Rotten Memories

Children of the Night
I trailed down the stairs and into the dining room when I was done with dressing myself. My eyes were glued on the amount of food set out on the table, enough to feed two families; a large chicken in the center surrounded by side dishes and of course, white rice. I had to close my mouth to retain from drooling, my eyes were satisfied but now it was my stomach to do the real job. Not going to lie, I was kind of anticipating this meal. 
"Sit down," Minseok lightly patted my shoulder. I didn't bother to hesitate, plopping down on a chair, the food now in front of me. He served everyone, then him last just like my mother would do; sometimes she didn't get much and had to either cook more or just consume whatever was left. But she didn't complain or had to point it out to us, at times I would give her half of my serving so she could at least taste the food. My heart ached thinking of them.
"Thank you guys for inviting me with such short notice, and being such great people towards me."
"I hope we become your second family," Zitao came behind and hugged me. I didn't mind, this was a million times more sweet and warm and better than being confined in a house with the others that shall not be named. I was accepted for who I was and surrounded by school friends. 
With that, we all consumed our foods, mumbling compliments on the cooking once in awhile and exchanging glances if our eyes met. Though it was mostly hushed and only the sound of the utensils clanking against the plate echoed the house, it was soothing and somewhat mending the wounds in my heart. 
When we were finished, I aided Minseok and Jongdae by cleaning up the table; the others fighting and betting for the couches. I didn't mind, they had fed me, bathed me, gave me permission to live in their house, and guarded me from harm. In my heart, this debt will never be paid or cease to exist, but helping them with chores seemed a way to pitch in. 
"Thank you for dinner," I meekly said to the boys. 
"As long as you're happy, then we are too," Jongdae grinned. Minseok ruffled my hair in response, earning a bark from Yifan on the couch. He was glaring daggers at the three of us but we knew he was just teasing. 
"Why don't you go to bed? You must be sleepy from eating so much," Yixing came behind me, brushing his hand behind my back. I felt warmth devour my cheeks, from consuming so much food and the sudden yet gentle contact. Goosebumps mountained my skin. 
"Thank you," I slightly bowed to them, bidding my goodnights, hoping that they would sleep comfortably. I made my way up the winding stair case, my calves burning from the unnecessary  exercise. Someone else's footsteps pounded behind me but I didn't confront the owner, this house was tranquil and safe. What was there to worry? It wasn't like my classmates would destroy me limb from limb and feast on my remains. But the thought of it had given me an uneasy feeling even before. 
My room or the room I was to be sleeping in, could never get used too. With the high-rise ceiling and windows that glanced out into the thick forest that surrounded us. Just the modern yet simplistic feel, something that I wasn't accustomed to viewing. I left the door open, not to allow access for people but I was just raised like this. Never to slam or shut doors, it was disrespectful to our parents and what was the reason to? I had nothing to conceal from anyone. 
I had already climbed into bed- after brushing my teeth and hair- when a shadowed figure stood against the door frame. Some of the moonlight cascaded into the room but not sufficient enough to reach that side of the room. By the way he stood, relaxed and silent, I had a fifty percent chance that I knew who it was but I pretended to sleep. 
"You're playing hard to get." I jumped at the proximity of the sound of Yifan's voice. He sounded like he was standing right next to the bed. I stretched my arm out until I found a sturdy body heaving against my touch. 
"Y-Yifan," I mumbled. With just me uttering his name, he entered my area; with no precautions, no warning, no hesitation. I allowed all of this to happen, my will and restriction had weaken at the smell of him. He was straddled over me, showering my body with kisses, neck, cheek, lips, delicate pecks nipping on me. I don't know why but I didn't mind his touch and found it rather heating and affectionate; the way it should be. 
I thought of Jongin. 
 
...he straddled over me. His piercing stare dug straight into my heart, causing it to race and me to pant uncontrollably. Without warning or preparation, he slammed his lips against mine. Electricity surged through my veins and created my mind to be blank. The only event that was taking place was our bond, his head turning to deepen the kiss even more than it already was, and me finally answering back. My eyes eventually shut which made everything else in my body relaxed; knotting my arms around his neck. 
Jongin broke the kiss, retracting and reclaiming his extremely luscious, warm lips. He stated lowly for only I to hear, "I like you."  I blushed with embarrassment.