Special Chapter: Halloween

Clumsy Kris


It was a very dark night. No traces of cloud could be seen in the star lit sky. The lampposts was lit up in the shade of green, creating a creepy vibe in the small village outside of Seoul. This day was a special day. It was Halloween, a holiday to remember, saints, martyrs or the people who had died. And also for the children to walk around in their neighborhood to collect candies by saying trick or treat.

"Trick or treat!" the four boys said in an unison as soon the door opened.

"I choose treat." the old man chuckled before he handed them a bowl with candies. "Here you go, boys."

"Thank you, ajusshi!" the boys chorused after they had taken some of the candies. "Bye, ajusshi. Happy Halloween!" they waved their hands and went out to the street, where two of their friends was waiting for them.

"Hyung~!" a six year old boy ,with devil horns and tail, ran towards the arriving boys. "Did you got a lollipop? Did you?" the boy jumped in excitement.

The older boy, who was dressed up as a doctor, he wore a white robe and a headlamp, chuckled and fished up a lollipop from his black bag. "Yup. I picked your favourite flavour for you, Sehun-ah." then he gave it to Sehun.

"Thank you so much, Luhan hyung." Sehun smiled and put the lollipop in his mouth.

"Is there anything for me?" a brown haired boy stood beside Sehun with a small pout on his lips while blinking cutely. He wore a Zorro costume.

"Do you want a chocolate bar, Jongin-ah?" Lay asked after he had picked up the candy from his pumpkin bag.

"Yes." Jongin nodded and accepted the candy. "Thank you, Pumpkin hyung." he grinned.

"Yah~ Just because I have a pumpkin costume doesn't it mean my name is pumpkin." Lay whined.

"Are the others on their way yet?" the tallest of the children, Kris, asked. He wore a black robe and he held a scythe of plastic in his hand. "Luhan hyung, Jongdae, Lay, Jongin and Sehun are here." Kris counted up their names and frowned a little. "We miss Tao, Kyungsoo, Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and..." he got quiet when he forgot one person.

"And Xiumin hyung!" Jongdae roared as he stomped his feet on the ground. "You forgot Xiumin hyung!" he stomped more. He wore an orange dinosaur outfit.

"Ah yes! Xiumin hyung." Kris snapped his fingers. "Thank you, Jongdae-yah." he ruffled Dinodae's hair.

"Take it easy, Jongdae-yah. You're scaring the kids." Luhan said.

Jongdae stopped stomping and sent a cheeky grin to Luhan. "Sorry, hyung. I just acted like a dinosaur." he showed his teeth, like he was about to let out another roar. "But I'm sure that kid wasn't scared." he nodded his head towards Sehun, who was beside Luhan and hugged the older's knees because he couldn't reach any higher.

Luhan sighed a little and crossed his arms over his chest. "Sehun-ah, you can stop hugging me. And stop snuggle your face on my ." he said, trying not to sound annoyed to the little six year old boy. Sehun didn't respond and continued to hug the older boy.

"Sehun-ah." Lay crouched down beside the boy. "If you don't stop hugging him from behind he will fart on you." he said with a soft voice.

Sehun looked at Lay. "It doesn't matter as long as I am with my hyung." Sehun cutely grinned. That made Jongdae and Kris laugh while Luhan facepalmed himself.

"You can hold hands with him instead of hugging his knees, hm?" Lay tilted his head. "Does it sound better?"

The younger boy nodded after seconds of thinking. "Yeah." he then let go of Luhan's legs and wrapped his hand in Luhan's. "I wouldn't smell good if I kept hugging him anyway." he smiled. Jongdae was now on the ground, laughing.

"There they are!" Jongin pointed towards the arriving boys.

"Wassup Krease?" Chanyeol waved his hands as he smiled.

"What are you dressed up like?" Kris asked the eight year old boy as soon as he saw the green clothes he wore.

"The Grinch." Baekhyun answered before Chanyeol could open his mouth. "My costume are muuuch better than his 'cause I'm a pirate." Baekhyun hit his chest in a proud manner. He had a moustache drawn on his face.

"I'm not The Grinch! I'm Peter Pan." Chanyeol pouted to Baekhyun. "I'm Peter Pan, hyung." he told Kris.

"Yes, you're Peter Pan." Kris nodded, trying to calm the upset boy.

"See!" Chanyeol pointed to Kris as he looked at Baekhyun. "He says I'm Peter Pan." he said. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes a little and muttered 'Whatever.' to him.

"Suho hyung is that you?" Lay asked as he leaned forward to the walking sheet with the big black dots as eyes.

"Yup!" Suho's high pitched voice answered and jumped a little. "Am I scary?"

"No." Lay answered. A small sigh could be heard from the ghost. "You can't be scary because you're nice. But you're cute!" he smiled. "Kyungsoo-yah, you look also cute with that sushi costume." Lay squeked and ran to the seven year old boy to pinch his cheeks, leaving the ghost pouting.

"You sure are really cute, Soo." The wolf, Xiumin, said and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair. The little boy looked up at his hyungs and pouted. He didn't liked when they did that to him but he kept quiet.

Kris looked around the boys but he couldn't see the third maknae. "Where's Tao?" he asked.

"I'm behind you, ge." a small voice came from behind him. Kris turned around and saw a vampire standing there, looking up at him with its big eyes and naturally dark eye bags. Tao giggled a little, showing his fake vampire teeth, when Kris poked him on his forehead and chuckled.

"Shall we go now and break our record to get the most candies in the whole village?" Kris asked everyone.

"Yes!" Everyone shouted and then they began to trick-or-treating.


 

~~~*~~~

 

"Hey." Baekhyun poked on Luhan's cheek. "Hey." he said again and did the same action.

Luhan groaned before he slapped Baekhyun's hand away. "What?" he asked, annoyed.

"Can you please tell us a horror story?" Baekhyun asked. The crew where now resting on the playground in the park. They had been trick-or-treating for two hours and got lots of candy and are tired. Baekhyun got bored after five minutes of resting, so that explains why he kept annoying the little doctor, Luhan.

Anyway let's go back to the story.

"Why?" Luhan asked.

"Oh you know it's Halloween and we've been doing our duty as kids to walk around to get candies sooooo a horror story, or two, would be great." Baekhyun said with a sly smile.

Luhan raised an eyebrow at him. "You're too young to talk like that." he pointed out. "But alright. Hey! Who wants to hear a horror story?" he asked everyone with a loud voice.

"I want to!" the boys echoed in an unison.

"Not you." Kris stood up and went to the four youngest boys Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin and Sehun. "You're too young to hear a horror story. You should listen to kids music or at least watch My Little Pony." he took out an iPad from his bag he had under his robe. "Here. You can watch whatever you want as we listen to Luhan hyung." he gave the iPad to Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo-yah, you will be responsable for my iPad. Don't let Sehun touch it." he warned.

"You can sit over here." Suho waved his hand from one of the park benches, motioning the maknaes to come and sit on it while the others sat infront of them on the ground.

"Okay." Luhan clapped his hands when everyone had got their butts on the ground, except the maknaes who was busy watching Pororo on the iPad. "Are you ready for the story I'm now gonna tell you?" Everyone nodded. "It was a cold night." Luhan began. "A boy was playing games in his room, all alone, when suddenly!" he paused. "He felt something hard land on top of his head. When he looked down he saw..."

Baekhyun gasped a little as he clutched onto Jongdae. "What did he see?"
 
"Don't tell me it's..." Xiumin said with wide eyes.

"He saw... a rubik's cube." Luhan gasped. Everyone was giving Luhan the 'are-u-serious-?' look. "Wasn't it scary?"

"I knew that you was telling us that story." Xiumin shook his head at his friend.

"Are you serious?" Kris raised an eyebrow at him. "Now will the rubik's cube turn into a monster and eat the boy up or something like that?"

Luhan shook his head. "Nope, that's all."

The little pirate facepalmed himself. "I've asked the wrong person to tell a ghost story..." he muttered to himself.

"I know a story!" Xiumin waved his hand in the air to bring everyone's attention to him. "When the sun sets and darkness enter into this village, a strange creature will start to walk around in this village to search for food. People who have seen this creature says it's white as snow with a blue scarf, big glasses, pink vest and a black hat. No one knows if its a human or an animal, they've only seen it when it was completly dark outside with only a lamppost to lit up the place. They say that the creature are most spotted in this park, among the trees. It will be only most seen when it's Halloween, because it's when the most food of it walks around."

"S-S-So you mean that the thing eats kids like us?" Chanyeol stuttered. He was clutching Suho with his dear life. Xiumin nodded. That made Chanyeol gulp. "We-we are in the park right now... Wh-What if it shows up and eats us?" That made everyone quiet.

"Nah! Don't be silly now." Suho shook his head. "That was just a made-up story, right hyung?" he looked at Xiumin.

"I don't really know." Xiumin honestly answered and shrugged his shoulders. "I've heard it from my grandpapa. I don't know if it's true or not."

"I think I've heard something like that before." Kris muttered and scratched his head. "I can't remember the name the people had given that creature... But I'm sure I will remember it soon."

"Hyungs." Kyungsoo spoke up for the first time of the evening. They looked at him.

"Yes, Kyungsoo-yah?" Jongdae said with a soft voice.

"Why are Lay hyung staring in the woods?" he asked and tilted his head. The other three maknaes was looking at Lay with curious gaze.

"It looks like he's staring at something." Tao said.

"Or maybe someone." Sehun whispered quietly.

Everyone looked now at Lay, who was staring at something just like the maknaes said. "Lay hyung?" Jongin said with an uneasy voice. "What's wrong?" he asked. But Lay didn't answer.

"You said that the creature was white and wore a blue scarf, big glasses, pink vest and a black hat." Lay suddenly said, his gaze never leaved the woods.

"Uuhh yeah?" Xiumin raised an eyebrow.

"Is the hat a pirate hat?" Lay asked.

"Uhh maybe? I think my grandpapa told me it was a pirate hat." Xiumin frowned now. "How did you...?"

"I think that is the creature." Lay pointed towards the woods. Everyone looked to the direction Lay pointed at and saw a creature that was slowly walking towards them. With the help of a lamppost they could see the creature's feature, it was an animal with four legs and it was what Xiumin had told them. It had a blue scarf around its neck, big glasses and a pirate hat.

Kris snapped his fingers. "Now I remember what it's called!" he grinned. "Ace! Its name is Ace. And Ace is a dangerous animal that can shift from its normal alpaca size into the size of an autobot. It eats kids from six to ten." Kris explained, completly unaware the situation they were currently in. As he explained, Ace began to get bigger and bigger as he neared them. The steps he took got louder and louder. "Those who knows Ace is an alpaca have survived from being his snack."

"WHAT?!" Chanyeol shouted. "We must run! NOW!" with that Ace began to walk faster towards them.

"KYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" everyone screamed and stood up from the ground. Suho, Lay and Xiumin scooped up Sehun, Jongin and Kyungsoo into their arms before they ran. Kris grabbed Tao's hand and ran. Everyone was running with the giant alpaca, Ace, chasing after them. Ace was nearing Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He lowered his head to bite on the little boy's belt.

"AAHHH!! NOOO!!!" Baekhyun was lifted up from the ground by Ace.

"BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol cried. He jumped up and grabbed Baekhyun's hands. "Let Baekhyun go!" he tried to kick the giant alpaca but didn't suceed.

"Chanyeol, let go!" Baekhyun shouted. "You must run away!"

"No! I'm not leaving my best friend!" Chanyeol shook his head. They got lifted up in the air before Ace threw them up, opened his mouth and swallowed them.

"CHANYEOL! BAEKHYUN! NOOO!!" Sehun screamed. He started to cry on Suho's shoulder. That got Ace's attention. It didn't take a long time till Ace lowered his head and opened his mouth and gulped them both down.

"EVERYONE RUN FASTER!" Xiumin shouted. Kyungsoo tried to not to cry when he saw his hyungs and dongsaeng got swallowed by that alpaca.

One by one got in by Ace till it only remained Kris and Tao. They have heard how all of their best friends screamed for their life before they suddenly was gone. Forever. They heard the fear in their voices and their last words to their friends to keep on running before they disappeared. They could not be seen ever again.

Kris and Tao was nearing a house they could hide in. If they could. They was almost breathless but kept on running. They was almost there. Suddenly Tao stumbled on a rock and fell to the ground, releasing his hold onto Kris. "Ge!" Tao cried out and reached his hand out towards Kris.

"Tao!" Kris screamed and ran to Tao.

But Ace was quicker. He bit on Tao's vampire mantle and lifted him up.

"Kris ge!" Tao cried. "Kris ge!" he shouted. "Help me!" he reached his hands out as he got higher and higher up.

Kris tried to reach him but Tao was too high up. "TAO!" Kris screamed. He could feel tears form in his eyes as Tao got further away from him. "TAO!" he screamed in despair. "ZITAO!"

"KRIS GE!" tears strimmed down on Tao's cheek. "KRIS GE!" he cried. Then he got in Ace's mouth. Ace swallowed him and his mouth after that as he eyed Kris, from head to toe. The ten year old boy was dumbfounded when he stared back at his best friends murderer, Ace the alpaca. Ace lowered his head and opened his mouth. Kris didn't scream or move when Ace came closer and closer. Soon everything got pitch black.




 

 

 




Kris gasped as he sat straight up in his bed. He panted as he tried to register of what he just dreamed of. Him and his friends was trick-or-treating and they were kids that later got eaten by Ace. Kris looked down on the alpaca plushie beside him. He picked his plushie up to his face and stared at it. He then chuckled and shook his head at the thought of the dream of Ace eating his friends.

"It was just a dream." Kris chuckled to himself as he placed down Ace on the bed. "But Chanyeol did really look like The Grinch though he was Peter Pan..." he frowned and shook his head and got up from his bed before he started to strech his limbs. How long had he been taken a nap?

*Ding Dong* the bell clock rang.

He had been sleeping long enough for the kids to come and collect candies. Kris smiled. He went downstairs and grabbed a bowl with candies. He's lucky that he remembered to buy candies before falling asleep or the kids would play pranks on him.

 

Little did he know that as soon as he closed the door, Ace eyes turned red and a small smirk was forming on his lips.

 

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!!!
 


Happy Halloween! \(^-^)/

I hope you liked this chapter (and got trolled) xD I'm not good at telling a ghost story so I'm sorry for my bad story.

If you're a little confused of what the EXO kids was dressing up like and their ages, this is what they was dressed up as.

10 years old: Xiumin - Wolf | Luhan - Doctor | Kris - Death

9 years old: Suho - Ghost | Lay - Pumpkin

8 years old: Baekhyun - Pirate | Jongdae - Dinosaur | Chanyeol - Peter Pan

7 years old: Kyungsoo - Sushi roll | Tao - Vampire

6 years old: Jongin - Zorro | Sehun - Devil

Age unknown: Ace ->    

 

See ya'~ ^^