Surprise~!

Clumsy Kris

This is a looooong chapter, as you should know^^

 

"Welcome everyone!" Baekhyun exclaimed to the small group of seven boys who sat infront of him. "I'm glad that you all could come to this meeting today."

 

Xiumin scoffed. "'We all could come' my . You covered us with a sack for potatoes and brought us here." he crossed his arms over his chest with a huff. He, Suho and Tao sat on the first row. "This is kidnapping."

 

Jongdae, who was right beside Baekhyun, wrote something down on his mini whiteboard he got from Lay and then showed it to Xiumin. 'Surprise mathafacka.' He giggled a little when the older boy gasped.

 

"Where are we?" Tao asked as he looked around in the dark room. The corners of the room was covered in cobwebs. Tables and chairs had a thick layer of dust on it.

 

"We're in the old school building near our school." Kris answered with a small shrugg.

 

Tao's mouth formed as 'o' as he nodded in understanding. "Why did you take us here?" he asked with a soft voice.

 

"We want you to help us with our surprise party for our umma, Lay." Baekhyun answered and smiled.

 

"This plan was actually made by Suho here." Kris nodded his head towards Suho.

 

"That's right." Suho stood up from his chair and went to stand beside Baekhyun. "But I didn't plan the whole kidnapping thing." he sent a playful glare towards Kris, Jongdae and Baekhyun. "I wanted to have a surprise party for Lay and" he clasped his hands together. "please, please, please, please, please help me!" he bowed his head.

 

"We will help you, ge." Tao quickly nudged Xiumin before he could protest and smiled innocently. Xiumin muttered in annoyance to himself as he rubbed his sore arm.

 

"That sounds very nice but why are we here?" a deep voice boomed from the last row.

 

"Yeah." Baekhyun agreed. "Why are giant elf and Xiumin's brother here?" he jabbed his thumb towards the said boys as he looked at Suho.

 

Suho grinned. "Because Chanyeol-ah knows everything about music and Kyungsoo-yah is an extremely good baker."

 

Jongdae poked on Baekhyun's shoulders and showed him his text that said 'What about Sehun and Jongin?'

 

"Jongin-ah, Sehun-ah, you will help us too ya' know." Baekhyun nodded towards the maknaes, who sat in the middle of the row.

 

"What should we do?" Sehun asked. "The only thing we're good at is to eat."

 

"And dance." Jongin chirped in.

 

"Don't worry, you guys will help us in some other way." Suho assured. "So are you in?" he asked everybody.

 

"Sure." they all nodded.

 

"Thank you." Suho smiled. "Okay this is my plan: In school, everyone pretends that you've forgotten Lay's birthday..."

 

~~~*~~~

 

"Hello everyone!" Lay smiled as he skipped towards his friends.

 

"Hi, Lay!" Kris and Baekhyun smiled at him as he got closer to them. Jongdae fist-bumped with Lay and then side-hugged him as a greeting.

 

"It's a beautiful day isn't it?" Lay grinned.

 

"Yeah, the sun is shining and it's quite warm even if it's the beginning of autumn." Kris looked around while nodding to himself. He pretended he didn't saw the small pout on Lay's lips but it soon disappeared into a smile again.

 

"Yes, your right..." he said with a low voice.

 

"Good morning!" Suho walked towards them with a smile on his face.

 

"Then I will come to you and ask him to follow me for some errands...."

 

Kris, Lay and Baekhyun greeted him back except Jongdae, he was just smiling (more like smirking). "Uhm, Lay, I want to ask you something." Suho started to fiddle with his fingers. "Are you free tonight?"

 

"Yes." Lay blinked. "Why?"
 


"Do you want to keep me company while I do some errands in the town? Xiumin hyung and Tao-yah couldn't come with me so...." a small blush could be seen on Suho's cheeks.

 

"Sure, I'll keep you company." Lay smiled. Then he turned to his friends. "Do you want to follow to?" he asked.

 

"No, no." They shook their heads.

 

"I've still got some boxes to be moved in my house." Baekhyun explained. "And Jongdae must clean Paek's poop from Jongin's bed." he patted Jongdae's shoulder.

 

"And I... uh... must wash my hair." Kris pointed to his hair. "It's getting dirty, ya' know."

 

"Okay." Lay nodded.

 

"I'll see you after school then." Suho smiled as he walked away.

 

"After school Lay and I will go to the town to shop while you guys prepare the party. I will try to keep him away for at least 2 hours so he won't suspect anything weird."

 

"So how was school?" Suho asked as he inspected a book he had picked up from a bookcase in the book store he and Lay was inside of.

 

Lay shifted his gaze from a book to Suho. "It was alright. Jongin and Jongdae was bickering with each other."

 

"Can Jongdae talk now?" Suho raised his eyebrows in surprise.

 

"No, but he writes insults to Jongin on the whiteboard I gave him. He should be more nice towards his cousin, I think. They're literally hacking on each other." they laughed a little. "Sehun was on his phone, Kris was in his own world while Baekhyun and I discussed about everything." Lay shrugged. "Like usual." he smiled gently. "How was your day?"

 

Suho blushed a little when Lay smiled at him. "It was good. Xiumin hyung, Tao and I was just strolling around in the school." he almost stuttered a little. "Like usual." he grinned as he put back the book he held while Lay chuckled a little. Then Suho felt his phone vibrate. He picked up his phone and saw a text message from Xiumin.

 

From: Umin hyung
To: Suho


Seriously. Why did you set me up with that tonto?! >:(

 


From: Suho
To: Umin hyung

Sorry, hyung... Btw what is tonto? Tomato?



From: Umin hyung
To: Suho

Tonto means fool in spanish. Right now we're in a market buying snacks now. We will soon go to his house and help the others.

 


From: Suho
To: Umin hyung

Good :) Are the others done yet? I don't know how long I can keep him in town...



From: Umin hyung
To: Suho

Kyungsoo and el mono's cousin are making the cake at his house now. I don't know about the others though.... But they're gusta, I guess.

 


From: Suho
To: Umin hyung

Stop with these spanish words. You're confusing me >:S



From: Umin hyung
To: Suho

Lo siento, papá potato /cries in spanish/



Suho rolled his eyes at Xiumin's reply. That guy. He can be such a kid sometimes...


 

"Did someone text something annoying to you?" Lay asked from behind Suho, which made him jump in surprise and turn around while he quickly hid his phone behind his back.

 

"It's just my mother. Nothing serious." Suho lied and shrugged his shoulders. "Do you want to eat something? Maybe an ice cream?" he asked and jabbed his thumb back. "It's my treat."

 

"Sure." Lay grinned and nodded. Suho smiled. He was just so cute~!

 

"Let's go then." he smiled and they went out of the book store.

 

I hope that the others are doing good....

 

~~~*~~~

 

"Little more to the left." Tao said as he squinted his eyes and tilted his head to the side.

 

Kris groaned a little but shifted to the left. "Do it right now." he muttered to Sehun, who sat on his shoulders while trying to fix the big label that was tilting a little. On the lable it stood 'Happy Birthday!' with a Lay bag on the right. Jongin wanted to put a real crisp bag because he thought it represented Lay and he was hungry.

 

"Is this better?" Sehun asked after he had fixed the label.

 

Tao grinned. "Much better." he did a thumb up to them. "Great job."

 

"Ugh.. I'm going to fall now." Kris said and fell on the couch with Sehun still on his shoulders. Sehun yelped when they crashed onto the couch and rolled on to the floor. "Ohhh it feels like a heavy burden has lifted off my shoulders." Kris moaned on the couch.

 

"Hey!" Sehun shouted from the floor and pouted.

 

"You guys are so funny." Tao laughed while he clapped his hands.

 

"Thank you." Kris smiled and sat up. He looked around in the living room they had decorated. There laid balloons in bright colours on the floor, streamers was hanging on pictures around the room, the table was covered in glitter. It looked like they had decorated to a five year old girl's party. But it was Lay they had decorated for, so that wasn't anything different. He glanced toward Baekhyun and the tall guy Suho had set him up with to work with the music. They sat together on the floor with a laptop infront of them. Baekhyun looked like he was already bored when he rested his chin on his palm as he sat with his legs crossed when he listened to Chanyeol's rant about the difference between american pop and korean pop.

 

"American pop has more beat that you can dance whatever you like. For example, Tsunami. Not tsunami tsunami but tsunami the song. While korean pop has more a dance choreography to their songs."

 

"Hmhm.."

 

"A-pops' lyrics are sometimes little bad. Especially for the kids who listens to it. K-pop songs are often about love, love and love. And boys or girls."

 

"Hmm.."

 

Kris chuckled to himself and shook his head. "Are the cake ready yet?" he asked Tao as he turned around to him.

 

"I don't know." Tao shrugged and blinked his eyes. "Are the cake done yet?" he asked to the boys who was in the kitchen.

 

"Soon!" Kyungsoo shouted back. "We're in the middle of filling the cake with cream now."

 

"You're filling it without telling me?!" Sehun rose up from the floor. "How dare you?" he sprinted to the kitchen.

 

"Kids these days..." Kris sighed a little and rubbed his forehead.

 

Tao heard Kris's mutter and chuckled before he sat down beside him on the couch. Kris could feel his face heat up a little when Tao unknownly brushed his hand on Kris's hand. "We're almost done, it's just the cake that needs to be finished. So you can relax now, ge." he smiled to him.

 

Kris cracked a smile to the panda. "Yeah." he nodded, not breaking eye contact.

 

They stayed like this for almost a mintue when someone kicked the front door open and two hysteric boys ran inside of the house.

 

"They're coming!" Xiumin shouted as he ran to the kitchen with Jongdae trailing after him. Jongin and Kyungsoo stopped decorating to look up at the crazy hyung. Sehun stopped eating the cupcake he held. Everyone was staring at Xiumin.

 

"What?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "But we're not finished yet." he stared at his half-finished cake.

 

"Then we just do this." Jongin scooped up one handful of blue coloured cream and threw it on the cake. He could hear Kyungsoo shriek as he began to smear the cream onto it. After decorating and , the cake was finally done. Jongin had some cream on his face but he didn't cared about it. "So," he panted and took a step back. "What do you think?" he wiped away the sweats from his forehead.

 

Everyone was silent, the only thing they could do was to stare at his masterpiece.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to cry his heart out when he saw how Jongin made it. "My cake...." he barely whispered.

 

"It's good, isn't it?" Jongin grinned. "All done within 5 minutes."

 

"You... How...?" Kyungsoo stuttered, he couldn't find words to say about the cake.



 

"It's good enough for beginners like him." Sehun nodded, approving the cake. "Trust me. I know."

 

"Why the heck do you have lipsticks on the cake?" Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Lipsticks? These are lightsabers! Lay hyung likes Star Wars very much so I thought I might add something Star Wars-y." Jongin explained.

 

"Guys!" Baekhyun rushed into the kitchen. "Chanyeol said that Suho hyung and Lay hyung are- What the is that?" he stared at the cake. "Wasn't it supposed to be blue? Why is it violet?"

 

'The power of Kim Jongin' Jongdae showed Baekhyun the text he wrote on the whiteboard.

 

Baekhyun shook his head at his childhood friend. "Suho hyung and Lay hyung are heading to this house now. Hurry up and get into your positions"

 

~~~*~~~

 

"Weird." Lay furrowed his eyebrows after had he grabbed the handle of the front door of his house.

 

"What?" Suho asked.

 

"I'm sure I locked the door before I went to school..." Lay said with an uneasy voice. "What if a robber have breaked into my house and stole money or something?" Why did it happen on this special day? The day when he finally got to sleep for nine hours straight? Why this day?

 

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?????

 

"We can go inside and check it out." Suho suggested and reached out his hand to comfort the poor unicorn.

 

Lay nodded slowly as he grabbed Suho's hand before they stepped inside the house. Everything was dark when they went into the living room. No furniture had been moved out of its place, which Lay thought it was strange. He couldn't see anything broken or bloody. He started to think that he had forgotten to lock it after all. It wouldn't be the first time he had forgot about it anyway... Suddenly the lights .

 

"Surprise~!" The boys who had hidden behind the furnitures jumped out. But Kris stumbled on the table and fell down and kissed the ground. Sehun, Jongin and Chanyeol shoot out streamers on top of the surprised Lay, who was now clinging on Suho's back. He watched everyone with a terrified look on his face.

 

"A surprise party for me?" he blinked his eyes. "Why?"

 

"It's your birthday today." Kris answered after he got up and brushed away the dirt from his clothes.

 

Lay got quiet for a couple of seconds. "Oh yes it is!" he finally remembered it now. "I guess I forgot it." he scratched his head in embarrasment after he had climbed down from Suho. That statement made Kris and Jongdae facepalm themselves. "Thank you so much." Lay bowed deeply infront of them. "I love you so much." he said and hugged everyone. "Even you two." he then hugged Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. "Thank you all for doing this for me. I'm so happy."

 

"Suho ge was the one who came up with this plan, ge." Tao said and patted Suho's shoulder.

 

"Really?" Lay raised his eyebrows as he stared at Suho. Suho nodded. "Thank you so much, Suho." Lay went to him and hugged him tightly. Suho got red in the face as he felt butterflies in his tummy.

 

"N-N-No problem." he stuttered.

 

"Let's party!" Chanyeol shouted and everyone cheered when the music .

 

~~~*~~~

 

Everyone was having a good time laughing, smiling and dancing. And also eating the cake Jongin had decorated. Lay thought it was really sweet of him to put laser swords on the cake. But the others just shrugged it off 'cause they didn't wanted to tell the birthday boy it was lipstick and spoil his happiness. When Baekhyun, Jongdae, Sehun and Chanyeol was dancing to A pink's NoNoNo, Lay heard the doorbell ring.

 

"Eh? Did you invite someone more?" Lay asked Suho but he shook his head as an answer. "Who can it be this late?" Lay asked to himself as he made his way to the front door. When he opened the door he saw a blonde haired boy with big eyes and slightly taller as him standing on the steps.

 

"Yixing? Zhang Yixing?" the boy asked.

 

Lay furrowed his eyebrows. How did he know his name? "Yes? Who are you?"

 

The boy smiled and chuckled a little. "Don't you remember me? I am..."

 

 

 

 

 


*Mentally pats myself on my shoulder* I could finally update. I was supposed to update when it was Lay's birthday but I had to study for a test. And I still must continue to study for another tests, so I don't know how much I can update.

But here ya' go. I give you this chapter I had written on this last few days~!

I hope you like it^^

See ya'~!