Giant On Ice

Clumsy Kris

 

The snow has fallen down over South Korea and covered every place in the village outside of Seoul with inches of snow. Everyone was happy that the snow finally came and covered the surroundings with pure white snow.

 

Well, except one guy.

 

The man, the sissy, the legend, the one and only Krisnardo da Wu.

 

Kris knew that as soon the winter starts he would get more hurt, and cold. Lay and Jongdae tried to talk through him that if he wore shoes with spikes underneath he wouldn’t slide away into a pile of snow with his head first, which he somehow usually did. They didn’t know how he could do that without any effort, but it’s Kris we’re talking about now. Everything he does is possible…

 

Anyway,

 

Lay and Jongdae had convinced him (after days of whining) to follow them to ice skate with them. And now they were, literally, dragging him towards the ice rink, with smiles on their faces.

 

“Calm down, hyung.” Jongdae patted Kris’s shoulders. “We will teach you how to skate propely.”

 

Kris snorted. “Do also teach me how to land in snow with style.” he sarcastically said.

 

“Raise your arms in the air, keep your feet together and have your chin up when you fall. That’s what I call style.” said Lay as he nodded to himself.

 

Kris rolled his eyes and let them drag him away. He was too tired to argue with his best friends. When they both have decided to do something, no one could stop them from doing it. And this is one of those situations that no one could stop them. Kris sighed a little, a small puff of air came out from his mouth. They arrived to the ice rink that was covered with people in every age skating around the rink. The three boys put their skates on before they began to skate. Lay and Jongdae made sure to put on a pair of kneecaps and a helmet on Kris, and also fasten a pillow on Kris’s just in case if Kris fell on the ice.

 

Do you think that was very kind of them for caring about their best friend? It really was, but what Kris didn’t know was that Jongdae had printed a text that said ‘Too Bootyful For You To See’ on the pillow. That was kind of Jongdae, right?

 

“A-Are you really sure about this?” stuttered Kris as he held onto a fence to support his balance.

 

“Of course we’re sure. We want you to have fun with us.” Lay smiled. He grabbed Kris’s hands and pulled him further on the ice rink. “Just relax and try to put your right foot forward and push yourself ahead with your left. Then do the same with your right foot.” instructed Lay. Kris did what he was told and pushed himself with a smooth move. After a while Lay could release his grip on Kris’s hands and let him try to skate for himself.

 

“Weeeeeeehhh~! I’m skating!” Kris raised his arms up in the air, trying to keep his balance. He had his legs slightly bent.

 

“Good job, hyung.” Jongdae grinned when he came up behind of Kris and then slid so he was infront of him, sliding backwards.

 

“I will soon beat you in ice skating if I keep training.” Kris joked and grinned.

 

Jongdae scoffed. “Keep on dreaming, hyung.” he smiled.

 

“Kris hyung! Since you now know how to skate, you can learn good moves now.” said Lay as he stopped behind Kris. He held onto Kris so he wouldn’t fall. “We’re not going to make a twirl, like Jongdae does.” Kris glanced towards the younger boy and saw him jump up and spin around in the air and then land on his right foot with his left leg in the air. Since when could he do that? “We will start with an easy move, like the meatball-move.” Lay smiled.

 

“Meatball-move?” Kris blinked his eyes. “Is there also a spaghetti move?” he sarcastically said.

 

Lay rolled his eyes and ignored the older’s joke. “Look, this is how you do the meatball-move.” he slid around Kris and then crouched down. He circled around Kris till he stood up and stopped sliding. “See? It’s easy. Now you will try it.” he said.

 

Kris nodded before he started to slide and crouch down, just like what Lay did. But he fell on his , or pillow, with a small thud. “Oh!” Kris yelped.

 

“The pillow worked!” Jongdae said while he slid past Kris with his arms stretched out and right leg in the air. “WIIIIIIEEEEEHHHHHHHHH~!”

 

Kris pouted, but couldn’t help but agree with Jongdae about the pillow. He then stood up again with the help of Lay, before he tried again. After more than 15 fails Kris coud finally do the meatball-move.

 

“Good job, hyung.” Lay smiled as he clapped his hands. “Now we will begin the next move, the move.” he grinned.

 

“Excuse me?” Kris blinked his eyes rapidly. Did he just heard it right?

 

“The move is also called the rooster move.” Lay shrugged his shoulder. Kris let out a sigh of relief. He was glad that Lay didn't meant another thing. (Tch, what a ert mind he had) “But anyway, this is how you do it.” Lay showed Kris the rooster move by sliding and stretch his arms out as he raised his right leg to his left knee. “It’s actually more easier than the meatball-move.” he said and halted right infront of Kris. He gave him the ‘now move your and try it’ look. Kris sighed a little but imitated Lay by sliding and try to lift his leg up.

 

“You’re doing it good.” Jongdae nodded when he came up behind of Kris and continued to slide infront of him while he, too, did the 'rooster' move.

 

“You are seriously starting to annoy me with your skating skills.” said Kris with his brows furrowed.

 

Jongdae laughed. “I was gifted with the talent to be good on ice. Like Frozen’s Elsa.” he smirked as Kris rolled his eyes. “Do you want to have a race with me? From here to the other side of the rink?” Jongdae arched a brow at Kris as his smirk got wider.

 

“Why not? Seems fun.” Kris smirked back. Jongdae stopped sliding right infront of Kris, which made Kris bump onto him.

 

“You’re ready?” he asked.

 

“The question is are you ready?” Kris cockily said.

 

Jongdae only chuckled and got into his position. “Ready, set, GO!” then they both raced with full speed towards the opposite side of the rink.

 

Lay watched his two best friends slide with ease to the other side. “What are these morons doing?!” he gasped. “Be careful!” he shouted to them, mostly to Kris. They didn’t seem to hear him when they slid past him. He sighed a little. Couldn't they stop try to compete with each other just for one day?

 

When they neared the other side, something or someone caught Kris attention. He saw a familiar face among the people who just walked past the ice rink. “Tao?” he blinked his eyes. Jongdae noticed that Kris got distracted so he took the chance to quicken his speed and soon he was finally at the side while Kris was more than 10 meters after him.

 

“Yey! I won!” he jumped a little in delight.

 

“Kris hyung!” Jongdae heard Lay shout. He looked over at Kris, who started to sway to the sides, and his eyes widened. Lay was sliding in full speed after him while flapping his arms around. "Hyung!" he shouted.

 

“Help!” Kris almost shrieked as he tried to regain his balance. He was now sliding with his right foot while he was leaning forward with arms stretched out and his left foot raised in the air.Jongdae gasped. Kris was doing the ultimate airplane move, that was the most hardest move ever in the ice skating category. He was staring at Kris, who was sliding closer and closer towards his direction, in shock. “Jongdae!” he shouted, that made Jongdae snap out of his shock.

 

“Jump, hyung. Jump!” Jongdae shouted. Kris didn’t had any other choices than to jump, just what Jongdae told him to do. He bent down before he jumped up and spun gracefully around in the air with his arms in the air, his feet together and his chin up. Just what Lay had told him how to land with style earlier that day. Jongdae and Lay, who just arrived beside Jongdae, was staring at Kris with their mouths opened.

 

“The ultimate airplane move is taking off.” Lay whispered in awe. Kris flew over the fence. He landed in the thick snow outside of the ice rink with his head first. Lay and Jongdae grimaced and winced when he landed in the cold cold snow. “I forgot to teach him how to stop.” said Lay through his teeth. “I’m sorry, Kris hyung!” he said. A small grunt could be heard from the fallen giant.

 

“At least he landed with style.” Jongdae nodded a little. “He made the ultimate airplane move and I like how that you can still see the text on the pillow.” Lay nodded in agreement.


“Ishe shkating ish not mah schtyle.” Kris mumbled from the snow.

 

 

 


Here's a chapter for you all and I hope that you liked it!

I had to do so much school work so I didn't had the time to update and I did have a writer's block, I'm sorry~

But I will try to update more now when the exams are over^^

 

See you~! (~^3^)~ *chu*