Something's Off

Children of the Night
Luhan guided us home, the starlight illuminating our path to the house. We had consumed hours of shared words that we didn't expect to be returned, emotions that came along with them as well. I had learned so many aspects about him, that he already had a scholarship to his desired college and random facts like he couldn't stand the fragrance of lavender-smelling soaps. And I've shared with him pieces of myself too, a side we both have never witnessed of each other. All the pain we've underwent, the happy memories that we spent with others, television shows, we never knew how average our lives were and how we weren't freaks at all. He was an average teen- besides the fact that he was drop-dead gorgeous, both packs were exceedingly attractive, and half wolf- the way he conversed, the way his eyes lit up with passion, of course it would've been nearly impossible if he didn't fit in school.
"Thank you," I murmured, half-wanting him to hear me because I could've sworn I was going to stumble or misplace my own words. "For distracting me, in a good way." His head turned towards me, to pair our eyes together but I swiftly distracted myself with the fabric of my tee.
"No, thank you. I haven't spoken so openly to anyone in awhile." His hands were picking at the hem on the pockets of his jeans, also preoccupying him. 
We returned home in approximately the same amount of time it took us to reach the hills, a few snakes here and there along the way but they weren't much of a bother. We both continued to uphold a conversation even when we were through the front door, giggling at the most random situations we had been in. Jongdae and the others still hadn't returned from the hospital yet, either meaning that the location of it was far or that Yifan's condition really wasn't something that could be taken lightly; not that I treated it like that in the first place. 
Kyungsoo was nowhere in eyesight, which threw me off guard, along with Yixing. I had beckoned for them, calling their name throughout the house but only one of the two appeared. Yixing replied that he was in the kitchen then I followed the sound of his voice to be bombarded with vibrant colors. Everywhere, not a single unit of space was wasted, there were beakers, chemicals, tube trays, anything science related that I have ever witnessed or was educated on and more. There were bold blues, emerald greens, ruby reds, lilac purples, that filled these endless rows of glasses. Yixing was currently peeking one eye through a microscope, adjusting some knobs on the side then stood to greet us. 
"W-What's this?" My curiosity was sky-rocketing into outer space, but here I was on earth, goosebumps crinkling my skin. 
"I told her about our powers," Luhan spoke before Yixing spoke, like he already acknowledged what he was prepared to say; wouldn't be surprised due to his personal gift. 
"I come from a family of healers, Jaewa," his voice when he muttered my name caught my attention which was previously on the ruckus before us. "The hospital Yifan's at, is my father's. He specializes in almost everything, you ask and he has a direct answer for you." 
"That's interesting." 
"I like to think so," Luhan stated, glancing at me before peering at Yixing's expression. Something was happening between them, something that I couldn't understand or pick out what was happening. It was like they were communicating through passages in the air that made sure I had no ability of hearing. 
"Why don't you look for Kyungsoo?" Yixing murmured finally after all of the tension between the three of us. "I couldn't find him anywhere." 
"Oh, okay." I took it as leave us to discuss certain matters that were too private to not conceal, and strolled around the house, calling for him. 
He wasn't upstairs, downstairs, in separate doors, basically nowhere to be seen. He either escaped or was playing an intense game of hide and seek with me. A shadow dissipated behind me, and if my head was turned even the slightest angle away from where it was, I wouldn't have noticed it. My heart sparked with ambition and determination to trail behind this black figure right on it's heels, everything was a game, win or lose, die or live. I was about to repeat his name until I suddenly forget how to pronounce the syllables and lost them in the many pockets of my jeans. I kept searching but there was nothing I could put to use to create a sentence, all I could do was stalk behind this mysterious thing. I chased it, for what seemed like hours but could've only been minutes, and soon I was sprinkled with delicate drops of water. My head gravitated towards the sky, and I was caught by surprise by the sight of the back porch. There were tables, tanning chairs, and in the center of everything, a humungous pool filled with probably thousands of gallons of water. An eere feeling  surged and streamed through my body, violently waking all of my nerves and senses.