Robert The Tarantula

Clumsy Kris

     

     

 

Every one in school noticed that something was off in this typical school day. No, it wasn't The Hunting Club who were screaming for their life when one member accidently let out his tarantula pet in their club room. No, it wasn't when the janitor fell asleep in the art room and later woke up with doodles on his face without him knowing. No, it wasn't the scratches and plasters on Jongin and Sehun's faces. It was something else beyond this.

Kim Jongdae wasn't talking.

Yes, talking. Every one knew how much the boy loves to talk and sing. Even the teachers noticed this odd thing. They got the news of him being mute for one week, so they made his friends look after him to make sure he won't try to talk, so he soon can sing like a bird again and chatter like a crow. And, of course, they look after him.

But who said it would be easy?

Nope, no one.


 




"Eat this soup now, hyung!" Jongin whined and tried for the forth time to swipe in the spoon, he held, inside his stubborn cousin's mouth. Jongdae made a face and shook his head before he sank his head deeper in his black muffler, covering his mouth and nose. Jongin sighed."I know you don't like mushroom soup but you need to eat it anyway." he said, or more like pleaded. "Please~!" a small pout formed on Jongin's lips.

Jongdae only stared at him with a blank face while blinking slowly. Then he shook his head again which made Jongin sigh in annoyance.

"That's not how you do it." Kris said and took the spoon away from Jongin. "This is how you do it." he raised the spoon up in the air before he cleared his throat. "Little Jongdae-yah~" Kris said with a soft but squeky voice, making Baekhyun, Lay and Sehun laugh. "look it's an airplane! Vroom vroom! It's flying straight towards your mouth. You better open it before the plane crash into you." he neared the spoon to the glaring Jongdae's mouth.  "Say ahhhh~"

"We can tie a bib around his neck and give him a baby's dummy too when we're on it." Baekhyun joked. Jongdae gave him a glare but he couldn't see it because he was laughing too hard with Sehun.

"Don't be mean to him, guys." Lay shook his head as he stood up and went to Kris before he took the spoon away from him. He then grabbed the bowl with the soup and laid the spoon inside of it. "Jongdae-yah," Lay said in a soft voice and crouched down beside Jongdae. "Please eat. You know you can't eat any food like vegetables or dumplings." Lay laid the bowl infront of Jongdae. "I heard from Suho that Xiumin brought this soup only for you to eat because he knows that you can't eat food that maybe can damage your throat more." he whispered in his ear. Jongdae perked up at the sound of Xiumin's name. He then took the spoon and bringed it slowly to his mouth. And then he did the unexpected thing. He ate the soup! Waaaahhh~

Jongin gaped in misbelief. "I tried to feed you and tell you to eat for five minutes but you eat it when Lay hyung tells you?!" Jongdae stuck out his tongue towards him. "I can't believe that you're my cousin..." Jongin muttered to himself and continued to eat his own food while sulking.

"The power of Lay umma." Baekhyun said in a dramatic voice before he snickered. Lay only shrugged and went back to his seat to continue to eat.

"Have you heard that there is a tarantula running around in school?" Sehun asked the group after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah." Kris nodded. "Some moron let his tarantula out from its cage, right? And now it's somewhere in school."

"Really?" Baekhyun asked. He raised his feet from the ground, so he now sat on the chair with his legs crossed. "What an idiot." He glanced to the ground and made a face. Ew. Spiders. He didn't liked them.

"Maybe we should have taken Paek with us so he could hunt the tarantula down." Lay smirked and stifled his laugh when the maknaes shifted in their seats.

"Oh, please no." Jongin shook his head. "It's already hell to live with that cat. EYY!" Jongin flinched when he felt someone shot something slimy on his right cheek. It was a mushroom from Jongdae's soup.

'Don't speak badly about my cat!' Jongdae mouthed to him and glared.

Jongin rolled his eyes as he dried away the soup from his cheek with a napkin. "Really mature, hyung." he shook his head.

"I think the tarantula had a name." Sehun looked up in a thinking manner. "Lo... Bo... Yo... Yogurt? The name was Yogurt?"

"Yogurt?" Kris furrowed his eyebrows. "Wasn't it Robert? I heard one member from the Hunting Club talk about an animal named Robert."

"Who the hell cares about its name?! There is a ing tarantula running around in school and can bite someone!" Baekhyun's eyes darted around everywhere, trying to find a huge hairy spider on the floor. He had now his knees up to his chest with his arms hugging around.

"Yes it was Robert." Sehun snapped his fingers, he was too busy to care about Baekhyun. "Thank you, Kris hyung."

"You're welcome." Kris nodded. "About yogurt, did you know that creme fraiche makes the skin more refreshed for 24 hours?" he asked while he chewed on a broccoli.

"Really?" Baekhyun stopped looking around to stare at Kris in amusement. "I didn't knew that." he blinked.

"Ohhh!" Lay clapped his hands in excitement. "So it's not only yummy to eat, but it's also good for your skin?" Kris nodded. "Waaaah~!" Lay smiled. "I'm so going to try that out."

"I have heard that eggsoap is also good for your skin." Baekhyun said.

"Eggsoap?" It was now Kris to blink his eyes. "I've never heard of that."

"Do they make soap out of eggs?" Lay also blinked his eyes and tilted his head to the left.

"I think so. That's where the name comes from, eggs." Baekhyun nodded.

Jongin and Sehun looked at each other when their hyungs started to talk about facial products.

"We should not disturb the old women talking about facial products." Jongin said.

"Agree." Sehun nodded as he sipped on his chocolate bubble tea. He would soon have an overdose from all his bubble tea drinking.

SOMEONE CALL DA DOCTOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!

.....

Anyway.

Jongdae ate his soup quietly. Well, he couldn't talk or anything and the only thing he could do was to eat. Soooooooo yeah. When he was about to finish his last spoon of the disgusting mushroom soup, he noticed something black creep on Kris's back. Leaning more against the backrest to get a clearer sight, he saw a giant spider on Kris's back. He poked on Kris's arm.

"Yes, Jongdae-yah?" Kris turned his head towards him.

'You have Robert on your back.' Jongdae mouthed to him and pointed to him.

"Me?" Kris blinked his eyes in confusion. "Jongin-ah, can you please translate."

"Hm?" Jongin looked up from his food. "What did you say, hyung?" he asked his cousin.

Jongdae pointed to Kris and mouthed 'He has Robert on his back.'

"Kris hyung is tall? We already know that." Jongin blinked.

Jongdae shook his head. 'Robert. Robert is on Kris.' he mouthed again. Jongin looked at him with a confused face. Damn, this was going to be hard.

"Kris hyung is muscular?"

'No.' he shook his head again. 'Look at his back.' he pointed to his back and then at Kris's.

"Your back hurts? And his too? Kris hyung's back hurts?"

Jongdae sighed and shook his head. 'He has Robert.' he mouthed slowly.

"He is ugly?"

That made Kris gasp.

Jongdae sighed again and shook his head. He fished up his phone and typed something before he pressed send. Jongin's phone rang and he checked what his cousin had written. With a poker face, he stared at Kris. "Hyung, you have a wart on your back." he read the text.

Kris's eyes widened in shock. "I do?"

Noooooo. Jongdae shook his head furiously. No. No. No. No. NO! Damn autocorrect! 'He has a mathafacking spider on his back, goddammit!' Jongdae mouthed/screamed quietly as he facepalmed.

"Kris hyung has a spider on his back?" Jongin frowned.

'YES!' Jongdae nodded. 'Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!'

Just then the spider crept up on top of Kris's head. Every one gasped in horror when they saw the spider. Slowly, they backed away while they still sat on their chairs. Kris sat still with an unreadable expression on his face. They didn't knew if he was mentally crying, screaming or dying. It maybe was all of them.

"IT'S ROBERT THE TARANTULA!" Baekhyun screamed and pointed to Kris. Screams echoed in the whole cafeteria and the students started to run around.

"AAAHHHHH!!!" every one screamed. The room was chaotic.

"Is Robert here?" Minhyuk shouted from across the cafeteria. He held a two meter long butterfly net in his hands.

"Over here!" Jongin shouted back and pointed to Kris's head.

"Calm down every one! I got this!" Minhyuk shouted and then ran towards Kris with the net in the air. "HAIYAA!!" he screamed as he catched Robert in the butterfly net, along with Kris's head. "Hahaha." Minhyuk laughed as he inspected the tarantula he just catched. "I finally got you, Robert." he smirked. He took out a box with small holes on the lid from his bag. Then he lifted up Robert and put him in the box. "Thank you for helping me to catch him." Minhyuk smiled to Kris.

"Uhh.. no problem." Kris blinked his eyes slowly.

"I'm going to bring Robert back to his owner now. Once again, thank you." he bowed to Kris before he ran away.

Baekhyun, Jongin and Sehun was gaping at what just happened. Lay laid his arms on their shoulders from behind and smiled a little. "Are you shocked?" he asked. The three boys nodded. "Things like this happens a lot. So you will get used to it." Lay chuckled and hugged Sehun and Jongin while he patted Baekhyun's shoulder because he couldn't reach him enough to hug him too.

"Please excuse me." Kris said and stood up before he started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked. Every one was now looking at Kris.

Kris turned around to them. "I'm going to the showers in the boys' changing room to wash my hair with lots of shampoo against head lice. And after that I will move to Australia." he answered.

"Spiders doesn't give people head lice." Jongin said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Who knows?" Kris shrugged. "Maybe it has rabies." he shrugged again. The others exchanged weird expressions with each other. Spiders have rabies? Who knows? "See ya' in class." Kris waved before he turned around and went out of the cafeteria.

"Shouldn't we tell him that they have more tarantulas and also poisonous snakes in Australia?" Lay asked.

Baekhyun and Jongdae shook their heads. "Nah. He will notice it when he gets there. Then he will move back to us." Baekhyun said. Jongdae nodded in agreement.

"Oh." Lay blinked his eyes. "Okay."

 

 


Oh. Mah. God.

101 subscribers?! Seriously?! I can't believe it! You guys are really AWESOME! Thank you so much for subscribing to this story!^^

Btw I have nothing against people with Robert as their name. It's a cool name actually. Hehe^^

When Baekhyun shouted "It's Robert the tarantula!" I imagened him looking a little bit like this:

Except the 'run' part... xD

 

See ya'~! (~^3^)~ *chu*