Siwon who approached towards Jaejoong, giving him a hug before tossing the croissant to his lap. While Heechul hugged Donghae trilled to see his eldest.

“Thought you would like one,” his father commented. It was nice to have his family around him again, they spoke as a family for a while, waiting for the doctor with the result. Something they all wanted to know.

“Thanks Appa!” Jaejoong munch on the food. While everyone stared at Jaejoong, they had come a long way for 15 years, and learnt the cruelty that could happen. Jaejoong was chatting when his brother while Heechul and Siwon was called to the doctor’s office. Heechul put on a brave face not to worry Jaejoong. Though Jaejoong could see through their fake worrying smiled. As soon as they approached the doctor’s office, Heechul concerns where know to his husband.

 

“Have faith Heechul.”

 

“He only getting over what happened, I dread to think what he would do if the cancer came back.”

 

“Stop Heechul.” Siwon tilted Heechul’s head up so they were looking at one another. “Besides if it does come back we’ll deal with it as a family like we always do.” Siwon kissed his forehead. “You really are a worry worth.”

“Don’t just blame it on me. You are my equal dear husband.”

 

“Right you are”.

 

“And don’t you forget it.”

 

“So what brought all this worrying on?”

 

“I’m just a bit height strung, Jaejoong came home last week with blood pouring from his nose I had such a fright. Jaejoong shouted at me to make me come to my senses. I got it so wrong, how was I to know he’d taken a liking to playing soccer/football.” He shook his head, “Is it wrong for me to be prepared for the worst to happen one day.”

“No, not really if you ask me I think most of our worries comes with the territory of been a parent, and there’s nothing we can do to change it.”

 

****

 

 The doctor was scanning over the papers before Heechul and Siwon entered the doctor room. He heard a soft knock on the door.

“Come in,” he gave permission to whoever it was behind the door to enter. Heechul bowed as he opened the door, stepping into the room followed closely by Siwon.

 

“Please have a seat Mr Choi,” The doctor glanced at Siwon over Heechul’s shoulder.

 

“Ermm this is my husband.” The doctor greeted him asking him to take a seat. Siwon cupped Jaejoong hand in his own waiting for the doctor to tell them if there was good knew or bad news. He prayed in his head for good news. Heechul nervously held onto his husband’s hand.

“You son’s lab result were given to me this morning.”

“And…?” Siown asked while the doctor smiled.

 

“Your son is cancer free!” Heechul let out the long breath he had been holding back. The news was everything to him.

 

“Your sure?”

 

“Yes, your son is very healthy. Now he will have to come back in a year’s time or if you notice and change, make sure you bring him in. This disease is always best noticed early for a better chance to beat it. But for the moment your son can continue on with his life. I’ll give you his discharge paper.” The doctor handed him the document. So many emotions were running through his heart. “Thank you for telling us good news!” Siwon grabbed and shook the doctor’s hand as he stood up. While Heechul ready to leave.

****

Donghae quickly stood up from his seat once he noticed his father was walking towards his direction looking to Jaejoong sitting crossed legged on the bed.

 

“What did the doctor say?” Jaejoong managed to ask, Siwon didn’t say anything didn’t say anything. Nonetheless, judging from the expression it was good news, he knew he would get good news.

 “Umma I’m okay, right?

 

“Yeah, you’re okay we can go as soon as that drip come out of your arm; we have your discharged papers.” Jaejoong was filled with the warm love of his parents.  The good news that it hadn’t returned, was all he need to hear. As soon as the drip was removed, Jaejoong couldn’t get out of the hospital quick enough. Even Heechul couldn’t stop smiling, last night he had dreamt Jaejoong’s cancer had come back and it was taking his son from him, it felt so real to him all his hopes crashing down around him. But he had to tell himself it wasn’t real it was a dream more like a nightmare. Jaejoong’s lab result showed he was cancer few for the moment. It was somewhat of a miracle for him. As soon as they were out of the hospital, Siwon suggest they go for a meal.

 

“But I borrowed Leeteuk car.”

 

“I’m sure they won’t mind if we keep it for an extra a few hours. From what I heard, their boys had somewhat for a party last night when Kangin picked us up from the airport.”

 

“You serious?”

 

“I’m sure it will be very interesting, when we get back.”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry Guys I don't have as much time to write and I us too.....

But I still want to do my best so please accept  how greatful I am.

if it wasn't for you I wouldn't write storys so

Thank you

Thank  you  readers for supporting my story and for subcribing, 

these our thing that mean a lot to me as well as the  upvotes.

 

I hope you won't  forget to drop a comment
Because  you know your comment

encourage me to improve and write alot better for you guys

THANK YOU

 

 

And a big thank you to aenkr28.... for her help, she helps me a great deal by beta for me