Xiuchen Edition: Why?

Clumsy Kris

 

The sun was shining bright on the sky. No clouds could be seen. Xiumin was sitting on a bench in the park, reading a book he had borrowed from his best friend. Laughs from the playing kids, the birds chirps, and the water splashing from the fountain could be heard.

 

It was peaceful.

 

“Hello.” someone greeted behind the boy, which made him jump slightly in surprise from his seat. Xiumin turned around to look at him, but then turned back to continue read his book when he saw who it was. “Hey,” he felt the person poke on his shoulder “are you ignoring me?” he asked. Xiumin continued reading his book, ignoring the annoying moron. “Why are you ignoring me~?” he whined. Stay calm now, stay calm, Xiumin thought. Then he felt the person poke his cheek. “Waahhh~ Your cheek are so soft! Haha!” the person continued to poke and pinch.

 

Xiumin swatted the person’s hand away from his cheek. “ off, Jongdae.” he said, completly annoyed.

 

“Yey~ You’re not ignoring me!” Jongdae happily clapped his hands as he jumped so he was now infront of Xiumin. The older boy just snorted and shook his head at him while he still had his gaze on the book. “What are you reading?” asked Jongdae and snatched the book out of Xiumin’s grasp and looked at it.

 

“Hey, give it back!” Xiumin shouted and tried to take the book back but Jongdae dodged every move with grace. When Jongdae was tired of dodging, so he simply put his hand on Xiumin’s forehead to prevent him to get the book.

 

“Are you reading Fifty Shades of Gray?” asked Jongdae out loud. "Or maybe it is Fifty Shades of Dae?" he wiggled his eyebrows at him.

 

“N-No!” Xiumin shrieked in a high pitched voice, his face was red of embarrassment. “It’s Winnie The Pooh, alright?! Now give it back!” he snatched the book out of Jongdae’s hand and stomped away.

 

Jongdae whistled, totally impressed by how fast he could make him blush. He snickered before he walked after him with his hands in his pockets. “Sorry, Xiu-bunny.” Xiumin just ignored him and continued to walk away. He ran and stopped right infront of him.

 

Xiumin was looking down on the ground and didn’t noticed that Jongdae was standing infront of him so he walked right onto him. With knitted brows, he looked up and glared. “Move your out of my way.”

 

“No need to use those vulgar language. Remember there are kids here.” Jongdae innocently said.

 

The older boy sighed. “Please get out of my way, you annoying camel.”

 

“Nope. I want to stay here,” Jongdae grinned. Xiumin rolled his eyes and attempted to step to the right but Jongdae blocked his way, he tried to the left but Jongdae was still infront of him. “I want to stay here with you.” Jongdae said with a serious expression.

 

“Huh?” Xiumin blinked his eyes. His heart was beating rapidly. “Tch! Stop joking around.” he looked down as he shoved him away and walked away. He didn’t saw the hurt look in Jongdae’s eyes. Stop teasing me, you jerk!, Xiumin thought as he crossed a road.

 

“Xiumin!” someone screamed from behind.

 

Xiumin looked up and to the side and saw a car driving straight towards him. He froze on his spot, his mind went blank. The car honked but it seemed like it didn’t slow down. He couldn’t move even though his mind screamed to run, all he could do was to stare at the car driving towards him. Then he felt a hand grab his wrist and pull him back right when the car where only five meters away from him. He crashed onto someone’s chest as the person hugged him firmly. He could smell the faint scent of vanilla from the person who hugged him. They stayed like that for a while, breathing uncontrolly.

 

“Are you alright?” asked the person.

 

It was Jongdae.

 

Jongdae broke the hug, cupped Xiumin’s cheeks with his hand and began to examine for any injury. When he didn’t saw any, he sighed and looked straight into Xiumin’s eyes. His gaze was filled with worry and relief, which was unusual for Xiumin to see. Jongdae’s hair was all over the place, it looked like he had ran to save him. Xiumin suddenly felt guilty. He felt guilty for making him worry about him. “I-I’m alright…” he stammered out.

 

“That’s good.” Jongdae sighed in relief and ruffled his hair. “Man, what in the world were you thinking about, huh? Didn’t you see that car before you went out? You’re a more troublemaker than me, geez.” Jongdae’s eyes softened when he saw Xiumin staring to the ground. “You made me worried. I’m sorry for making you angry earlier.” Xiumin’s eyes widened but he didn’t look up. Did Jongdae just sincerely apologize to him? “It’s my fault that you almost got killed. Next time if my teasing and jokes goes overboard, don’t hesitate to punch me,” he gently brushed Xiumin’s bangs away from his eyes. “if that prevents you for running away from me.” he gave him a faint smile. It wasn’t those stupid teasing smiles that Xiumin was used to see him wear, this time it was sincere, caring and filled with a feeling that Xiumin couldn’t describe. “Do you want to sit down for a bit? I can buy coffee for you if you want…”

 

Xiumin closed his eyes and shook his head. Then he leaned his head onto Jongdae’s shoulder. “No… Can we please stay like this for a while?” Jongdae blinked his eyes but didn’t say anything. He wrapped his arms around Xiumin and pulled him closer. “I’m sorry for making you worry. And thank you for saving me.” Xiumin quietly said after a few minutes of silence.

 

“It’s alright.” Jongdae replied. “I’m glad that you’re safe now.”

 

Silence once again.

 

“Why?” Xiumin whispered.

 

“Why?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Why are you always teasing me? Why do you always appear where ever I am? Why are you doing this to me?” he asked and looked up, locking his gaze with Jongdae.

 

The world seemed to stop for both of them when they stared into each other’s eyes. Jongdae was leaning closer to Xiumin’s face, their gazes still locked. His breath was tickling against Xiumin’s lips. “You wonder why I always tease you? Why I’m always appearing where ever you are? Why I’m doing this to you?” he asked. Xiumin didn’t dared to nod. “Because I like you.” he whispered. Then he closed the small distance between their lips.

 

Xiumin didn’t try to push him away. Heck, he didn’t even want this moment to end. He had this feeling inside of him, it was the same feeling he saw when he looked into Jongdae’s eyes earlier.


 

It was the feeling of love.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It's Xiuchen time! I hope I made you're Xiuchen feels explode~ *boom!*

I seriously hope I did because I'm fricking tired from all the exams in school (and there will be more /cries/) and I couldn't write for days. (╥︣﹏᷅╥)

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes!

The next one-shot will be about the last OTP: Taoris~! YEEY! I hope I can update soon~

 

 

See ya'~!