Chapter 30

Challenges in Life

Oh look another Update ^_^

 

Beta thanks  to Aenkr28

__________________________

Chapter 30

 

It has only been a couple of months since the whole Choi family were living in Korea. It was only a slight adjustment, but the family and their sons were doing quite well, Donghae was going to the same school as Jaejoong, thought he seemed to have adjusted a lot faster than Jaejoong was and still was. It was only after they adjusted to their life, that Heechul and Siwon saw they need to start to look for a home, They figure it was time and didn’t want to impose on the Jung kind natural putting them up. They felt they had reached the point that they might out stay their welcome.

“How many times do we have to tell you, you could never out stay your welcome, why can’t you seem to get that into your heads?”

“Thanks Leeteuk but we really need to give the boys some normality…”

“Don’t they have that here? I think their adjusting quite well, don’t you think Kangin?” Leeteuk called to his husband.

“Honey it’s not for us to decide, Siwon and Heechul are just doing what they think is best for their boy for their family. Besides if we were in their shoes we’d probably do the same.”

“But…”

“Leetuek it’s not for us to decide.”

“But this house is so big, and I don’t want them to move out. I enjoyed having you all here. Just by coming here has not just help you out with Jaejoong, but I believe it helped my boys as well. Yunho has reached the age when he wants to be independent in all his choices, he barely spoke to his brothers and when they did their personality clashed so fight broke out.”

“Leeteuk they still fight all the time.”

“But it different now, it’s a different form of fighting, it’s more like bickering, you know what their like.”

“I do, and they will be still at each other throats when they come home from school. Enjoy the adult conversation while we can,” he laughed, “this place is a mad house no wonder they want to move out!”

“Oh shut up, even if you don’t see the difference I do!” He thought about it. “Believe me when I said Jaejoong came here, it really helped to bring Yunho closer to his brothers and brought him out of himself. It’s been so long since the boys did anything together and here they are going out every weekend, teaching Jaejoong to play football together. If that’s not an improvement then I don’t know what is.”

“Leetuek…”

“They communicate a lot better. They’ve changed in a good way.” Heechul tried his best to keep himself from getting emotional. Coming here had really gave Heechul all the time he need with their youngest son. He could tell by looking at his son, thing were beginning to change. Jaejoong was going to school, he had gained some weight with Heechul encouraged, which reflect on Jaejoong’s face, he didn’t look so hollow, he’s still pale but it’s a different sense of the word, there was a glow around him. Jaejoong looked more healthy and not frightened as he used to be, the nightmare were only currying every other night. They still a long way off, of how their son was, but Jaejoong was heading in the right direction. What really made relieved was Jaejoong had told him he had made a few friends. What the Choi didn’t know was Yunho to a certain point was watching over Jaejoong as best as he could in school. He made sure no harsh words would reach Jaejoong ears. Though there was only so long he could keep that up. After the conversation with his parent, Yunho eyes open to what bullying done on someone. To him compared to Jaejoong his problem felt like nothing. He never imagined what could go through someone mind when something like that happened. Sometime when he looked at Jaejoong he could see the pained look in his eyes. This was when he made the discussion to take care of him. He wanted Jaejoong to be able to depend on him if he needed it, Changmin and Taemin too, he was the elder brother, he had to protect his family.

“Honey we should leave them to it,” Kangin stood up from the table.

“But!”

“Now you know when the Yunho and Changmin get their stubbornness from!” His comment earned in a smack on the arm from his wife. “Are you calling me stubborn, Kangin?” he mouthed, “choose your word wisely dear.”

“Leeteuk stop interfering it’s their choice,” Kangin told him wife leading him from the table and away from the Choi giving the privacy, “Beside theres something I should discuss with you before the boys get home.”

****

 

“What do you think of this place, it doesn’t look that bad.” Siwon held up one of the listing ,showing it to Heechul.

“It’s a bit too small for the price they want…” He sighed, “I know we’re on a budget, but I don’t think this place will suit our family, especially with all those stair. What if... J-Jae got sick again? I’m not saying he will, we just need to put this in thought. And what about my father? He’s old, the stairs would probably kill him…” Heechul changed the subject fast he hated discussing the thought of Jaejoong getting sick again. “Too many stairs for my father, what if the lift breaks down?”

 

A week after Donghae and Siwon returned to Korea, Heechul went to visit his father… wondering how his old man was coping. What he found wasn’t what he  expected. After the death of his mother, Heechul realised it took on his father, his mother was his father’s world. At the site he was sure about having his father come live with them, wondering what his effect would have on the boy, but his mind was put to rest when he saw his fathers interaction with the boys, his father was so depressed after his mother passing, but see him with Jae, made his seen what was really important.

“Okay, another for the reject pile.” Siwon added it to the never ending expanding pile.

“Why can’t it be like the first time, that house was perfect for us, it really fell into our hands.”

 

“Hmm, what about this one?”

 

“No, sure look at the price, he’s a bit pricy for what your getting, and that would be with the boys sharing a room, it just about the location.” They spent hours looking through property after property not making up their mind on anything. It was only when it reached four that they decide to give it a rest.

“That’s enough for today.” Heechul rubbed the bridge of his nose between his eyes. “Maybe I should get a job again, I know it won’t be easy but with more money we could get a more decent place. I only gave it up when Jaejoong got poorly. But now Jaejoong coping again and going to school.”

“I’d feel better if you didn’t for the moment having you home here just in cause in a relief for me, while I’m at work. Beside you’d worry yourself to death if you did.”

His husband was right, even as they discussed about a new home, Heechul’s mind always lingered to their sons, especially Jaejoong, wondering how he was doing in school, asking question after question like is he alright without him? Is he copping well? Are the other student treating him right, he looked at his watch, school had ended a little while ago and Jaejoong was walking home with Donghae and the other. It took a lot for him to agree to it, but it was always about moving a step forward and this was one Jaejoong needed to take.

“They will be home sooner than you know it.” He smirked he could already hear the sound of “bickering coming up the driveway towards the front door.

 

“Yunho Hyung, Changmin Hyung, stop arguing you giving me a migraine.” Taemin opened the front door, “God it like walking home with girls.”

“Shut up Taemin,” Changmin shouted at his younger brother,” If anyone talking to you. Sure look at yourself, and your leg, not to mention your hobbies.”

“Leave him alone Changmin, no one judge you on your hobbies why start on his, at least he has interest. What is it do you get kicks out of taking your anger out on someone else? You really are childish you know that?” Changmin was about to say something when he was interrupted.

“Why is it always you three? Give it a rest already.” Leeteuk matched over to them. “Taemin what’s that on your face?” Leeteuk looked at the dark mark on his face.

“It’s nothing Umma I tripped.”

“Yeah because of Changmin, fooling around.”

“No it not, he should have been watching where he was walking. He can’t even walk in a straight line.”

“Enough, the pair of you, all of you apologize to one another right now!” Kangin showled. All three boys looked at one another before all saying at the exacted same time.

 

“What for?”

 

“Fine don’t, just put what ever happen to rest,” Kangin looked to Leetuek who was examining Taemin’s face.

“It’s nothing Umma, I got worse ones from dance practice.”

“Let me be the judge, go to the kitchen and get something for it now.” Taemin did what he was told while Jaejoong and Donghae had just walked in. “There in the kitchen…” Leeteuk told them.

 

“How did today go?”

 

“Good!” Jaejoong answer was simple and to the point. Heechul smiled.

“Just good… did anything happen?”he asked. Relieving Jaejoong wasn’t going to make a sound he turned to his eldest. “Donghae how was your day, anything interesting happen?”

Not really apart from being approached in the soccer club, that asked me to try out for the team. I said I’d think about it.”

“Oh and have you decided?

“Yeah. Tryout are next Friday.” Donghae looked at Jaejoong hinting for his mother to ask Jae was he going to try out. Heechul picked up on it straight away even with a single word said between them.

“What about you Jae, would you like to try-out?” Heechul lightened his tone, “You always wanted to try out, here’s your chance. You might even get to know more people your own age.”

 

“So I can try out?

“Bwoh? Course you can, I can’t see why not.” Heechul brushed his hand against Jaejoong’s cheek, “I’ll come watch the practice if you want or if you don’t I’ll stay away,” he laughed, “So what do you guy fancy for dinner it’s my night to cook.

“Change of plan…” Leeteul came over “boy you will have to defend for yourself tonight as I will be stealing you mother and father, were going out.”

“We are?

“Yes, since I’m soon going to lose you as a house guest, I’m enjoying the time I have left. So were going out for dinner, be ready 10 minute, we’ll be waiting  in the car.” Heechu was lost for word.

“Yunho, Changmin, Taemin, homework is to be down by the time I get home, I will be checking note books just so you know.

“Umma aren’t we big for you to be checking our homework? You always on about responsibly.

“Oh so you do listen to me smart mouth, we’ll maybe you should start taking my words of wisdom. So please behave…” Leeteuk told him boy while Kangin handed Yunho his credit card to order in.

“Don’t over spend, and Changmin not to order more than three dishes,” he remember the last time he and Leeteuk when out he had made the mistake of giving Changmin his credit card. It was a short while later when Siwon and Heechul joined Kangin and Leeteuk in their car, Jaejoong stood close to the door. Heechul knew Jaejoong wanted to say something but the word wouldn’t leave his lips. Heechul turned to the car, “Give me one minute.” He lead Jaejoong away for a moment. Giving him reassuring word before saying. “I know you want to get something off your chest, but you can’t find the right words. When I get home we’ll talk about it, okay?” Jaejoong nodded. Heechul was just making his way back to the car when he thought he heard something. It was like something travelling on the air.

‘Umma I’m sorry…’

 

He stopped and turned, he watched as Jaejoong had his back to him making his way back into the house as the door close.

“Heechul, well be late.

“Sorry.” He hopped into the back beside Leeteuk, when Siwon hopped into the front beside Kangin who was driving.

 

****

 

“So why the hurry.” Siwon asked after fifteen minutes into the drive.

 

“Just thought we could have a night just for the adult, no other reason.

“You know you’re the worse liar,” Siwon answer back, “You two are up to something, I know.”

“Look Siwon it’s our old neighbour.” Siwon turned when Heechul spoke looking out the window… how he could forget this street having travelled this road so many times even before they had children. He couldn’t wait until he got a glimpse of their own home a home they planned to raise their children, grow old together. They didn’t know why but Kangin pulled up outside the place.

 

“It looks just the same, doesn’t it Siwon?” Heechul laughed, “I wonder is the swing you put up for Donghae still in the back…

 

“Why don’t you look?” Leetuek told him to, Heechul looked at Leeteuk holding up a bunch of keys.

 

“Leeteuk, what in the world?

 

“Well since I can’t stop you moving out, I guess I should give you back these. I don’t want you to pick from decrepit homes.”

 

“Bwoh…!”

 

“This house is yours, always has been.” Kangin answered.

 

What?”

 

Heechul and Siown looked at one another.

 

“Okay confession time, you wouldn’t take our money when Jaejoong got sick so we kind of went behind your backs and bought this house, to cover you expense to the state. Now it’s time it returns to you.” Kangin and Leeteuk stood side by side as Leeteuk held out the keys “So we should say Welcome home… but let do it inside.” Leeteuk lead the way leaving behind Siwon and Heechul in a world of confusion.

 

“What do we do?” Heechul asked he had no clue how to react.

 

“I don’t know… but, we need to see what they have to say…

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Pour Jaejoong still struggling.... but we'll get their... won't we ?

Sorry crazy author talking to herself.. to excited about updating...

 

COmment for the Next Please

feedback needed!!!