Chapter 42

Challenges in Life

beta Thanks to Aenkr28

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42

 

“Jaejoong, Jaejoong it time to get up,” Heechul called out into his son room softly. “You got a game remember?” Jaejoong groan looking at his mother before rolling over he held his stomach feeling like it was in knot. “Come on, 10 minutes...” His mother called again before leaving. Jaejoong rolled over again opening his eye just adjusting. How could someone wake up more tired than when they went to sleep. He sat up rubbing the sleep from his eyes, stopped when he felt something dripping. He rubbed his hand under his nose it was only when he pulled his hand away that he became horrified. He sat there unable to move. This can’t… blood. He grabbed a tissue rubbing his nose clean within good time before he hid the tissue tightly in his fist as his door opened again.

“Jaejoong… Umma says hurry up.” Donghae called out.

“I’ll be down in a minute,” Jaejoong called out softly trying his best to form words. Donghae was about to walk out when he stop. “Jaejoong you okay?” something felt off.

“Fine.” Jaejoong was quick to answer.

“It’s probably just nerves right?” Donghae answered his own question, “Don’t worry so much, just do your best.” Jaejoong nodded. If only his brother knew what was going through his mind. He unfolded the blood soaked tissue in his hand, raising his hand to nose. Thank god it stopped and his brother hadn’t noticed. He looked at the tissue shaking it off as stress, it probably meant nothing, hed blamed it on anything apart from what it could be. He told himself over and over it was stress. He’d just had a run of tests over a month again they all came back clear, ‘So why?’ he  question himself. He told himself he was over thinking things it was nothing, it wasn’t anything serious it was just ordinary nosebleed everyone had them now and again didn’t they? He couldn’t face it, not now he’d just gotten his life back on track. As much as he tried to stop thinking about it, it was impossible his mind races with question like ‘Why did this have to happen now?’ He had so many questions that didn’t need to be answer he already knew the chances of it coming back was high but it didn’t stop him giving himself some hope, or was it hope. Things where starting to make scent, the tiredness the sore limps the lack of appetite that, he blame it on his new busy life, he was working hard as his intense soccer practice. He put in all he had and it had paid off, he improve as it starting on his first game of the season. He finally got up and went to the bathroom dumping the tissue into the toilet before pulling his t-shirt overhead. He could see the weigh he had put on was beginning to fall off. His skin looked plastid or what that just pale he didn’t know. But what lingered were a few blacken areas, the signs where all there yet he couldn’t look at them.

‘Jae their nothing wrong with you... nothing… you’re overreacting.

He told himself, before changing and heading downstairs to the kitchen. He took a spot beside his grandfather before looking around. If what he thought was truth, it wouldn’t be just himself going  through it but the people around him to. He wouldn’t be the only one effected they would too. He didn’t want to go back to the states he had a life here. He hadn’t realises it until he felt someone place their hand on his shoulder that he must have zone out, he jumped turning to see who it was.

“Jae…

“Sorry what did you say?” Jaejoong looked at his mother who watched him closely.

“I asked what did you want for breakfast?” His mother stated, “Jae, are you nervous about the game about us been there? If you feel better if we weren’t there we would understand.” Heechul spoke softly as much as he wanted to see his son and cheer him on, if Jaejoong prefer they didn’t come he wouldn’t force it. Jaejoong looked around the table, all were staring at him.

“No Umma, I want you to come. I-I’m just nervous that’s all.” he lied if only they knew what was going throw inside his head. How could he tell them?

Heechul kissed the top of his crown, “You’ll do great I believe in you.”

“Your mother’s right Jaejoong you’ve been practising really hard over the last couple of months,” His father told him in a way a proud father would, “Win or Lose the game today how about we all go out for a family meal afterward, it’s not often we go out altogether.”

“I’m in…” Donghae called out.

“Well then that settled.” His father turned his gaze back to his own breakfast, but found he’d lose interest in it, something in the pit of his stomach was telling him something wasn’t right.

“So what will it be… you’ll need a good hearty breakfast for all the energy you’ll be using in the game.

****

The game started of good, thought Jaejoong felt indifferent toward it. He felt he wasn’t as his best or up to the started to the other team member, but that wasn’t what the other seen Jaejoong was giving his all. His own personal fan club took centre stage, even with Yunho not here he wanted to do his best. Yunho had texted him earlier not wishing him luck, but reminding him he’ll do well. It was only fifteen minute into the game and Jaejoong already felt fatigued. It was coming on fast let it win not today, not when there were so many people here watching him, “Jae heads…

Jaejoong didn’t need for them to tell him the ball was already flying toward him, he took the golden shot. He did it he scored… he couldn’t believe it he felt his team member around him cheering before the returning to the field. Though one stayed behind clapping his hand on his back. “Great shot Jaejoong!” Jusnu smiled before saying. “Let’s win this!

 

The game got more heated as time went on, Heechul cheered with all he had when his son caught the ball, running around dodging other player trying to sell the ball, but he did well in Heechul’s eyes. The crowd cheered, everyone including his grandfather standing to their feet and yelling “Go on Jae you got this!” It seemed like a good goal if Jaejoong happened stumbled on his footing, allowing the opposing team to steal. Heechul turn to a pout but was shocked when Jaejoong twisted an intricate move of his foot and managed to steal the ball back, Heechul shot right back up to his feet and screamed at the top of his lungs as his son ran to the goal.

“GO, JAEJOONG, GO!”

Not but a mere second later did Jaejoong’s foot shoot forward and kicked the ball, bypassing the goalie swiftly and hitting the back of the net by a slim miracle signifying a cheer. He couldn’t believe it himself he hand managed to score to second goal. His team mates gathered around him cheering him on they were a good distraction. In the bling of an eye the game was over. It was unfortunate they didn’t won but that wasn’t what matter to the Choi family. It was the little things that brought them together, and the bigger things that stuck them together Heechul and Siwon where proud of their little boy. Jaejoong had hidden in the changing room a little longer waiting for people to leave But it wasn’t just the team his brother was there so was Changmin. He couldn’t let them see, not yet. He needed to understand it first himself hopefully soon. He feared the worse without knowing.

“Jaejoong!” a voice called, causing Jaejoong to look around.

“What took you so long we were waiting on you, we just wanted to congratulate you on your goal… Hyung would be really proud of you,” Taemin told him as he came up beside him Changmin by his side. I know he wanted to be here…” Jaejoong smiled.

“Thanks Taemin…” He talked to them for a little while be saying. “I should go there waiting for me.” Jaejoong pointed to his family waving over at him only a few metres away he’d taken his time. He was about to go over to him when Jusnu pulled him into a headlock. “Yah leaving already? I thought we could…

Jaejoong looked at his family and then back at Junsu, “Do you want to come, were going out for a meal?

“Would I be imposing if I said?

“Course not…” Jaejoong could do with the distraction. 

“Jae! Your nose is bleeding!” Junsu exclaimed. Jaejoong touch his nose and there were blood. Jaejoong reacted was to jump and cover his nose. He quickly whipped it away with his hand, “Here.” Junsu passed him a tissue as he pressed it to his nose. “Thanks.”

 “You’re welcome, are you alright?” Junsu asked.

“Maybe it the hot weather?” Jaejoong answered. “It’s probably from all the practice I’ve been putting in.”

“Maybe…” Jusnu answered, “You have been doing a look including helping me with my studies. “Seriously you need to take care of yourself.” Junsu took another tissue from his pocket and handed it to Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked over to his parents hoping they hadn’t noticed and they hadn’t, that was a good thing he sighed in relieve.

“Can you not tell my parent about this?” Jusnu didn’t understand. “It was my first game, if they see I’m this warn out after the might not let be play again.

“Really, why?” Junsu was full of questions.

“They’ve always worried about me, I never played when I was a kid, it’s the first time for them seeing me like this. Done something… Me having fun… It’s been a rough year for my parent and I want to prove to them I’m alright now.” Junsu understood a little he nodded. “Come on.” Jaejoong parents were happy to invite Junsu along they really got to know him a lot better.

“Thank you for the lift.” Jaejoong family dropped him right outside his doorstep. Heechul looked up at the well build house completely in darkness. “Jusnu honey, is there anyone home. Jusnu looked up. “My Umma probably working late, my Appa should be home soon.” Heechul didn’t like leaving him, he was glad when a car pulled up, “That’s him there!

“Okay then…” they waved Jusnu off as Junsu father walked up.

“Bye Su.” Jaejoong called out to him. They were just pulling away when Heechul looked at the man, Jusnu’s father.

“Something wrong?” his husband asked.

“No… no. I just though I renascence him from somewhere.​ Heechul looked back again, “Can’t be…

“What?

Heechul turned back in his seat, “Nothing! Let’s get home.” he told his husband.

It couldn’t be, could it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Got a chapter for you guys.... Hope you enjoy... I've be thinking about it alot latly

 

Comment please...