Café

Clumsy Kris

 

Kris let out a sigh as he rubbed his temple. He was exhausted after all school work he had to do for this week. Why didn’t he do them when he got them 3 weeks ago? Even the lazy (aka Jongbuttdae) had done it. He took a sip from his cup of coffee. He was currently sitting in a café that laid near his home, finishing some homework that had to be done by tomorrow. The café had a comfortable tension with a few customers within. It was almost 6 pm but it had began to get dark outside.

 

“Okay, Kris, you can do this.” Kris lightly slapped his cheeks before he grabbed the pencil and was about to write but stopped when the pencil was only 0.5 centimeters (0.196850394 inches, if you want to know) away from his write book. His mind went blank. “What am I even going to write about?” he asked to himself and planted his face on the book with a loud ‘thud’. The customers turned around to look at him but he didn’t cared about them. He felt someone tap his left shoulder and when he looked up he saw the waitress of the café staring down at him with a worried look.

 

“Are you alright?” she asked with a sweet voice that matched her face.

 

“I’m fine.” Kris answered. “I’m just tired but I’m fine.” he gave the waitress an assuring smile. The waitress’s cheeks began to get red as she nodded a little and gave him a smile back. The door bell rang when someone stepped inside the café. The waitress turned around and went to the kitchen to make the new customer’s order after the cashier told her to do so. Kris returned to his homework, not noticing when the waitress sometimes looked at him through the window from the kitchen. After around five minutes of intensely staring down at the blank paper, Kris heard someone sit down on a chair in front of him. He looked up and saw a pair of eyes staring at him through the small space between the hat and the big muffler. The person also wore a huge thick jacket.

 

“Hello.” said the person.

 

Kris blinked his eyes when he recognized the voice. “Tao?”

 

The person’s eyes wrinkled, like he saw smiling under the muffle. “Yes.” Tao said and nodded.

 

“Oh, I didn’t recognized you since you wear all these,” Kris waved his hand up and down towards Tao “uh, so yeah. Hey.” he smiled.

 

Tao laughed as he took off his jacket, hat and muffle.  Kris couldn’t help but smile when he heard Tao’s laugh. “It’s nice seeing you here. What are you up to?” he asked.

 

“I’m just writing a fairy tale as my english homework.” he answered.

 

“Really?” Tao’s eyebrow rose up. “It doesn’t seem like it.” he glanced down on the empty paper infront of Kris.

 

“That’s because I haven’t started yet.” Kris pointed his pencil at Tao. “Even though I should have done it for 30 minutes ago…” That made the younger laugh as the older chuckle.

 

“Here you go.” the waitress placed down Tao’s ordered cup on the table.

 

“Thank you.” Tao smiled to her. The waitress gave him a fake smile before she looked at Kris and gave him a sincere smile and walked away. Tao got taken aback at her behavior but Kris didn’t notice it. “So… do you know what you’re going to write about?” he asked.

 

“Honestly, no I don’t.” Kris rubbed his back in embarrasment. “The teacher told us to write something with animals in it.” he sighed.

 

Tao nodded in understanding. “You can write about two talking animals.” suggested Tao, trying to help out the poor giant. Kris stared at Tao with huge eyes, telling him to continue to suggest. “They love to eat apples and when they only have one apple left they discuss who will eat the last apple… and the rest is up to you.” he shrugged.

 

“Sounds good…” Kris nods his head in agreement. “What animals should it be?”

 

“A dog and a cat?” Tao suggested.

 

“Too mainstream…” Kris shook his head.

 

“A cow and a horse?”

 

“Nah.”

 

“A giraffe and a hippopotamus?”

 

“No— Wait. A what?” Kris frowned. “A hiphoppotatos? What’s that?”

 

“A hippo.” Tao explained shortly and shrugged like it was obvious he meant a hippo.

 

The blonde giant’s mouth formed like an ‘o’ as he nodded. “No.” he shook his head.

 

Tao sighed. “A dragon and a panda?”

 

“Hmmm…” Kris looked up in thoughts. “I like it.” he smiled. He began to write down Tao's idea. "Once upon a time..." he mumbled. "there was a dragon named Jabba and a panda named Alan.” he said as he wrote down every word he said. Tao wanted to laugh at the names but seeing how Kris was serious about the fairy tale, he decided to try to not chuckle. “They were best friends. They both loved to eat apples. One day they sat under a tree and ate apples till they only had one apple left. Both didn’t know what to do with the last apple since both had eaten the same amount of apples…” Kris stopped writing and frowned.

 

Tao blinked at him while he held his cup of hot chocolate in front of his mouth. “Why did you stop?” he asked.

 

“My story almost sounded like a math question.” answered Kris. Tao chuckled and shook his head.

 

“I don’t think so. Go on and write more.” he smiled.

 

“Jabba then decided to split the apple into two so he and Alan could eat as much apples. They both was very happy and full. The end.” Kris put down his pencil and stretched his neck. “Ah, I’m finally done with this.” he smiled.

 

The black haired boy chuckled again till he noticed how much the time was. He rose up from his chair while cursing in chinese to himself about he was late home. “I-I must go now.” said Tao as he put on his jacket.

 

“Wait! I can follow you home.” said Kris and packed his belongings into his bag, put on his jacket and followed the power walking boy out of the café. “Wait Tao!” he shouted. The younger boy halted his steps and let the giant to catch up with him. Then they walked together till they got to the usual crossroad where they took different paths home.

 

“Thank you for walking me home, well, almost home.” Tao said and both chuckled.

 

“No problem.” Kris smiled. He began to walk to the direction where his home was. “See you in school.” he waved his hand. He saw Tao nod and wave back before he too began to walk home. Kris smiled to himself. This was a really good day, he thought to himself. He took out his Angry Bird keychain he got from Tao as a Christmas gift, and he always had it on him without his friends knowing. He stared at it with a smile on his face I think it’s time to confess to him… I can do this. He squeezed the keychain and put it back in his pocket before he skipped his way home and slipped on ice and landed in a pile of snow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris could hear Baekhyun's words in his head like a whisper when he had his head in the snow.

 

"Kkaebsong~!"

 

"This is not my style..." he muttered in the snow.


I'm sorry for this short chapter. I've been so busy with school so I don't have time to write and update so much (if you have noticed) But I'll try to do it as much as I can! Btw I hope you liked this chapter~! 

I'm sorry if the chapter was a little boring. The next chapter will be more laughable, I hope. I'll try to make it more funny^^ I think I'll update next week because it's Valentine's day-related. OOOOPPSSS I think I gave you a hint (>o<)

 

See ya' next time~ (~^3^)~ *chu*