Lay? Like Lay's Chip?

Clumsy Kris

 


The air was filled with the smell of books. In the library everything was quiet. The studets inside the library who read books was in a whole different world, were no one would ever be able to disturb them. Lay have always loved the library, the air, the smell and most important, the books. He loved reading, almost as much as dancing. The feeling he gets from reading, he could always imagine the feelings the character has. When they smiled, he smiled. When they cried, he sobbed like a little kid. He loved it.



He walked past some bookcases, in search for a new book to read. He stopped at a bookcase and scanned through the books. His eyes stopped at one book.



Alice in Wonderland.



He loved the book! And the best was the book was in chinese. He reached and grabbed the book but froze when a hand grabbed the book at the same time as him. He looked at the person who dared to grab his favourite book the same time as him. The person had black brown hair, big eyes and really white skin and he was looking at him. Lay recognized him but he didn't knew where he met him before.

 

"Ah! I'm sorry." the person released the book. Lay held the book close to his chest.

 

"It's okay." Lay smiled at him. The person's face turned red. "Are you alright? Do you have a fever?" Lay panickly asked as he brought his hand to the person's forehead. "Nope, not fever." he mumled. The person's face was now red as a tomato.


 

"I-I'm alright. I don't have fever." he stuttered and took down Lay's hand from his forehead.

 

"Oh." Lay blinked at him. "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." he bowed a little.

 

"It's alright." the person smiled. Lay smiled back. Then they standed there and looked around.

 

"So," the person said. "you're chinese?" he asked.

 

"Yes." Lay nodded. "Are you chinese too?"

 

The person shook his head. "No. But I'm studying in it." he smiled.

 

"Ah, alright." Lay smiled back again. "Uhm... What's your name? I think I've seen you before but I can't really remember." he furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to remember the familiar face.

 

The person laughed. "We met each other yesterday, you know, when your friend was hit by the ball." he said. "But we didn't really introduced ourselves clearly. My name is Kim Joonmyeon, but you can call me Suho. And you?" he reached out his hand to Lay.

 

"Zhang Yixing." Lay took his hand and shook it. "But call me Lay."

 

"Lay? Like Lay's chip?" Suho chuckled when Lay pouted.

 

"Everyone says that." Lay pouted more and Suho laughed. "Meanie." Lay slapped lightly on Suho's chest with the book.

 

"Can you two please be quiet and do the lovey-dovey couple things outside the library, please." Mrs Jung, the librarian, said as she went up to the boys. She was very liked by the students because of her kindness and her happy mood. Her hair was always tied into a bun and the glasses was on the tip of her nose. She smiled at the boys whose faces was deep shades of red as they looked at Mrs Jung, who had crossed her arms over her chest.

 

"We're not a couple, Mrs Jung." Lay said. Suho nodded.

 

"Really?" Mrs Jung said. "Then why are you two holding hands?" she raised an eyebrow. Lay and Suho looked down to their linked hands Both of them haven't noticed that they was holding each others hands. They both released their grip and turned even more red. Mrs Jung giggled. "I was just joking with you, guys." she laughed a little at the boys dumb looks. "Lay-sshi, are you going to borrow that book?" she nodded at the book Lay held.


 

"Yes, Mrs Jung." he nodded.

 

"Alright. You can just write down in the file that you're borrowing it." she said. "Bye. And don't be too loud now." she walked away.

 

Suho and Lay looked at each other before they burst into a fit of chuckle. "That was embarrassing." Lay said when they both calmed down.


 

"Indeed." Suho chuckled. They both sighed releved and looked at each other.

 

Lay looked at his watch. "I must go now." he said and looked at Suho. "It was nice talking to you." he smiled before he turned around.


 

"Wait!" Suho grabbed Lay's arm. Lay turned around and blinked at him. "Ca-Can I have y-your number?" Suho blushed a little. Damn, why does he stutter when he talks to Lay?

 

"Sure." Lay grinned and took out a piece of paper and a pencil who magically appeared. (Don't ask me how. He's a unicorn.) Lay scribbled down his number and gave Suho the paper with his number on it. "See you." he skipped out of the library.

 

Suho stared at the paper. His heart was beating really fast and he felt a smile form on his lips. He felt like he was the most luckiest human on earth. Unlike one person...

        

~~~*~~~

 

Lay was smiling as he walked down the hall. When he was at his locker, he got a message from Jongdae telling him to meet him and Kris at the schoolyard. Why, he didn't know, but he was really happy after the meeting with Suho. He started to really like Suho. Lay was now walking on the schoolyard and saw Kris and Jongdae sitting on the benches. Jongdae was laughing his off while Kris looked grumpy, and wet. Or scratch that. The whole him was drenched in water. It was lucky that it was a warm day and the sun was shining. The clothes would get dry fast. He walked over to them.

 

"What's up?" he asked and sat down beside Kris.

 

Jongdae stopped laughing but he still had a smile on his lips. "Great that you came. I have something fun to tell you." Jongdae smiled.

 

Kris scoffed. "Fun my ." he muttered but Jongdae ignored him.


 

"Is it something that has a wet Kris involved?" Lay asked. Kris just rolled his eyes and started mumbling unheard words.

 

Jongdae stiffed a laugh and nodded. "Yup." he made a popping sound at 'p'.

 

"Tell me." Lay leaned back on the bench, waiting for him to tell him the whole story.

 

"Well, it happend when you were at the library..."

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Hi everyone~! It's been a while.

Here's a chapter for ya'. I hope it was alright to write about Sulay :3 Next chapter it's gonna be about Xiuchen! And of course about Taoris too.

I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Stay tuned for more insanity in the next chapter. And the whole story as well.

See you~  (~^3^)~ *chu*