The Haunted House, Part 1

Clumsy Kris
 
 
"So," Jongdae patted the grey purring furry hairball that laid on his lap. "you said that you were the one who pretended to be the psycho-dad, huh?" he glared at Lay.
 
 
"Yeah." Lay answered. "I bet you were really scared." he grinned.
 
 
Jongdae rolled his eyes at the comment. "Yes we got scared. Are you happy now?" he wrinkled his nose at the nodding Lay that was trying to hold back his laugh. 
 
 
Sehun was playing on his phone, calming himself down from the chaos that happened a few minutes ago. When he looked up from the screen he caught the purring cat glaring at him with its honey-yellow eyes, of course, he glared back and they began a staring competition. Jongin was sipping on his green tea that Lay had cook up as an apology for scaring them. His face was blank as he glanced at the cat who was having a staring competition with Sehun.
How in the world did that thing get into the house? If the cat could read his mind, the cat broke the staring competition and stared at Jongin instead, sending daggers through its eyes. Jongin raised an eyebrow at the cat and looked at Sehun who grinned in victory. Kris, however, was drawing in his skethbook to ease his mind and feelings after being so scared by Lay.
 
 
"What's that psycho-dad that all of you were shouting about?" Lay asked as he sipped the green tea.
 
 
"Long story short. Sehun told us a ghost story that happened in the crumbly house that lays in the southern part of this town. A family did live there but the dad killed his family with an axe and went up to the attic and hunged himself." Kris explained to Lay without looking up.
 
 
"Ahhh so you thought that I was the psycho-dad and you got scared. Now I understand." he smiled.
 
 
"And these three" Kris pointed at Jongin, Sehun and Jongdae with the pencil. "wants to visit the haunted house." Lay raised his eyebrow at the sentence. He looked at them with a 'wtf-u-crazy-dudes' look.
 
 
"Do you also want to go?" Lay asked Kris.
 
 
"I dunno." Kris shrugged. "But someone must look after these kids." he said and sighed.
 
 
Lay laughed and slapped his knee. He was the only one laughing. The cat looked at him like he was crazy.
 
 
Crazy human... the cat yawned and went to sleep again.
 
 
After he was done laughing he wiped away a tear. "Oh I'm sorry. Hahaha 'these kids'..." he chuckled. "I doesn't matter for me. I want to see the house and explore what's inside it." he said firmly.
 
 
"Then let's go!" Jongin jumped up from the couch. He ran towards the door but couldn't run so far when Kris grabbed his shirt and pulled him back onto the couch.
 
 
"Not so fast, young man." Kris wiggled his index finger at Jongin's face. "Tch tch tch. You're too eager. When do you want to visit the haunted house?" he asked and looked at everyone.
 
 
"Now." Jongin muttered while he rubbed his .
 
 
"Today." Sehun said.
 
 
"In a minute." Jongdae grinned.
 
 
"Tomorrow." Lay said.
 
 
"Tomorrow!?" the three kids screamed in shock. Lay looked at them confused.
 
 
"Yeah, tomorrow." he said again. "It's raining now and it's too late to go and explore the house."
 
 
Kris nodded. "It is the best that we go tomorrow." he said. "If we go to sleep now, it will be faster to see the house." he looked at his watch. "It's 11 p.m."
 
 
Lay clapped his hands. "Time to go to sleep."
 
 
"You can all sleep over here." Jongdaesaid and stood up. He grabbed Jongin and dragged him up from the couch. "The mattresses are in the cabinet near the bathroom. There are pillows and blankets too." He and Jongin walked up on the stairs to the second floor. "But theres only one mattress. Someone have to sleep on the floor tonight. But that's up to you who will do that. May the odds be ever in your favor." and they disappeared from the three's sight.
 
 
Everything became quiet.
 
 
And they started running towards the bathroom. They opened the cabinet and took out the mattress, pillows and blankets.
 
 
"I take the sofa!" Lay jumped on the sofa with the pillow and the blanket. He grinned in victory and snuggled deeper in the blanket. Kris and Sehun held each side of the only mattress. They glared at each other.
 
 
"Mine." Kris dragged a little.
 
 
"Let the youngest have the mattress." Sehun said and dragged it back.
 
 
"Let the oldest have the mattress."
 
 
"I'm the youngest. I have a future." Sehun said.
 
 
"And I'm the oldest and I can end it." Kris smirked at Sehun's dumbfounded expression. Sehun dragged the mattress out of Kris's grip and jumped onto it.
 
 
"The youngest wins." he stuck out his tongue to Kris. "Merong~" Kris huffed and grabbed the leftover pillow and blanket. He lied down on the floor and covered himself with the blanket. He was too grumpy to talk to anyone. After 15 minutes, Jongdae came down from the second floor with his pyjamas on.
 
 
"Who got to sleep on the floor?" he asked. Lay and Sehun pointed to the almost sleeping giant on the floor. Jongdae grinned and went to Kris. He shook him lightly on his shoulder. "Kris hyung," he said
 
 
"Hmm?" Kris moaned.
 
 
 "I prepared the guest room for the person who would sleep on the floor." Jongdae said gently. Lay cooed at Jongdae's sweet side. "I thought it would be Lay," Lay stopped cooing and glared at Jongdae. "but go up and get some rest." he smiled.
 
 
 
"Thank you, Jongdae-yah." Kris got up and walked up. He stopped mid-stairs and turned around to Sehun. "The oldest always wins." he smirked and continued up leaving Sehun with his mouth open, a laughing Lay and a confused Jongdae.
 
 
 
 
 
It was sunset, the wind was calm and the birds was singing their song. It was a perfect time to have a picnic under a cherry tree. Kris was enjoying having his head resting on someone's lap while the person his hair. Kris opened his eyes and saw Tao smiling down to him. He smiled back.
 
 
"Kris?" Tao asked.
 
 
"Hmm?" Kris hummed in response.
 
 
"Wake up..." Tao said.
 
 
"What?" Kris frowned.
 
 
"Wake up..." Tao said again. Everything started to disappear with Tao's voice lingering in the air. "Wake up... Wake up... Wake up..." Kris opened his eyes slowly and saw a blurry person infront of him, shouting.
 
 
"Wake up, Kris!" the blurry person began to be more clearer. "Seriously Kris... wake up!" the person hit Kris with a pillow. Kris flinched and snuggled deeper under the blanket. "Oh no you don't." he heard the person say and in the next second the blanket was gone from his body. Kris groaned.
 
 
"It's cold." he said with a hoarse voice. He looked up at the person who disturbed his beauty sleep. It was Jongdae.
 
 
"And I'm hot, now get up." Jongdae slapped Kris's then he went out of the room to wake the others up. Kris groaned a little but he sat up from the bed and yawned. He put on his clothes and went down to the kitchen were everyone was there except Sehun and Jongdae. Lay was making breakfast while Jongin was eating.
 
 
"Good morning." Kris said and sat down on a chair.
 
 
"Morning, hyung." Lay smiled and lied the fried egg on Kris's plate. Kris thanked him and started to eat.
 
 
"Morning." Jongin said with food in his mouth.
 
 
"Don't speak with the food in you mouth." Lay said. 
 
 
Jongin rolled his eyes. "Sorry, umma." he and Kris snickered when Lay glared at him.
 
 
"We're here~" Jongdae said with an yawning Sehun trailing after him. Sehun scratched his bedhair while he sat down on a chair.
 
 
"Morning." Sehun yawned again. Lay went to him and lied an egg on his plate. "Thank you." Sehun said and started eating. Jongdae opened the fridge and took out the milk. He poured the milk into a glass and drank it.
 
 
"So," Jongdae gulped down the last remaining milk from the glass. "when are we going to visit the house?" he asked.
 
 
"Around 9 p.m?" Lay said.
 
 
"Why must it be late at night?" Kris asked.
 
 
Lay smiled. "Because it's more exciting at night then when it's day."
 
 
"Then we go at 9 p.m." Jongin said and drank his orange juice. "AH!" he shouted when he felt some tiny claws on his . He looked behind him and saw the cat purring in delight. "Stupid cat..." he muttered to himself.
 
 
"There you are, Paek-ah. " Jongdae said and picked up the cat away from Jongin's . He took a plate and poured some milk on it and placed it down on the floor. The cat went to it immediately and started to the milk. Jongin stared at Jongdae with a 'judging-you' gaze.
 
 
"Paek?" Kris asked. "Who names their cat Paek?"
 
 
"I do." Jongdae said and grinned. Jongin squinted his eyes at his cousin. Something wasn't right with the name.
 
 
"Well, it is a cute name." Lay said while nodding.
 
 
"Thank you." Jongdae smiled. "About the time, 9 p.m is perfect." he looked up at the clock. "We have only 11 hours, it's a plenty of time to go and paek our things and get ready for the adventure!"
 
 
".... I knew you didn't chose that name for nothing but for puns." Jongin sighed and ate up his breakfast.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I hope you liked this chaper :) Next chapter will be out soon~! So stay were you are right now and don't move *freezes* Exactly, just like that. Mwahahahahaha!
Thank you all for subscribing and voting for this story! I'm so touched :') /ugly sobs/
I'll update soon if I doesn't die tomorrow xD
 
See ya'~! (~^3^)~ *chu*