First Date!

Clumsy Kris

 

It was 7.57 pm, Kris was nervously standing outside a door. He bit his bottom lip as he glanced down on the time on his phone. Only three minutes till I can knock, he thought. He wanted to knock on the door the exact time as he told he would do yesterday. Kris patted down a few strands of his blonde hair that made it look like an antenna and then fixed his white shirt.

 

Money in the pocket of my blazer? Yup.

 

My house key? Yup.

 

The phone with me? Yup.

 

Pants on?

 

Kris glanced down to his legs.

 

Yup.

 

Even the shoes are on. He was full prepared for the evening. It was now 7.59 pm. Kris cracked his knuckle, preparing to knock onto the door infront of him. The time has come, to take T-

 

Kris didn’t finish his thought when he felt the door plant onto his body. He was lucky he was able to turn his face away so the door wouldn’t plant on it. It took two hours to apply on BB cream, and he didn’t want a stupid door to ruin his masterpiece. Kris groaned slightly.

 

“Kris?” Tao’s voice came from behind the door. Tao peeked over and saw that he had smashed the door onto Kris. “I’m so sorry!” he gasped and closed the door after he stepped out.

 

“It’s alright.” Kris gave an assuring smile to Tao. At least it didn’t hit my nose. “Shall we go to the Star festival?” he asked.

 

“Yes.” Tao beamed and smiled back. Together, side by side, they went to the festival that was held once in a year in their village. When they finally arrived, Tao couldn’t stop the smile form on his lips from excitement. He was looking around with big eyes in delight as they passed some stalls, with his lips slightly parted.

 

Kris had a small smile on his lips. He would glance towards Tao and smile more at how adorable he looked. His heart beat faster and he felt his cheek’s heat up when his gaze met Tao’s. “Do you want to eat something?” he asked Tao. Then he noticed a stall that selled sweets. “Do you want to have cotton candy?” he asked again, not letting Tao answer his first question. He saw that Tao’s eyes twinkled when he mentioned cotton candy.

 

“Yes, ge.” Tao nodded his head.

 

Kris smiled and led him towards the stall he saw. “Two cotton candies, please.” he ordered before he payed, ignorin Tao’s protest about he could pay for himself. “Thank you.” he thanked when the seller handed him his order, one blue and one pink. “Which one do you want?” asked Kris as he held up the two candies towards Tao.

 

Tao grabbed the blue one and smiled. “Thank you, Kris ge.” he thanked before he began to eat his cotton candy. Kris chuckled at how cute he was and began to eat his own. They walked around the festival, passing stalls and buying small souvenirs for themselves.

 

“Hey, Kris ge.” Tao was tugging onto Kris’s bend of the arm as he pointed to a stall. “Can we try that out?” he asked. Kris’s gaze followed the direction where Tao was pointing at. The stall was covered with plushies in different sizes.

 

“Sure.” Kris smiled and they went to the stall.

 

“Look at that cute dragon!” Tao pointed to the small green dragon plushie that was hanging on a hook in a plastic bag.

  (I just had to show you this cute plushie I've found on google images. IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!)

 

“Welcome!” the seller stretched his arms out. “Do you want to play a game? All you have to do is to bring down this stack of cans,” he pointed to the cans behind him “and you will win a plushie. If you miss, then you get nothing.” the man smiled.

 

Kris looked at Tao, who was returning his gaze with big eyes, and grabbed some money out of his pocket. “Here.” he handed the money.

 

The seller smiled and handed him three tennis balls. “You only have three chances to hit the cans. Good luck.” he moved to the side to let Kris begin.

 

The giant grabbed one of the balls. He focused his gaze on the cans, raised his arm in the air and threw it. The ball bounched into the board that the cans were placed on and then it flew back to Kris and hit him straight on his face. The seller tried to hide his laughter and Tao couldn’t help but smile. Kris grumbled as he rubbed in the part where the ball just hit him. Then he picked the second ball and threw it towards the cans. The ball flew past the cans, bounched on the wall and flew back. The seller dodged when the ball flew towards him and hit the stanchion behind him and then flew to the side, past Kris and onto the other stanchion. It bounched back and hit Kris on the side of his head. The seller slowly standed up behind the counter, looking around for a flying ball that may hit him. Kris growled of annoyance as he grabbed the third ball.

 

“Kris ge, fighting!” Tao clenshed his fist and smiled encouraging towards him.

 

The annoyance within Kris slowly vanished when he saw Tao cheering on him from the side. He breathed out and smiled. Then he returned his gaze towards the gaze. This time I will hit it. For Tao. He raised his hand and threw the ball. The seller dodged as the ball flew past him. Kris and Tao held their breath as they watched the ball flying in the air. The ball flew and hit the pile and made all the cans fall to the ground. “Yes!” Kris cheered and jumped around. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” he pumped his fist in the air.

 

“Congratulation, young man.” the seller standed up. “You can choose which prize you want.” he motioned towards the plushies.

 

“This one, please.”Kris pointed towards the same green dragon that Tao pointed on earlier.

 

“Alright.” the seller took down the dragon and handed him the plushie. “Happy Star festival.” he waved his hand.

 

“Thank you, and you too.” Kris smiled and went to Tao. “Here,” he gave the plushie to Tao.

 

“Thank you, ge.” Tao gave him a sincerely smile. “I will always keep it as a reminder about this day and your hard work.” he said and took out the dragon from the plastic bag. He hugged the dragon close to his chest while smiling. Kris felt his heart race at the sight of Tao smiling because of him. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket, he glanced down on the screen and saw that it was an alarm that went off. He checked the clock and noticed it was almost time.

 

“I want to show you something.” he grabbed Tao’s hand and dragged him through the festival, not noticing the small blush on the younger’s face. He led him to a hill that was close to the festival, yet far away. When they were on the hill, Tao gasped of the scenery infront of him. There, infront of them, was the festival. It looked quite small from the hill. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” Kris chuckled when he sat down on the grass.

 

“It is.” Tao nodded in agreement. He went to sit beside Kris.

 

They watched the scenery infront of them. “Want to know a secret?” Kris asked. Tao nodded his head and looked at him while Kris was just staring infront of him. “You’re the only one I have taken with me to this place.” he said.

 

Tao blinked his eyes. “So this is your secret place?” he tilted his head. Kris nodded his head. “Why did you take me here?” he asked.

 

“Every year, since I was young, I would come to this hill and watch the stars in the sky. Through the years I’ve never taken anyone with me to watch the stars with.” told Kris, not really answering Tao’s question. “The reason why I’ve never taken anyone with me is because I want to come here with the person I like.” he said and finally met Tao’s gaze. Tao could feel his face redden and his heart race when Kris looked at him. “I like you, Tao.” he said as he stared into Tao’s brown eyes.

 

“I like you too, Kris.” Tao said and smiled up to him.

 

Kris leaned his face closer to his, till their lips collided. When they pulled apart, they stared into each other’s eyes while panting a little. Kris then turned his head when he heard a sound coming from the festival. “Tao, look! It’s beginning now.” he said excitingly. Tao looked to the festival. Fireworks began to shoot up to the sky from the festival.


Tao was leaning his head on Kris’s shoulder while Kris leaned his own head on top of his. They both watched the firework with a smile on their lips, as they had their fingers entangled with each other.

 

 

*~THE END~*

 


This is officially the end of Clumsy Kris!

I wasn't relly proud of the 'last' chapter when they confessed to each other. I wanted to have a more special ending, and now I'm alright with this. (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)👌

Thank you all for reading this crazy fic of mine! I hope I made you all laugh or at least chuckle/giggle/snort/rolling in the deep or whatever~! Thank you for upvoting and subscribing and commenting and reading! It has been fun writing and sharing it with you~! And thank you for finding my lame humour funny and pulling through with my grammar mistakes and errors. Hehehe (─‿‿─)

 

And again,

Thank you for reading this story~!

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿